E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > help me decide what to do about my ticket

05-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #1
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

help me decide what to do about my ticket

so i got a speeding ticket last week. but honestly im kind of confused.

I was going down a road with hills and i saw headlights about a quarter mile behind me. The road goes up and down so i dont see the car behind me as im coming down a hill. Then i noticed this car was going really fast up the second hill so i slowed down and it was a copper. He was really nice actually and told me i was going double the limit. He took my registration and came back with a ticket. $280 5 points. going 60 in a 30. he said he was being generous about me going 60.

what i dont understand is :
-my V1 didnt beep once. didnt even make a sound (usually will even after i get hit by a laser)
- was the cop pacing me?
-i am going to court regardless becuase 5 points is but
-should i fight it in court and say he didnt get my speed? or
-should i just be nice and admit to the speed and ask for a reduced violation (3 point etc)

edit: this is my first moving violation.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
just by showing up they'll reduce the offense
+1.

you could try to contest it in court. from what i understand, if the cop doesn't show up or submit his own written explanation then you win. but that entire process takes forever.

i would just go to court, admit guilt and get the fine reduced.

not sure if you even qualify for traffic school when you go double the speed limit.

what's weird about the situation you described is that i don't see how he could be pacing you. if he was hiding in a bush somewhere then your V1 should've picked that up and plus he would've stopped you a while back.