E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Nürburgring sold (AGAIN!) - to Russian billionaire

11-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #23
KSERGEI-BY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 tdi DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.S.A View Post
what is wrong with a Russian buying the race track.?? I do not understand
Do you realize this is a criminal money, mostly stolen from the budget, they use to buy things in normal world ?

Russian billonare in most cases is a synonim of a theif.
      11-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #24
KSERGEI-BY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 tdi DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by huatian View Post
Some things just need to stay German.
This "russian millionare" guy will probably get german citizenship due to his investement. And money will be legalized. As simple as that.

Last edited by KSERGEI-BY; 11-03-2014 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 07:05 PM   #25
koreez88
Всем привет ;)
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla

Watch out, the ring is gonna be laid out with Swarovski Crystals soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 12:34 AM   #26
deadlyrhythm
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Garage List
2013 BMW X5d  [0.00]
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
What wrong that he's Russian? US propaganda too much?
Nothing. It's just part of the facts. It's where he's from.
My understanding was how Germans perceive Russians in general, as well have a strong feeling of maintaining German nostalgia, heritage, culture, and, property in this case, German.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 03:58 AM   #27
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure View Post
I always thought that the consortium of German cars: "BMW AG, Volkswagen AG and Daimler AG" would buy this circuit.
Mostly because everyone knows that in this track test their vehicles and is a profitable business.
If it had been only the track(s), they may even have done so. But there was no interest at all from their side for the unprofitable, ugly and entirely misplaced "ringwerk" which was the big black hole money-wise and which was part of the package deal for the Ring.

In retrospective it is regrettable that the 'Ring wasn't sold to the ADAC with its strong ties to the circuit and strong supporter base in Germany. The local government wanted to minimise its losses and chose a (rather small) company without apparently making a thorough due diligence on their financing of it all - and now it's all in the hand of a Russian billionaire whose motivations are entirely unclear. Not an ideal situation, in particular in view of the intention to keep the 'Ring in mostly local hands.

Alpina_B3_Lux
      11-04-2014, 04:23 AM   #28
Pure
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i EB , RR Ghost Black D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
If it had been only the track(s), they may even have done so. But there was no interest at all from their side for the unprofitable, ugly and entirely misplaced "ringwerk" which was the big black hole money-wise and which was part of the package deal for the Ring.

In retrospective it is regrettable that the 'Ring wasn't sold to the ADAC with its strong ties to the circuit and strong supporter base in Germany. The local government wanted to minimise its losses and chose a (rather small) company without apparently making a thorough due diligence on their financing of it all - and now it's all in the hand of a Russian billionaire whose motivations are entirely unclear. Not an ideal situation, in particular in view of the intention to keep the 'Ring in mostly local hands.

Alpina_B3_Lux
I understand perfectly friend.
Greetings to my dear Germany.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 05:09 AM   #29
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreez88
Watch out, the ring is gonna be laid out with Swarovski Crystals soon.
made me lol
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #30
BMW269
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post

Alpina_B3_Lux
And here is German propaganda, as if only Russians have "entirely unclear" motivations.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 10:17 AM   #31
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
And here is German propaganda, as if only Russians have "entirely unclear" motivations.
Please look up the definition for propaganda.

His motivations are unclear, and he is Russian. These are two facts. That has nothing to do with propaganda. The same would have been said if he had another nationality.