E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > december 21 2012 / DOOMSDAY? PROPHECY?

04-26-2008, 11:56 PM   #23
Negotiator
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 07 GTI

This isn't the last cycle of the mayan calendar; just the end of another one.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #24
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSG328I View Post
Line up the blow and start doin it off hookers asses cause the world is over the prophecy is written.
hahaha if I had gagers and hookers I wouldnt mind the whole world ending crap
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #25
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
hahaha if I had gagers and hookers I wouldnt mind the whole world ending crap
You can always pay them, don't really need the world to end, for these benefits.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2008, 09:17 AM   #26
aznshrek88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i SG

well at least it'll be my birthday if its the new doomsday
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #27
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I always love watching these sort of things on History Channel and Nat. Geo. Not a true believer though. Just interesting.

The best counterpoint I've heard on this is, if the Mayan's predicted "doomsday" why didn't they predict their own?

I do plan on looking for crazy deals on the nuts who will be selling their entire lives for next to nothing.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #28
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

How many times have we heard the world or civilization was coming to an end....

The problem with all these predictions and the so call prophets is the news and other people do not go back to these people after the fact and embarrass the hell out of these people. These people should be publicly ridiculed, when science and engineering screws up or jump ahead of facts people come down all over these and the people involved. But when these so called prophet/leaders make these statement no one goes back to them and force them to explain why they were idiots and wrong.

The prefect example is the Y2K events that all these people were running around saying the whole world would stop. They had people on TV talking about all the bad things that will happen, even people who had all these stuff stored up since they were convince you would not be able to buy stuff after Y2K. I asked the local news why then never went back to these folks and publicly embarrass them, and they said it was not interesting or news worthy.

I personally would find it very interesting to put these people to shame and make sure they go into hiding in a hole and never pop their heads out.

Face it most of these predictions are about people creating FUD and separating stupid people from their money.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 10:43 AM   #29
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I think it is interesting as well. Definitely don't believe it though. I don't think it makes sense for any Christian to believe a Mayan prophet... unless they heard it from the fiery bush God. :
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 05:35 PM   #30
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
I dont know.... i beleived that 6/6/06 was gonna be it. but i woke up that day and my penis didnt fry off. so i dont think ill beleive 21/2012.

but they say the world ends when the 4 corners of the earth go to battle in israel (or somewhere in the reigon) and a river of blood is formed from the death of all the soldiers.

i dont know if it will happen, but if it does, you can def. spot me a mile away waving my trini flag in the air, blasting some soca music, and a massive spliff in my mouth. dont worry, ill be holding an E90post rally point flag. i bring the herb, but someone's gonna need to bring alot of zippo lighter fluid... lol
      04-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #31
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

lol e90post rally point ftmfw!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 06:02 PM   #32
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
I dont know.... i beleived that 6/6/06 was gonna be it. but i woke up that day and my penis didnt fry off. so i dont think ill beleive 21/2012.

but they say the world ends when the 4 corners of the earth go to battle in israel (or somewhere in the reigon) and a river of blood is formed from the death of all the soldiers.

i dont know if it will happen, but if it does, you can def. spot me a mile away waving my trini flag in the air, blasting some soca music, and a massive spliff in my mouth. dont worry, ill be holding an E90post rally point flag. i bring the herb, but someone's gonna need to bring alot of zippo lighter fluid... lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
i dont smoke pot btw, fucktard.
Please.. Just shut up?? It's old now, seriously, we get it.. You wish you were a rastafarian.

Gratz. You can stop posing now.

-Nathan
      04-28-2008, 06:07 PM   #33
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

its not really about the Mayans and religion anymore. Its becoming a fact since it is scientifically proven by NASA that at that time the solar system will be passing the equinox of the milky way which will then change then make the south and north pole shift and basically switch spots. And because of this pole switch, there is going to be tsunamis, hurricanse, earthquakes, volcanic erruptions and every thing you could think of.

Just go watch youtube, there is a bunch of videos on this where physicists talk about it.

I really didn't believe this stuff at first either until i saw those videos.

But w/e, just live your life to the fullest and if this day comes, we'll just have to deal with it.
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER
________
Acura specifications
________
HERO HONDA PASSION HISTORY
________
Latina Webcam

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #34
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

An asteroid will hit earth that day...i've been following the trajectory of this asteroid on my amateur home telescope...now that u brought up this date i did some calculation and it has a 80% chance of hitting Earth.

the asteroid is 7 miles long and 4 miles wide, if it hits, we are done...

i snapped a pic of it with my camera phone
Attached Images

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #35
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
its not really about the Mayans and religion anymore. Its becoming a fact since it is scientifically proven by NASA that at that time the solar system will be passing the equinox of the milky way which will then change then make the south and north pole shift and basically switch spots. And because of this pole switch, there is going to be tsunamis, hurricanse, earthquakes, volcanic erruptions and every thing you could think of.

Just go watch youtube, there is a bunch of videos on this where physicists talk about it.

I really didn't believe this stuff at first either until i saw those videos.

But w/e, just live your life to the fullest and if this day comes, we'll just have to deal with it.
The poles aren't going to switch in a year alone..
"It may be near zero in another few thousand years at this rate."
Once again, people are just spinning information to fit their "theory" so that they can become famous. People can predict anything without repercussions, and then if it comes true they receive all the praise in the world and are hailed as a genius, while their false predictions are forgotten. Mass hysteria also helps, whenever you mention the extinction of all man kind on a certain date, it's kind of hard to stop these rumors.

"During the last 20 million years the fossil record shows 60 reversals, and that the period between reversals seems to be slowly decreasing and getting shorter" -NASA.gov
TRIASSIC - 245 to 208 million years ago
JURASSIC - 208 to 146 million years ago
CRETACEOUS - 146 to 65 million years ago

It's amazing how there is still life on earth.. There may be a ton of natural disasters, but the extinction of all living things??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
An asteroid will hit earth that day...i've been following the trajectory of this asteroid on my amateur home telescope...now that u brought up this date i did some calculation and it has a 80% chance of hitting Earth.

the asteroid is 7 miles side and 4 miles long, if it hits, we are done...
Don't fuel the fire..
"The risk of an impact by asteroid 2004 MN4 went up slightly on Saturday, Dec. 25. It is now pegged at having a 1-in -45 chance of striking the planet on April 13, 2029. That's up from 1-in-63 late on Dec. 24, and 1-in-300 early on Dec. 24.

Astronomers still stress that it is very likely the risk will be reduced to zero with further observations. And even as it stands with present knowledge, the chances are 97.8 percent the rock will miss Earth." -Space.com

-Nathan
Attached Images

04-28-2008, 06:28 PM   #36
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Please.. Just shut up?? It's old now, seriously, we get it.. You wish you were a rastafarian.

Gratz. You can stop posing now.

-Nathan
lol, if the world is coming to an end, you can bet your ass im gonna be ripped. and no, i dont want to be a rasta. i dont like their culture. having grown up around it, its great and whatnot.... but its just not my style to look like a vagrant.
      04-28-2008, 07:32 PM   #37
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 718 GT4

Quote:
The poles aren't going to switch in a year alone..
"It may be near zero in another few thousand years at this rate."
Once again, people are just spinning information to fit their "theory" so that they can become famous. People can predict anything without repercussions, and then if it comes true they receive all the praise in the world and are hailed as a genius, while their false predictions are forgotten. Mass hysteria also helps, whenever you mention the extinction of all man kind on a certain date, it's kind of hard to stop these rumors.

"During the last 20 million years the fossil record shows 60 reversals, and that the period between reversals seems to be slowly decreasing and getting shorter" -NASA.gov
TRIASSIC - 245 to 208 million years ago
JURASSIC - 208 to 146 million years ago
CRETACEOUS - 146 to 65 million years ago

It's amazing how there is still life on earth.. There may be a ton of natural disasters, but the extinction of all living things??
I guess you're right about people making up rumours, but its not just one random person saying this, its a bunch of educated people.

Also, I never said anything about extinction. I just said that we're gonna die. Now in one of those videos that I saw in which the phsysicist was talkign about, he said that if this phenomenon takes place, most likely 6 billion people will die which leaves about 750 million to repopulate the Earth.

We'll just have to wait and see.
________
Cannabis seeds
________
TOYOTA UR ENGINE
________
Problems With Wellbutrin
________
BODY SCIENCE

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 07:35 PM   #38
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSG328I View Post
Line up the blow and start doin it off hookers asses cause the world is over the prophecy is written.
^^ ya, what he said!
      04-28-2008, 07:55 PM   #39
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

How about Edward Casey? I watched a show on him and all his predictions came true and when asked when the world was going to end he said December 21 2012... I usually dont believe in stuff like this but this one makes the most sence to me

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #40
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:

Don't fuel the fire..
"The risk of an impact by asteroid 2004 MN4 went up slightly on Saturday, Dec. 25. It is now pegged at having a 1-in -45 chance of striking the planet on April 13, 2029. That's up from 1-in-63 late on Dec. 24, and 1-in-300 early on Dec. 24.

Astronomers still stress that it is very likely the risk will be reduced to zero with further observations. And even as it stands with present knowledge, the chances are 97.8 percent the rock will miss Earth." -Space.com

-Nathan

you think Nasa will announce to the world if they found a doomsday asteroid? Knowing they are funded by the government and if shit like that leaked out it would cause riots and mass religious hysteria all around the world? nah they keep it to themselves and try to find a way to deal with it, so we can go on about our everyday life. and if they can't stop it, they announce at the last minute....'sorry guys we been keeping this from you but you're fucked soon'

bam, dead, done...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:14 PM   #41
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
Bunch of superstitious bs.
I agree...same with what was supposed to have happened with that whole Y2K thing....

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:19 PM   #42
Spool
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
I agree...same with what was supposed to have happened with that whole Y2K thing....

That Y2K rumor was started by Deer Park and Evian...bet yall didn't know that, they paid good money to have that rumor leaked out...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:21 PM   #43
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Quote:
That Y2K rumor was started by Deer Park and Evian...bet yall didn't know that, they paid good money to have that rumor leaked out...
Interesting....

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 11:00 PM   #44
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
I guess you're right about people making up rumours, but its not just one random person saying this, its a bunch of educated people.
Do you know how often "educated" people are wrong?? How often they say certain things are good for your health, but end up being detrimental??
The thing with educated people is that they are the same as the uneducated, when in groups they all agree with each other regardless of having different opinions or not. They all strive so hard to be correct, perhaps more so than the uneducated, so they easily jump on a bandwagon.
Take Solomon Asch's experiment involving conformity for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
How about Edward Casey? I watched a show on him and all his predictions came true and when asked when the world was going to end he said December 21 2012... I usually dont believe in stuff like this but this one makes the most sence to me
Do you mean Edgar Cayce??
Quote:
"He maintained that Atlantis had a civilization which was technologically superior to our own, and that its last surviving islands had disappeared in the area of the Caribbean some ten thousand years ago. His most specifically timed forecast was that Atlantis would rise again in 1968 or 1969."
Cayce forecast that, by the end of the century, New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco would be destroyed. He said that "the greater portion of Japan must go into the sea" at this time, and that northern Europe would be "changed as in the twinkling of an eye."
Yeah.. all of them.. That's only two, I don't feel like listing the rest.

I'll list some Nostradamus prophecies as well..
Quote:
The assassination of President Bush in 2006. Usually these predictions take place within a year or so of the original date.

Quote:
The year 1999 seven month,
From the sky will come a great King of terror:
To bring back to life the great King of Angolmois, (the Mongols),
Before after Mars to reign by good luck.
Apparently this was the prediction of 9/11. (2 years before it happened)
Quote:
According to the prophet, Genghis Khan and his empire are now returning in another incarnation. Eerily 1990, the leaders of the People’s Republic of China restored Genghis Khan to his “rightful” place in Chinese history.
If you cite Nostradamus's prediction on 2012 and you're a Christian, apparently you believe in reincarnation.
Quote:
At forty-five degrees, the sky will burn,
Fire approaches the great new city,
Immediately a huge, scattered flame leaps up
When they want to have verification from the Norman
Apparently people have interpreted this as 45 degrees Latitude and claim he is talking about NY, the trade centers. (45 degrees off the horizon seems to be what he was actually describing.)
The thing about most all predictions is that they are very vague, and leave a large amount of room for interpretation. Nostradamus mastered this in his writings, and that is why he was so famous in his time, he figured out he could leave enough room for interpretation that almost all of his believers would find them true. In these predictions people also often throw in a "may" or "might", they never say "will" happen.
Quote:
you think Nasa will announce to the world if they found a doomsday asteroid? Knowing they are funded by the government and if shit like that leaked out it would cause riots and mass religious hysteria all around the world? nah they keep it to themselves and try to find a way to deal with it, so we can go on about our everyday life. and if they can't stop it, they announce at the last minute....'sorry guys we been keeping this from you but you're fucked soon'

bam, dead, done...
It would be extremely hard for them to keep something of that magnitude under wraps.

-Nathan

Last edited by Expired; 04-28-2008 at 11:19 PM..
Appreciate 0