E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography > Sony QX10/QX100

09-25-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
Teshi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Blue/Usually full of camera ge

Sony QX10/QX100

Anyone been keeping up on these? I think as a product its really unique but at the same time, comparing the cameras in phones today, a little OTT.

Saying that, im currently testing the QX10 in more depth and its odd that I think it works from a creative point of view. As for photography, well technically its point and shoot in a way but i think its a real cool bridge.

Anyone else had a go with one yet?
      09-25-2013, 11:34 PM   #2
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

I've used an rx100 before and the IQ is good for what it is. But since neither cell phone lens camera sensor thing can capture in RAW, i think the potential is limited. Plus it looks bigger than an rx100 and isn't much cheaper than the mark 2 model that has wifi and viewfinder capabilities to let you share on the spot if you so desire.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
Teshi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Blue/Usually full of camera ge

I think the whole RAW situation is useless if you are mobile. I dont see the need for it for the majority of the time. Take instagram for example, it has grown very quickly from simple snap shots.

The QX10 is a lot cheaper than any of the RX100's variants and have basic shooting options but the IQ speaks for itself and includes the same features such as wifi, using your phone as a viewfinder alongside instant photo sharing so in that respect its quite a useful thing to have since its low light hand held captures are actually mighty impressive. I dont think its going to replace anything in my camera bag but even putting it up for daily use, its weird, it works in a strange way.
      09-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
druu
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8

It is a very cool product, but may be not well thought out enough. I kind of wish i would let you use your camera's flash (at least for a fill when it's dark e.g. a bar or something). The second generation of this product might truly be something special though.

The price puts me off, you can almost get an rx100-2 for that price and the actually camera is much more pocketable than this lens sensor thing, and that kind of defeats the purpose having it attach to your phone, especially if the camera already has wifi and there wouldn't be viewfinder lag since you wouldn't be connected through wifi or nfc.
Appreciate 0