E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > Formula 1 Grand Prix De Monaco 2014

05-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #89
Sebringjetta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Convertibleguy View Post
Monaco? F1 is often a parade, and Monaco is one of the worst. In town would be $$$, out of town would be a lousy commute. Maybe use a train? I suppose the track lets you get closer to the cars than most these days.

I did Monza once. You can stay in Milan, it's big enough that the prices don't get jacked up. And take a train/short shuttle bus to the track. Nice cultural experience. After the race, I joined the crowd rushing the track. Kind of fun, if you didn't fight it, and let the crowd carry you where it would. After the podium ceremony it broke up, and you could walk around the track. Under the old banking was very cool. The one disappointment was the pit stops. I had a seat directly across, but they had shields up and you could see very little.

I don't think F1 has pit passes, except for the well connected. If you want to buy tickets you might think about doing it as soon as the track will sell them. 6 months before Monza was too close, the track had none, and I had to buy one from what here would be a scalper. Something like 5 times face value. It's a well organized system, lots of established vendors, all gets done over the Web.

Spa looks like it would be a hoot, but you have a very decent chance of awful weather. In my book, the last great track, with some really fast turns.
wow thank you for all the info....monaco is on my bucket list and so is spa!!!!!!!! think spa would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
      05-27-2014, 10:18 AM   #90
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
I don't have a strong opinion either way, but count me in the camp that finds it hard to believe it was deliberate (and I saw the ant-johnny analysis of the two laps side by side).

What I found most interesting was what Ted Kravitz said post qualifying: "I've spoken with 3 or 4 team bosses and 4 or 5 engineers and every single one of them in this pitlane thinks that was a deliberate move by Nico Rosberg".
I've been following (and liking) Rosberg from his early days with Williams so I feel doubly annoyed that he chose such an obvious ruse to get pole. Better to come second than cheat to win.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #91
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebringjetta View Post
ok so the wife and i are planning a trip 2 years out and this is one of the stops....if the hotel is in advance where would you stay and where in your opinion is the best place to sit? also around what does the pit passes cost? thank you for your time....also do you think it would be better to stay outside the area...or is it really worth the $
128 guy pretty much covered it, and well!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 10:13 PM   #92
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

The lesson here for Lewis is to not to give Rosberg a chance to do this again on the tracks where pole is critical. Make sure you get your flier prior to Nico or anyone else has a chance to ruin your chances. Anyhow I have a feeling that Lewis will win every single race from here on. He is IMO quite a bit faster than Nico and now he is royally angry and will make sure Nico gets embarrassed whenever he can.

I can't help liking Ricciardo better and better. He is probably my favourite driver right now. He is not whining and complaining about everything. He realizes how incredibly lucky he is being where he is and doing what he does and he is quite fast. I'm disappointed in Lewis whining, it's not as bad as Rosberg's but it's getting there. Just plan your race, drive to your ability and stop whining.

Last edited by solstice; 05-27-2014 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 07:58 PM   #93
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
LOL!!!
Stumbled on this at youtube~

06-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #94
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pending...

^^^^

"Let me through--I know what I'm doing!!!"
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2014, 08:15 AM   #95
RllyDrvrIX
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 X5

There was a gate last time I was here!!!!
Appreciate 0