E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Verizon vs. AT&T

05-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #23
Ochmonek
Nosy Neighbor
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I have ATT. I do not have an Iphone. Had the service for over 6 years now through its various changes in name. I can't even remember the last time I had a dropped call. Don't really think it has ever happened. Only down side I've seen in my time is in up-state NY at my school there were a few dead spots. I couldn't be happier with ATT.

If nothing else, I will never use either the Iphone or Verizon because of the lack of a sim card. The rest of the world has adopted the sim card format, and I find it unacceptable that both Verizon and Apple choose not to use it.

Btw, Samsung i8510 all the way. 8 MP camera? wat?

The iPhone uses a sim card.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:14 PM   #24
Ochmonek
Nosy Neighbor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama69 View Post
The original iPhone did not use a SIM card. The 3G does use a SIM card.
Thanks for the clarification.

BTW, that Samsung phone looks sweet......
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:17 PM   #25
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochmonek View Post
Thanks for the clarification.
Phiber just told me that it did. ATT salesman told me it didn't

Further clarification.....Original iPhone has a SIM card, but can't be used in any other ATT phone. It was iPhone specific.

Last edited by yomama69; 05-27-2009 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #26
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Notice someone already posted Verizon Fails at math link....

However, if your money is important to you and want a company that will treat you well and not try to screw you out of your money read these stuff

http://www.tampabay.com/features/con...icle972068.ece
http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/
http://verizonmath.blogspot.com/2007...-customer.html
http://www.eyelesswriter.com/

I just find it funny a company has a link like this on their website

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential...bill/95880.htm

it tell me they know they are screwing you and if you catch them they have to explain how to get your money back.

They are so arrogant that PA and FCC went after them for these activities and could not determine if they fixed their problems. which date back a number of years.

http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/public/comm...on/8694.htm#II

If you not care about what it cost you and when you do have a problem you never plan to call them, then you have your answer.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #27
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

Quote:
Phiber just told me that it did. ATT salesman told me it didn't

Further clarification.....Original iPhone has a SIM card, but can't be used in any other ATT phone. It was iPhone specific.
That is true, the original Iphone only work with an specific AT&T SIM car, you could not take another AT&T SIM card and put in the iphone and have it work. I tried it and it does not work. You have to hack the phone to allow the another GSM SIM car to work. I believe this is also true for the 3G as well.

This is a pain, and one of the down sides to the iphone, I would like to remove the SIM and put it into another phone so you did not always have to carry around the iphone, especially if you out doing an activity you did not want to damage the iphone. I got old cheap phones for that.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
Ochmonek
Nosy Neighbor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
That is true, the original Iphone only work with an specific AT&T SIM car, you could not take another AT&T SIM card and put in the iphone and have it work. I tried it and it does not work. You have to hack the phone to allow the another GSM SIM car to work. I believe this is also true for the 3G as well.

This is a pain, and one of the down sides to the iphone, I would like to remove the SIM and put it into another phone so you did not always have to carry around the iphone, especially if you out doing an activity you did not want to damage the iphone. I got old cheap phones for that.
You can take the sim card from the iPhone and use it in another phone. (I've done it) However, the iPhone does not save contact info to the sim card.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 02:58 PM   #29
yomama69
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochmonek View Post
You can take the sim card from the iPhone and use it in another phone. (I've done it) However, the iPhone does not save contact info to the sim card.
This isn't true. My wife and I swapped our iPhone 3G's for Blackberry Bolds this weekend and her contacts swapped over. Well, most of them. Mine did not.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #30
Ochmonek
Nosy Neighbor
Rep

Quote:
This isn't true. My wife and I swapped our iPhone 3G's for Blackberry Bolds this weekend and her contacts swapped over. Well, most of them. Mine did not.

Hmmmm.... Maybe it depends on the phone you put the sim card into. The AT&T employee told me that the contact info wasn't saved on the sim card. Perhaps not by default.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2009, 06:21 PM   #31
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
AT&T customer service is subpar. They have the Iphone and that is it.
Verizon customer service and cell phone service in the Greater Los Angeles area is better.

I have been dealing with the corporate side of Verizon and AT&T for years now in various jobs.

FWIW, I have the Blackberry Storm and an Iphone.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0