E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > warhammer online?

09-25-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
Cyruz
Captain
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
warhammer online?

anyone get it yet? how is it?

my zenfolio photo gallery
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Yep. Been playing it for a few days now.

Basically, its all about the PVP in this game. You can level through pvp (xp granted per kill) and by doing scenarios where you get bonus xp from winning. You can also get all of your itemization through pvp while leveling up. Dead players can drop loot from the item generated world loot tables. And you can buy pvp gear all while leveling up. I think the key lower levels for new gear sets are 4, 8, 14, 19.

The game is very balanced and the pvp is fun as long as your not stuck in a scenario (BG) against a team full of poeple 6-8 levels above you. Which is typical whenever you exit a teir and enter a new tier just like in WoW.

The rank (level) cap is 40. But there is also a pvp rank called Renown Rank which caps at 80. The gameplay is fun solo but the game really starts to shine once you get into a group. Group pvp and gameplay is fantastic. I will say though that the game starts out slow. Upon entering the world for the first time pretty much everyone I know has said it was quite lackluster and seemed 'cheap' feeling. Its not the same 'kill 10 mobs for your first level' as in WoW. But the cool thing is that you get a new ability every level and the abilities scale as you level up, so you never have to learn ranks of new abilities. This also means once you reach rank 40 you will have 40+ abilities to keep in check and use on your hotbar. Obviously you won't need all at once since alot of spec dependant but you certainly will still have alot of stuff to keep within arm's reach.

I'll fraps some gameplay tonight if you wish to see it. Or if you have any specific questions shoot away.
      09-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #3
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Class Breakdown by race/faction:

Image attached below.

Classes with a * before the name are not in the game currently. It is unclear at the moment if these classes will be added later or dropped all together.

A few classes overlap with different abilities of classes on the other faction. For example squig herders are ranged dps with pets. White Lions are melee dps with pets. Marauder's are straight up melee dps, where there is no direct comparison for ORDER. But ORDER has the engineer which is straight up RANGED DPS. But he can also set up a turret.

Both factions have a melee dps healer, ranged dps healer, and pure healing classes.
      09-25-2008, 11:54 AM   #4
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Picture attached.
Attached Images