E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Ran against a friend's GSXR-600 today. . . and won, maybe. . .

04-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #67
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

I've been riding for years and what you've described is little more than pipe dream fantasy or a rider who is afraid of his machine.

Yeah even a little 600... If you had said 5th gear Roll on from about 80-90, maybe... Possibly, but what you described bro is pure fiction, or a rider without a clue.

I have a Suzuki GSX1300R, it's plenty fast and there isn't a car made that can touch one until about 150MPH for under about $500K. It's not fiction, it's not bragging, it's just the nature of the machines.

Sport Bikes and especially the Open Class hyper bikes are in an entirely different realm of performance even bone stock, on the bike you just don't even know someone in a cage is trying to race you. Cars are just that much slower... It's all about power to weight until drag takes over...

This one is bone stock accept for the pipes. With a good rider they can run High 9's stock, modified they get into the 8 second range with a good rider. I've taken this machine to 185+MPH Between Tampa and St. Pete many times.
Attached Images

04-22-2008, 02:05 PM   #68
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
I've been riding for years and what you've described is little more than pipe dream fantasy or a rider who is afraid of his machine.

Yeah even a little 600... If you had said 5th gear Roll on from about 80-90, maybe... Possibly, but what you described bro is pure fiction, or a rider without a clue.

I have a Suzuki GSX1300R, it's plenty fast and there isn't a car made that can touch one until about 150MPH for under about $500K. It's not fiction, it's not bragging, it's just the nature of the machines.

Sport Bikes and especially the Open Class hyper bikes are in an entirely different realm of performance even bone stock, on the bike you just don't even know someone in a cage is trying to race you. Cars are just that much slower... It's all about power to weight until drag takes over...

This one is bone stock accept for the pipes. With a good rider they can run High 9's stock, modified they get into the 8 second range with a good rider. I've taken this machine to 185+MPH Between Tampa and St. Pete many times.
haha

I know man, I know. . . we've established that by now. We're just filming this to see what the bike rider is doing wrong and blah blah. (said sincerely). And yes, I as well as others, know that 1000cc+ bikes are untouchable, but we're talking about 600's, and yes yes I know. . . even 600's are fast.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #69
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:

Not really fair for cars when you have the fastest production bike ever made

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #70
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
busa's FTW

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #71
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

waiting on these vids bro!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #72
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

SSTT has as much power as a JB2 and my cousin with a jb2h isnt able to outrun me maybe after 120mph, but we did 40mph rolls and digs.i have SSTT with drop in K&N.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 02:46 PM   #73
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Even being just an average rider I can trap at 10.6 @ 140, 0-60 is less than 3 seconds. 0-100 in 6.5-7 seconds or so flat... And as I said I'm an experienced but pretty average rider.

And I apologize Boost for having not read the thread more carefully...

It's all fair on the road though... In Tampa you've got folks in the 911 Turbos, Z06 Vettes etc, and they cannot hang until 150-160 when their huge HP numbers and superior aero package takes over. That's when the bike with 180HP is just rolling mass with 180HP vs the car with 500HP.

Then of course you've got the insane folks with turbo busa's pushing 300HP Running the standing mile at 250MPH...
      04-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #74
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
but I thought you already shot the video so even if you returned the camera, you should still have the file on the memory card, just upload that one while your waiting for the new camera.
I was a page behind... can't wait for the video
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 06:42 PM   #75
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwoo2go View Post
but I thought you already shot the video so even if you returned the camera, you should still have the file on the memory card, just upload that one while your waiting for the new camera.
No, I couldn't properly download any editing software like Vegas or Final Cut Pro. My PC didnt even have a DV cable connect or DV board, and my lap top did have a DV cable hook up, but the 4 pin to 4 pin cable was no where to be found. So I never even got a chance to learn how to upload videos or anything.

So I got a HD camcorder that shoots onto mini DVD's instead. That'll be easier to load and in the mean time while I wait for it to arrive, I'll try to get the software. But trust that I'll provide you with these videos folks.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2008, 10:32 PM   #76
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico335 View Post
p.s. neema, im sorry babe and i love you
Whoa you have no idea how much this post creeped me out when I glanced at it haha, I've never met anyone who spells their name like I do (like that)

Sorry for the random post haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 12:45 AM   #77
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:

dude nothing touches hayabusas
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #78
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 11:25 PM   #79
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

video coming tonight fellas. . . .

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2008, 11:50 PM   #80
Double White
Second Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red e90

my friend killed a murceilago on a gsxr 600 your friend doesn't know how to ride
      05-06-2008, 11:51 PM   #81
Double White
Second Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: Crimson Red e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by nico335 View Post
dude nothing touches hayabusas
suzuki ftw
      05-07-2008, 11:29 AM   #82
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

the runs were done from 10-20 mph rolls. . . . haha, in 1st gear (yea, right. . . no one stands a chance) to about 120 or so. I guess that day we ran he was in second gear, either way, here is the outcome that I, as well as others, totally expected. No chance haha!

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #83
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

you guys gonna watch the video or what?

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #84
MTV
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, Volvo S60R

So the time you won, he started in second gear?

Nice video though, he walked you lol
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #85
samwoo2go
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

personally I think even if he started in 2nd on a 20 roll he'll still walk you...maybe he was in 6th...
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 12:21 AM   #86
MontegoblueE92
Captain
Rep
Drives: It Like He Stole It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
you guys gonna watch the video or what?
Up your pwned juice and give it another shot.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 12:27 AM   #87
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post
So the time you won, he started in second gear?

Nice video though, he walked you lol
never won haha, just barely kept even with him, and he claims he started in 2nd or 3rd back then. . . . either way, he tells me that he has to kill his bike through 3rd and 4rth to keep up with me when I'd jam it on the freeway while he was following me. But yea, I never thought that I should be or would be faster then a bike. . . . and to prove I'm realistic about my runs with people, I posted that video of me getting WALKED by him. . . . just like I knew it should be haha, and would be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
Up your pwned juice and give it another shot.
i think maybe its my 3rd turbo, or my 2nd super charger. . . . maybe its that TurboNator fan haha. . . . I dunno, i'll just up the 100 shot NOS to 200 shot

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2008, 12:33 AM   #88
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

haha. . . . 90 in 3rd gear

Appreciate 0