E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > AK-47

04-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #45
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post
thats a good setup there.

AK47s are fun but I don't like it to much.

I've always been a fan of the M4 which we use often these days, as well still use the good ole M16 lol.

In civilian rifles that leaves me partial to AR15s.
I always found the AK-47 to be kind of like the F150 pickup parked out back. Not all that pretty, not a precise piece of engineering or mechanical precision. However, it's there when you need a tool for the job.

Cannot argue with the AK families reliability, but I can argue with it's "feel". Make sense?

I loved the M4 while active, so I built my own as best as a civilian can. Though I think the Eotech is on it's way out, and I'll be getting another ACOG.
      04-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #46
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
Really!!!!mmm so you are telling me that a Short barrel is completely legal in US eh!!!!!.
I guess then the cops who questioned me in Seatlle (I noticed that you are also from Seattle) and I have to prove to them that I am a Canadian citizen and it is completely legal to have a short barel in Canada must have been dreaming eh. Any ways it is all good fun.
no.. Sub 16 inches and you need to register it and get a tax stamp, after that your fine.

Same goes with suppressors, which are legal in most states but again require registration and a tax stamp.

Usually costs about $200-$250 for the paper work and tax stamp.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #47
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
I have an AK-47... I believe that its a Romanian one that I bought for like 400 bucks a few years back. I also have a AR-15 (Bushmaster M4), which I prefer the feel of much more. They are kind of like comparing a sledge hammer to a scalpel.... they can both get the job done, just that one is a little more rough around the edges than the other.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 12:56 AM   #48
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
I always found the AK-47 to be kind of like the F150 pickup parked out back. Not all that pretty, not a precise piece of engineering or mechanical precision. However, it's there when you need a tool for the job.

Cannot argue with the AK families reliability, but I can argue with it's "feel". Make sense?

I loved the M4 while active, so I built my own as best as a civilian can. Though I think the Eotech is on it's way out, and I'll be getting another ACOG.
One of my buddies did the same thing, real nasty shot. He was a sniper in Afghanistan when we first went in.

Oh I know the AK is damn reliable but not what I'd ever own rofl.

I'm simple, I just stick to sidearms. Maybe I'll build up a rifle collection pending on space down the road.
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0