E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Happy 666

06-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #23
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Merry christmas...

oh wait...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #24
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
I think a date more creepy would have been 6/6/THE YEAR 6, but then again Jesus would have only been 6 (or 7?) years old. And back then, the number would have meant nothing because 666 didn't mean anything to anyone...St. John the Divine didn't write Revelation until about 70 A.D.

If the mark of the beast in Revelation was "662006", then yeah, I'd be pretty creeped out. People are always looking for a secret or code to break.

I agree more along the lines with Shim. The Internet could have something to do with the antichrist, because don't forget, Revelation also says "no one could buy or sell anything without the mark of the beast"...it's supposed to be an economic thing.
Some people interpret the number as 616, not 666. And the "antichrist" was Nero.

I am not a believer in this aspect of Christianity. omgomgi'lltakethatbackifeveryone disappears before the tribulation though.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #25
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Some people interpret the number as 616, not 666. And the "antichrist" was Nero.

I am not a believer in this aspect of Christianity. omgomgi'lltakethatbackifeveryone disappears before the tribulation though.
I agree with you, though Revelation does mention two different "beasts" if I'm reading correctly...one from the Sea, and the other from the Earth...both different, where "beasts" are supposed to mean Anti-christ, and "dragon" meaning Satan.

That's only if I interpret it correctly. One could be Nero...but what about the other one?

I dont' know, Shim, but I have to agree with you. I've studied Gnostic christian literature (and other apocrypha) in addition to the "official" New Testament...way before this whole DaVinci code thing...and I must say I find the entire thing facinating, but I find some things difficult to accept and wonder whether they are REALLY what Jesus would have wanted, or are they just what someone else interpreted it to be???
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 06:51 PM   #26
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
I agree with you, though Revelation does mention two different "beasts" if I'm reading correctly...one from the Sea, and the other from the Earth...both different, where "beasts" are supposed to mean Anti-christ, and "dragon" meaning Satan.

That's only if I interpret it correctly. One could be Nero...but what about the other one?

I dont' know, Shim, but I have to agree with you. I've studied Gnostic christian literature (and other apocrypha) in addition to the "official" New Testament...way before this whole DaVinci code thing...and I must say I find the entire thing facinating, but I find some things difficult to accept and wonder whether they are REALLY what Jesus would have wanted, or are they just what someone else interpreted it to be???
LOL, I haven't done a fraction of your reading, so...

One IS Nero, the other is probably Satan.

Personally, I feel bad for Satan.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #27
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Pleased to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Personally, I feel bad for Satan.
Use all your well earned politice,
Or I'll lay your soul to waste...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #28
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

ROMAN NUMERALS

D= 500
C=100
L=50
X=10
V=5
I= 1
_____

i maybe interchanging ssome letters. do the corrections.

the "M" fo 1000 used to be CI and an inverted "C". it never came out with the original letters.

total length of the obelisk in front of saint peter's basilica is 666 too.
      06-06-2006, 10:36 PM   #29
nyyankee
The Ultimate Posting Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90rocks
Well, where there's a waw, there's a way.

On the subject of Hell freezing over, Damien Cox, from the Toronto Star writes on 6/6/6 - The New Jersey Devils just acquired Miroslav Satan from the New York Islanders. " I can't wait til he starts next year," stated general manager Lou Lamoriello," imagine the headlines 'Satan leads Devils to victory!' ".

DISCLAIMER: Poster makes no guarantee that the above expressed information is accurate, complete, current, funny, new, spelled correctly, or grammatically correct. The above-stated information is instead provided on an "AS IS" basis, and is subject to revision with or without notice.
Appreciate 0