E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Old(er)F1 Drivers

06-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #1
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Old(er)F1 Drivers

Anyone other than me ready to see some of the older F1 drivers retire (Trulli, Barrichello, Coulthard, Fisichella)? Seems these guys aren't racing to win any more, although their experience is making a contribution to their teams I'm sure. But I'd rather see some much younger blood take their places.

As for this weekend, I'm hoping to see Massa and Kimi on top, in that order.
      06-05-2008, 08:27 AM   #2
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535xi

They aren't racing to win because their teams aren't racing to win. I think they are all still great drivers (except for Fisi...he did crap with the Renault). I think it's good to have a mix of experienced and new guys. Besides, Coulthard interview are so much fun.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
edge350
Junior Cheeseburger
Rep
Drives:

I agree. These guys should move over and give younger drivers a chance. Money and fame...hard to pass up.
After Monaco, I'd like to see Sutil do well, though I doubt we'll see a Force India driver on the podium any time soon.

Crimson Red/Terra 135i, delivered 4/19/08, traded in 9/8/08. Recovering addict, still a fan.
Appreciate 0