E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > And it keeps getting "better"...

06-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #1
thedean786
A Herald of Doom
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Fancy Car

And it keeps getting "better"...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/...bes/index.html
      06-06-2006, 04:32 PM   #2
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

court trials of these military offenders are a joke. what did that dog handler get, "90 days of hard labor," or something. They said they were going to look into what he would be doing for punishment. If a civilian sicked their dog on another person they would go to jail, not get community service.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
lumbergh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

It's funny how you don't post about the innocent marines being killed by IED's and the women running up to military personel with bombs strapped to them that are blown up by their insurgent husband's hiding with the trigger ready to kill innocent people.

Yet you feel the need to post the most critical perspective.

If there was murder they will pay for it but you're being pretty one sided.

It's also funny you don't talk about the innocent people that get their heads cut off either yet this is so interesting to you.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
thedean786
A Herald of Doom
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Fancy Car

First of all let me begin by stating once and for all I'm not a Saudi, I'm an American who happens to be a Muslim hence the little flag at the botton of my profile.

Second, I'm not discounting the fact that our troops are getting killed by insurgents and that innocent people are dying. But that does not excuse our military or the powers behind them from the very laws they choose to vehemently defend and choose to propogate throughout the world.

How does it make our country look when on one had we shout to the world that the only solution for a "civilized" middle east is to have democracy and justice. Yet we choose not to follow the very ideology we would like to see established in that part of the world?

I support our troops and the right our nation to defend itself against tyranny and any other threat it may face. But I do not support having our troops being used as pawns in someone sick political agenda or being used to propogate a foreign policy that is weak at best and ignores the very dynamics and values that make the middle east a very unique part of the world.
      06-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #5
BMW320i
Colonel
Oman
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 320i

Garage List
2006 320i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedean786
First of all let me begin by stating once and for all I'm not a Saudi, I'm an American who happens to be a Muslim hence the little flag at the botton of my profile.

Second, I'm not discounting the fact that our troops are getting killed by insurgents and that innocent people are dying. But that does not excuse our military or the powers behind them from the very laws they choose to vehemently defend and choose to propogate throughout the world.

How does it make our country look when on one had we shout to the world that the only solution for a "civilized" middle east is to have democracy and justice. Yet we choose not to follow the very ideology we would like to see established in that part of the world?

well said...

19" velocity CSL replicas staggured // Continental sport contact 2: rear: 255/35/19, Front: 235/35/19 // Blacklines // rear OEM spoiler // y-connector // 30% v-kool tint all around // Black Roof/Mirrors // H&R Sport springs // H&R TRAK+ 15mm spacers //
BMW never makes ordinary cars . . .
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

"unique" is a nice way to put it. Public beheadings, honor killings, Sharia law, Wahabbism, polygamy for men only, separate laws for Muslims and Non Muslims (kaffirs), teaching that THEIR religion is the only religion worth anything.... the list goes on.

I'm against uneccessary violence and this particular war, but I find very little admirable or respectable about their values and dynamics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedean786

I support our troops and the right our nation to defend itself against tyranny and any other threat it may face. But I do not support having our troops being used as pawns in someone sick political agenda or being used to propogate a foreign policy that is weak at best and ignores the very dynamics and values that make the middle east a very unique part of the world.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 07:34 PM   #7
pawarrant
SECDEF
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3

Garage List
2020 X3 xDrive30i  [0.00]
2013 328xi  [0.00]
Can't you guys post your liberal thoughts on the moveon.org blog or the Friends of Nancy Pelosi chat room. Why do you have to insult those of us who love America on a BMW car site?
Retired: 2016 435i M-Sport Alpine White/Black Dakota Leather, 2013 328xi Melbourne Red Metallic/Black Dakota Leather, 2009 328xi Montego Blue Metallic/Saddle Brown Dakota Leather, 2006 325xi Monaco Blue Metallic/Gray Dakota Leather, 2003 325xi Steel Grey Metallic/Black Leather
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #8
lumbergh
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawarrant
Can't you guys post your liberal thoughts on the moveon.org blog or the Friends of Nancy Pelosi chat room. Why do you have to insult those of us who love America on a BMW car site?

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 06:57 AM   #9
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 06:59 AM   #10
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
"unique" is a nice way to put it. Public beheadings, honor killings, Sharia law, Wahabbism, polygamy for men only, separate laws for Muslims and Non Muslims (kaffirs), teaching that THEIR religion is the only religion worth anything.... the list goes on.

I'm against uneccessary violence and this particular war, but I find very little admirable or respectable about their values and dynamics.
couldn't agree more

I'm no racist, I 'respect' anyone who respects me etcetera blablabla. I live(or used to live) in one of the most tolerant countries in the world. But I'm sick of all that shit. Or just blame the US for anything? Yeah right.

Mind you I'm not a US citizen.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2006, 08:10 AM   #11
gscone
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche Turbo, 2017 BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbergh

It's also funny you don't talk about the innocent people that get their heads cut off either yet this is so interesting to you.
Co-sign you on that one.