E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Would You Give Your Last Dolllar To Anyone?

01-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
e92m3ftw
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92m3

Would You Give Your Last Dolllar To Anyone?

I know its been awhile since I posted on here. But I felt I had to share it since it was something that I had happened to me not to long ago. I was at McDonalds waiting in line when I saw two young kids (sister/brother) trying to pay for their happy meal. It didnt occur to me that these kids were no more than 7 or 8 yrs old and needed help, until I started listening to their conversation.

I looked in my own pocket and saw that the 5 dollars that I was planning to spend was my absolute last since I was dying of starvation. And just when I figured things couldn't get any worse, I heard the attendant say to the kids that they did not have enough to buy their meals. I immediately chimed in and told the lady I would handle the situation by paying for their little meal. The kids and the attendant were shocked as to why I did that, but the kids just smiled and said thank you. And they actually was starting to cry, I guess some things mean alot to some people. But anyways after the kids got their meal and left the attendant decided to give me a free meal due to my generosity. Which of course I took it, but the point is normally I would not do that. But I guess when times are hard you have to make a sacrafice, even for someone you do not know. So have any of you had a similar experience, and got blessed for it?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #2
molossus
batman
Rep
Drives: 335i

tell us some more about how great you are
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 09:45 AM   #3
e92m3ftw
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by molossus View Post
tell us some more about how great you are
I'm sure your joking right, but to be honest all I was saying is that it doesn't hurt to give because you never what goodness might come back toward you. That's all I was trying to say. And sometimes you just never know when someone might need something more than you .
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I'm not religious but in a situation like that I would definitely give them my money. When something like that happens to me, I feel that I'm somehow being reminded, in a small way, of how well life has treated me.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #5
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Good for you bro! I would do the same in a heartbeat if I was in your shoes.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 10:07 AM   #6
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

What's a dolllar?
      01-17-2011, 10:50 AM   #7
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
What he was trying to spell was "Doll Hair"

O I have done it plenty of times.....good for you for being a nice dude
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92m3ftw View Post
I know its been awhile since I posted on here. But I felt I had to share it since it was something that I had happened to me not to long ago. I was at McDonalds waiting in line when I saw two young kids (sister/brother) trying to pay for their happy meal. It didnt occur to me that these kids were no more than 7 or 8 yrs old and needed help, until I started listening to their conversation.

I looked in my own pocket and saw that the 5 dollars that I was planning to spend was my absolute last since I was dying of starvation. And just when I figured things couldn't get any worse, I heard the attendant say to the kids that they did not have enough to buy their meals. I immediately chimed in and told the lady I would handle the situation by paying for their little meal. The kids and the attendant were shocked as to why I did that, but the kids just smiled and said thank you. And they actually was starting to cry, I guess some things mean alot to some people. But anyways after the kids got their meal and left the attendant decided to give me a free meal due to my generosity. Which of course I took it, but the point is normally I would not do that. But I guess when times are hard you have to make a sacrafice, even for someone you do not know. So have any of you had a similar experience, and got blessed for it?
Good on you for helping them out but it's best to do things like that with the belief that no one will ever know what you did and you won't be thanked for it, let alone rewarded or blessed.
      01-17-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

hell yes i would.

Fuck mcdonalds for giving you a free meal for "genorisity" when two kids that didnt have enough money to eat didnt.

so wrong
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:20 AM   #10
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
hell yes i would.

Fuck mcdonalds for giving you a free meal for "genorisity" when two kids that didnt have enough money to eat didnt.

so wrong

this.... that alone almost makes me want to say the story is fake.

but then I realize we live in a shitty corporate society and I realize that's quite possible.
good catch man
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:25 AM   #11
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:

Uh huh. And you drive an M3 ??
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #12
e92m3ftw
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
hell yes i would.

so wrong
I admit when you put it like that it does sound messed up, that she gave the free meal instead of the kids, but at the time I wish I could have turned it down but its the past, and cant doing anything about it now.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:28 AM   #13
e92m3ftw
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
this.... that alone almost makes me want to say the story is fake.

but then I realize we live in a shitty corporate society and I realize that's quite possible.
good catch man
I understand that you might think the story is fake but hey man I have no reason to lie about what happened. I am merely stating what took place in the past, it is what is man.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #14
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

You didn't have any plastic on you?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:35 AM   #15
e92m3ftw
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Uh huh. And you drive an M3 ??
Ok since you wanna go that route with me that fine. I admit I was short on cash at the time since I was rushing to work. So the only change that was in my wallet was that 5 dollars. Please dont act like just because someone drives an m3 that I am suppose to just have 100 dollar bills in my wallet, it doesn't work that way son. So if you cant that I am merely talking about a simple gesture I did for those kids that is your problem. And dude I really having nothing to prove to you honestly.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #16
e92m3ftw
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Good on you for helping them out but it's best to do things like that with the belief that no one will ever know what you did and you won't be thanked for it, let alone rewarded or blessed.
Thanks man I appreciate that you understand where I am coming much thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #17
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Ok since you wanna go that route with me that fine. I admit I was short on cash at the time since I was rushing to work. So the only change that was in my wallet was that 5 dollars. Please dont act like just because someone drives an m3 that I am suppose to just have 100 dollar bills in my wallet, it doesn't work that way son. So if you cant that I am merely talking about a simple gesture I did for those kids that is your problem. And dude I really having nothing to prove to you honestly.

Son ?? I appreciate you thinking that I'm on the young side, but I assure you that I'm old enough to be your weird Uncle.

Kudos to you for doing that. Just seemed strange the way you worded the story.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:48 AM   #18
e92m3ftw
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACSTER View Post
Good for you bro! I would do the same in a heartbeat if I was in your shoes.
Thanks bro it never hurts to help someone out sometimes.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
e92m3ftw
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Son ?? I appreciate you thinking that I'm on the young side, but I assure you that I'm old enough to be your weird Uncle.

Kudos to you for doing that. Just seemed strange the way you worded the story.
Its all good I wasn't trying to disrespect you its kinda how I talk to everyone. But I was at work so I should have took the time to explain the story a little better my fault.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #20
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Its all good I wasn't trying to disrespect you its kinda how I talk to everyone. But I was at work so I should have took the time to explain the story a little better my fault.
No worries.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 12:15 PM   #21
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I understand that you might think the story is fake but hey man I have no reason to lie about what happened. I am merely stating what took place in the past, it is what is man.
nono not calling it actually fake at all. I would LIKE to say the story is fake because of that (because it's so fucking ridiculous that McDonalds would do that), but I do actually believe it.

sorry wasn't conveyed well with no voice connotations
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2011, 12:16 PM   #22
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Quote:
no I'd do the same thing, and have been in similar situations....sometimes you don't have any other cash on you and you don't have your cards on you. thus you only have a couple bucks on hand.
Appreciate 0