E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > X5 (E53) 54-Factory fitted DVD rear entertainment - Wireless Headphones advice.

08-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
j9mm0
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 3.0d 54 plate

X5 (E53) 54-Factory fitted DVD rear entertainment - Wireless Headphones advice.

I have recently purchased my first X5 2004 3.0d.
It has rear factory fitted (apparently) dvd entertainment etc. but I cannot figure out how the wireless headphones work and neither could the dealer!
I have tried, what I think is everything inc. batteries but they wont pick up the wireless signal and play any sound.
The headphones are Blaupunkt IVHS-01 and they do pick up a slight buzzing and the on button LED lights up, which makes me think they are working. The wireless transmitter is all plugged in however has no lights etc to show its working though, but traced the wires.
I have the sound coming through the radio with the audio on/off button near the footwell, for the whole car but not in the headphones!..
I have tried the tv audio settings but still nothing.
Any help or advice would be appreciated on how these headphones are supposed to work or how I get these headphones working!...

Thanks.
Appreciate 0