E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > ATS-V and CTS-V track testing

06-26-2014, 07:07 PM   #23
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
After the horrible experience I just got at my Cadillac dealer I don't think I can ever seriously consider buying a CTS again. Even though I was really excited for it, I don't want to have the GM service experience. What a crap company, should've just went bankrupt.
Dealerships are individually owned. Your poor experience is more a reflection on who owns the dealership and who they choose to run it.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #24
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
After the horrible experience I just got at my Cadillac dealer I don't think I can ever seriously consider buying a CTS again. Even though I was really excited for it, I don't want to have the GM service experience. What a crap company, should've just went bankrupt.
Cadillac dealers do need to shape up. They continually sell the deal not the car, have horrible stock of vehicles, etc. They continue to sell to their older more traditional Caddy buyers while not doing anything to attract the younger crowd which is what Cadillac is trying to do.

Curious, was GM involved in whatever happened or the dealer just sucked? As stated above, dealers are independent from the manufacture. Though Tesla is fighting that( and I hope they win).
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 08:40 PM   #25
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

I don't want to get into the details, but they're the only Cadillac dealership within 50 miles of me so buying a CTSV would make me have to interact with them again.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #26
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Dealerships are individually owned. Your poor experience is more a reflection on who owns the dealership and who they choose to run it.

And, dont hesitate to buy out of state. I have done so with several cars without a hitch.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 07:45 AM   #27
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
I've dealt with Moore Cadillac in Chantilly, Virginia, and I can attest they are as good or better than the local BMW dealership, BMW of Sterling, regarding service. Most all dealerships are privately owned (usually dictated by State regulations - Re: Tesla), which affects your experience. From my service experience at both dealerships in August 2013, I found the Cadillac dealership better. BMW of Sterling gave me a loaner F30 335i, which was absolutely grossly filthy; so bad I had to stop by Autozone on the way home to get glass cleaner and paper towels to clean the I-drive controller, seats, dash and steering wheel (apparently a child had the car before me). Once I realized how dirty the car was I almost threw up. The ATS from Moore was clean as a whistle.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 07:51 AM   #28
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
I hope that woman with the broken fuel pump doesn't see the up to 70 people who DIED because "they had too many keys on their ring." That'll teach them, huh? I'd detail the 20 MILLION cars GM recalled THIS YEAR, but Carpal Tunnel would set in halfway through. You're an apologist for a dysfunctional, dangerous company. We've established that.
Oh wow, it's now up 70 people? Maybe everyone who has died in a GM car this decade has been because of the evil and dangerous GM Management. Apparently BMW owners only die of old age and no BMW has ever been recalled (well anyway maybe not for a defect purposely built into the car to kill off customers).

Thank God you didn't list all 20 Million cars or GM would have another lawsuit on their hands for your carpal tunnel syndrome.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 08:43 AM   #29
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Should be neat, the ATS V. I remember seeing a mule pictured with an e90 M3 that their engineers where using for testing and development alongside the V.

I wonder if they picked up an F80 yet?
      06-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #30
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Oh wow, it's now up 70 people? Maybe everyone who has died in a GM car this decade has been because of the evil and dangerous GM Management. Apparently BMW owners only die of old age and no BMW has ever been recalled (well anyway maybe not for a defect purposely built into the car to kill off customers).

Thank God you didn't list all 20 Million cars or GM would have another lawsuit on their hands for your carpal tunnel syndrome.
Sorry, I thought I had heard up to 70 people had died as a result. I apologize.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/14/bu...aths.html?_r=0

Maybe they faked their deaths? Could be.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 01:04 PM   #31
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Just make sure there are no extra keys on your keyring when you drive it.
I don't have a dog in whatever fight you've got going on in these forums, but I will say that not having too much shit on your key ring because it damages the ignition switch (in a wide range of makes and models) is something I was taught back in the late 90's when I first started driving. I'm not siding with GM here by any means, but this is something I have always known about. Therefore, this whole blow up that's happened lately has kinda dumbfounded me. But then I realize that most people are fucking retards and don't research things they buy nor bother to get to know the ins and outs of them, the shoulds and shouldn't's. Especially cars. Therefore, despite the fact that this has been ruled an engineering failure\defect, I still feel like some of the blame should be shouldered by the user here.

I will use the BMW fuel pump issue to back me here. I was aware that, just like my previous two Audi's, this could happen. I knew most of the things that could go catastrophically wrong and how I would have to handle the situation should it arise before I bought my car. Guess what? The DCT failure happened to me in traffic. I was prepared. No accident, no deaths. Car's fixed now.

Last edited by davis449; 06-28-2014 at 01:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 01:08 PM   #32
CirrusSR22
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

In that same 10 year period about 350,000 people died on US roads. I'd bet many thousands of those are from defects among all manufacturers. Not to defend GM, but when you've produced more cars than any other company in the world, it's a lot easier to find trends.

Last edited by CirrusSR22; 06-28-2014 at 01:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 01:28 PM   #33
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CirrusSR22 View Post
In that same 10 year period about 350,000 people died on US roads. I'd bet many thousands of those are from defects among all manufacturers. Not to defend GM, but when you've produced more cars than any other company in the world, it's a lot easier to find trends.
Same situation in Toyota's case. There was a study done showing 100 deaths due to sudden acceleration problem. When the government investigated each case, they only found 5 deaths were result of sudden acceleration. That 303 number will dwindle to nothing.

Also who did GM source the airbags from?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 02:07 PM   #34
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

The CTS-V is on my radar. the things that make be not do it are.

-the new touch screens are awful
-the new look ( i kind of like it from the front, but the rears i don't like)
-They might not offer a manual. I can Do a DCT, but not a torque converted auto. i don't care how fast it can shift i don't like the feel of them.

I know i will like the engine of the V more than its German competition. putting a detuned Z06 engine is prefect. I cant stand the latest turbo German engines.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #35
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Or perhaps maybe a just bunch of lawyers piling on.

A few excerpts from the NY Times:

"Among the accidents in the government’s database is a crash that killed Hasaya Chansuthus, 25, in the early hours of Dec. 31, 2009. Ms. Chansuthus was driving her 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt in the rain around 2 a.m. in Murfreesboro, Tenn., when she sideswiped a car and crashed head-on into a tree at 70 miles an hour, according to her brother and the accident report. The air bags did not deploy."

"Ms. Chansuthus had been at a party at her boyfriend’s house and had been drinking, both her brother and Mr. Gritton said. The accident report said that her blood alcohol level was 0.19 — more than twice the legal limit."

Maybe people shouldn't drive shit-faced and expect to survive hitting a tree at 70 MPH in a small economy car regardless if the airbag deployed or didn't deploy. I seriously doubt Ms. Chansuthus would have survived hitting a tree at 70 MPH even if she had an airbag, Simpkins race helmet, HANS device, and a 6pt. harness. But apparently it was GM's fault. Maybe for safety reasons GM should recall all its cars and install BAC monitors so that dumb asses like Ms. Chansuthus won't kill themselves or anyone else.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 06-28-2014 at 02:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 02:15 PM   #36
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

To be fair, GM is kinda making it easy for people like Never Convicted to poke fun at them....

http://jalopnik.com/gm-recalls-7-6-m...1598114265/all
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #37
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Or perhaps maybe a just bunch of lawyers piling on.

A few excerpts from the NY Times:

"Among the accidents in the government’s database is a crash that killed Hasaya Chansuthus, 25, in the early hours of Dec. 31, 2009. Ms. Chansuthus was driving her 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt in the rain around 2 a.m. in Murfreesboro, Tenn., when she sideswiped a car and crashed head-on into a tree at 70 miles an hour, according to her brother and the accident report. The air bags did not deploy."

"Ms. Chansuthus had been at a party at her boyfriend’s house and had been drinking, both her brother and Mr. Gritton said. The accident report said that her blood alcohol level was 0.19 — more than twice the legal limit."

Maybe people shouldn't drive shit-faced and expect to survive hitting a tree at 70 MPH in a small economy car regardless if the airbag deployed or didn't deploy. I seriously doubt Ms. Chansuthus would have survived hitting a tree at 70 MPH even if she had an airbag, Simpkins race helmet, HANS device, and a 6pt. harness. But apparently it was GM's fault. Maybe for safety reasons GM should recall all its cars and install BAC monitors so that dumb asses like Ms. Chansuthus won't kill themselves or anyone else.
I'll just leave this here. Probably damn lawyers exaggerating again.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/a...30&id=17741832
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #38
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll just leave this here. Probably damn lawyers exaggerating again.

http://money.msn.com/business-news/a...30&id=17741832
Few quotes from the article:

"The company is aware of three deaths, eight injuries and seven crashes involving the vehicles, although it has no conclusive evidence that faulty switches caused the accidents."

"The added recalls also raise questions about the safety of ignition switches in cars made by all manufacturers."

" a bump on the key from the driver's knee or from the weight of a heavy key chain. In the older model midsize Chevrolets, Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles, only jarring or heavy keys — and not a bump from the driver's knee — can knock the ignition out of position."

"GM's stock fell 27 cents, or less than one percent, to $36.36 in late afternoon trading."

Not sure the title of the article is all that accurate.

So the count of people who died is 3, 13, 16, or 303? Numbers are bit all over the place, don't you think? The US Government lets hundreds of US Veterans die in the VA health system due to gross negligence, but 16 people may have or may not have died due to faulty ignition switches (faulty because people put too much weight on the key ring, or smack their knee into the switch), but GM is THE evil corporate citizen...
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #39
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Few quotes from the article:

"The company is aware of three deaths, eight injuries and seven crashes involving the vehicles, although it has no conclusive evidence that faulty switches caused the accidents."

"The added recalls also raise questions about the safety of ignition switches in cars made by all manufacturers."

" a bump on the key from the driver's knee or from the weight of a heavy key chain. In the older model midsize Chevrolets, Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles, only jarring or heavy keys — and not a bump from the driver's knee — can knock the ignition out of position."

"GM's stock fell 27 cents, or less than one percent, to $36.36 in late afternoon trading."

Not sure the title of the article is all that accurate.

So the count of people who died is 3, 13, 16, or 303? Numbers are bit all over the place, don't you think? The US Government lets hundreds of US Veterans die in the VA health system due to gross negligence, but 16 people may have or may not have died due to faulty ignition switches (faulty because people put too much weight on the key ring, or smack their knee into the switch), but GM is THE evil corporate citizen...
I knew it would elude you. The operative number is 29,000,000.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 08:30 PM   #40
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I knew it would elude you. The operative number is 29,000,000.
I say again "So you just make comments on things you know nothing about. Good, we've got that straight now."
Appreciate 0