E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Experience with corrupt cops?

01-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #23
truths2k05
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 6 SPD, 12 135i PPK DCT

You think cops are bad, internal affairs is where the most crooked of the crooked are. They are a gate keepers for dirty cops to get away with dirty deeds. Had a nice experience with these jerks before. They give you the universal blow off " We are very concerned with this matter, and will be actively looking into it"
Translation "Piss Off"
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #24
newdadkel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X6M CBM

Not sure about corrupt but certainly immoral.
One of my best friends was married for a couple of years to a girl who had been married before. Between her first divorce and marrying my friend, she was having an affair with a married cop. It ended (we think, but I doubt) when they got married. They divorced a couple of years later. Because of a custody issue, he was trying to find out where she was going all of the time when she was off work. Needless to say, he found out that she met up with someone at a hotel, empty six pack container in the trash, and NO condom wrappers anywhere. He could still get her phone records since they were on the same account, and was able to find out that the number associated with this was a cop. He dug a little deeper and found thousands of messages between them over several months. Once he found out who it was, he was able to find out that this cop is still married with kids. He threatened to go to internal affairs with the reason being that he was using taxpayer money (while at work, police car, cell phone, etc) to carry on this affair. She relinquished on some of the divorce issues so he never followed through.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 07:24 PM   #25
Chrisrw
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Police, just like anything else is not perfect. They try, but can't always keep the assholes out. Just remember for every 1 asshole, there's 99 others that would give their life to keep others safe. No one ever hears about these guys tho...

07 335i / Black on Red / Sport / Premium / 19'' Rims / Matte Black 18'' Winters / Vishnu / DCI / CF wrap / HID AE / OEM lip / H&R race / Titek / HKS
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #26
Mk23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrw View Post
Police, just like anything else is not perfect. They try, but can't always keep the assholes out. Just remember for every 1 asshole, there's 99 others that would give their life to keep others safe. No one ever hears about these guys tho...
I think your ratio is very off, at least for the States. But I understand that there are good cops out there too, had a chat with one... once...
      01-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #27
McMuffin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Widebody 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
Not even close to true, some officers have a number they go by, AL state troopers do 10% of the speed limit over, so if its 65 they MIGHT allow 6.5 over, but its still not a law, just what some go by. I once got a ticket for 2 over, but got it thrown out of court when I got there because the head of state troopers said they aren't supposed to be writing for that little.
Last I heard, that's letter of the law!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 11:56 AM   #28
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
yes. when i had my GSXR i got pulled over by the same damn cop 7 days in a row, 2 blocks from my house, and given a fixing ticket for different things every time.

Improper license plate mount, blue wind screen, cracked glass on the headlight, turn signals too small and i even got one for improper footwear. Apparently you are supposed to wear boots when you ride a bike.

He was a complete dick, but soon has disappeared from my neighborhood. I guess enough people complained.

All of my tickets were dismissed when i brought them to court and showed to the judge that all 7 tickets were from consecutive dates.
This reminds me of a something that happened a couple years ago. I got pulled over 4 days in a row, and got a tint ticket every time by the same idiot. On the 5th day when he tried to give me a 5th one I pulled out a doctors note saying my eyes hurt from the sun and I need tint. LMFAO the cops face reaction was something Ill never forget in my life.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #29
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

yeah, i have had run in's with crooked cops, i think its more common than you would think.

situation: i used to work as a civil engineer, and many of our projects were in silicon valley. some of the local municipalities had regulations that if you were constructing and needing to block a traveled lane or street, in addition to a traffic control plan, you need to have an off-duty city PD in attendance.

anyways, it saturday, i'm at the site, and the construction crew is working away. they were rotating their breaks, so they got to chatting w/ the officer who we had hired for traffic control (btw, no cars anywhere to be seen, its an area of office parks, and its deserted on sat AM).

the cop is in uniform, but starts bragging about the fancy Lexus SUV he bought his wife, and the new infiniti SUV he just bought himself. the construction guys (mostly younger, some have had run-ins w/ the law in the past) are listening w/ rapt attention. cop keeps going, talking about how "you can't buy that shit on a cop's salary", etc etc. basically, he and his buddies sold drugs out of the evidence locker, mostly to people like the construction types. in this case, the construction dudes had the good sense to say, "no thanks, dude" and get back to work.
      01-16-2011, 01:51 PM   #30
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk335i View Post
Totally not true, have known people that have received tickets for 2mph over.
lol...would tell officer to piss off
Appreciate 0