E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > GTR v Veyron 12/28

12-30-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
GTR v Veyron 12/28

Dont care if repost or not....ii've got the viral gastro that just ravaged my house

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #2
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

now that is fast. The GTR looked like it had a late launch but still held its own.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Yeah, poor start by the GTR. But props to the guy in the Veyron for lining his car up.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

The GT-R is a SICK car and probably the best car for the money, best value, etc. However, seeing these videos reminds me of the comments section of Youtube arguing about how the GT-R is the better car, better engineered, "Almost" as fast, still goes 200mph, the one they'd rather have, etc, etc, etc. I'd just like to give my humble opinion that the Veyron and GT-R are not even on the same planet in terms of engineering. I love reading the Youtube comments from kids saying they'd still rather have a GT-R. While that opinion is just that, an opinion, may I just say that is absolutely ridiculous.

This is why I love Top Gear...you watch that show and those guys have driven the best cars in the world. They know what they are talking about and all agree the Bugatti is the Concorde of cars, a true engineering marvel that might never be duplicated. Jeremy went so far as to say nothing compares to it...and James, well he can't get over the engineering.

All engineers and those who have heard of physics and aerodynamics understand that 253 mph is so dramatically different than 200mph, they can't even be compared. Even 220mph and 253mph are worlds apart. Each mph at speeds above 200 mph is extremely hard to come by. The fact the thing also runs 10 second quarters at 4,000+ lbs stock is just insane. Then they managed to create an SS version clocking 267mph with fucking air conditioning and winshield wipers.

The Veyron and Veyron SS are by far the most incredible cars man has produced for pure speed in a production car.

Last edited by BayMoWe335; 12-30-2011 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #5
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

12-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #7
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

All things considered that GTR driver was terrible and that's not really that fast of a GTR...

GTRs can and do beat Veyrons...

Yes the Veyrons are much higher quality, much better built but also cost 16x's as much. No one will ever drive 259 mph or even come close to the top speeds that the Veyron was made for... most Veyron owners are grandpas. Don't believe me? Go to the Concourse D' Elegance... point being the Veyron is simply not worth it and is bought by most people to say they have an incredibly expensive car.
      12-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #8
bumere90
Grozniy
United_States
Rep
Drives: Carless

starts at 1:05
      12-31-2011, 01:10 AM   #9
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Haha, I was there that night when those two ran.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 07:45 AM   #10
samchoi604
Colonel
Rep
Drives: black on black

looks like the GTR driver fell asleep
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 08:26 AM   #11
Wolf
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: on hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by samchoi604 View Post
looks like the GTR driver fell asleep
+1
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 09:35 AM   #12
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Different class of cars.

You can make anything "go fast" but its still a different class
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 10:06 AM   #13
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Different class of cars.

You can make anything "go fast" but its still a different class
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 10:21 AM   #14
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

The GT-R is a SICK car and probably the best car for the money, best value, etc. However, seeing these videos reminds me of the comments section of Youtube arguing about how the GT-R is the better car, better engineered, "Almost" as fast, still goes 200mph, the one they'd rather have, etc, etc, etc. I'd just like to give my humble opinion that the Veyron and GT-R are not even on the same planet in terms of engineering. I love reading the Youtube comments from kids saying they'd still rather have a GT-R. While that opinion is just that, an opinion, may I just say that is absolutely ridiculous.

This is why I love Top Gear...you watch that show and those guys have driven the best cars in the world. They know what they are talking about and all agree the Bugatti is the Concorde of cars, a true engineering marvel that might never be duplicated. Jeremy went so far as to say nothing compares to it...and James, well he can't get over the engineering.

All engineers and those who have heard of physics and aerodynamics understand that 253 mph is so dramatically different than 200mph, they can't even be compared. Even 220mph and 253mph are worlds apart. Each mph at speeds above 200 mph is extremely hard to come by. The fact the thing also runs 10 second quarters at 4,000+ lbs stock is just insane. Then they managed to create an SS version clocking 267mph with fucking air conditioning and winshield wipers.

The Veyron and Veyron SS are by far the most incredible cars man has produced for pure speed in a production car.
2009 BMW M3: Current
2011 BMW S1000RR: Current
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2011, 10:42 PM   #15
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
point being the X is simply not worth it
Only those who can never afford something say this

Many say the M isn't worth it.

Why buy a M if an Boss 302 is just as fast?

Why buy a Porsche 911 S when a Cayman S is faster in corners?

Why buy anything if there's always going to be something cheaper thats faster?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #16
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Only those who can never afford something say this

Many say the M isn't worth it.

Why buy a M if an Boss 302 is just as fast?

Why buy a Porsche 911 S when a Cayman S is faster in corners?

Why buy anything if there's always going to be something cheaper thats faster?
So let's use our head here for a second before protecting the golden child of the car world...

No one ever said the car isn't all its meant out to be. It is one of the most well engineered, well built cars that this planet has ever seen. The vehicle doesn't even compare to a GTR, it was fully designed in a laboratory and is hand built. Each one sells for over 1.6 million dollars and and costs a few million to build (according to top gear it costs more to make one than to sell one) even though this is a fact I don't believe purely based on logical business practices but that's beside the point. Subjectively, it is an incredibly ugly car... yes I've seen quite a few in Miami and an Enzo and even a 458 take a dump on it but that's mere personal opinion.

Now getting to the realistic side of things... The idea behind the Veyron was a very solid, incredibly well built vehicle that could go 260 miles an hour safely and in a stable manner. Now, ask yourself... how realistic is that? The answer is not at all... no one will drive this car even close to its top end limits and to me that is a waste. The vehicle's top speed has only been reached in one place on Earth and that is the VW proving grounds in Germany. On the German Autobahn (the fastest legal highway in the entire wold) it is very rare to hit speeds of 200 MPH or even a mile above that due to congestion and traffic. You know what's even funnier? A veyron has never been around the Nurgburgring nor is there any sort of record set by one... You know what's funnier than that? A veyron ss (the 1200 HP version beat a stock Nissan gtr by one second on the top gear test track) lol. At that point, a veyron becomes a much less attractive car... you say that u'd like to have a Veyron and so would everyone else but you would never be able to use it. This my friend is why the 1/4 mile is a much more realistic check of real world performance and if I may point out there are GTR's that will dust veyrons for less than 1/10th the price. Go check out the fact sheets on all Veyron owners and see their average age, how they drive their cars and if any of them have ever driven the car above 150 or even close... There was a guy in texas that drove one into a like at 50 MPH... that is your typical veyron owner.

Oh, and you say can't afford... You're right I can't and probably will never be able to afford a Veyron but I can afford a GTR (and that will be my next car) and an M3 at the same time (but I prefer to invest my money into modding the GTR)

This article may give you and I hope many others something to think about;

http://jalopnik.com/5449046/veyron-o...travel-cheaper

Yeah, like I said the car has almost no purpose other than bragging rights.

Last edited by Q4P; 01-01-2012 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
So let's use our head here for a second before protecting the golden child of the car world...

No one ever said the car isn't all its meant out to be. It is one of the most well engineered, well built cars that this planet has ever seen. The vehicle doesn't even compare to a GTR, it was fully designed in a laboratory and is hand built. Each one sells for over 1.6 million dollars and and costs a few million to build (according to top gear it costs more to make one than to sell one) even though this is a fact I don't believe purely based on logical business practices but that's beside the point. Subjectively, it is an incredibly ugly car... yes I've seen quite a few in Miami and an Enzo and even a 458 take a dump on it but that's mere personal opinion.

Now getting to the realistic side of things... The idea behind the Veyron was a very solid, incredibly well built vehicle that could go 260 miles an hour safely and in a stable manner. Now, ask yourself... how realistic is that? The answer is not at all... no one will drive this car even close to its top end limits and to me that is a waste. The vehicle's top speed has only been reached in one place on Earth and that is the VW proving grounds in Germany. On the German Autobahn (the fastest legal highway in the entire wold) it is very rare to hit speeds of 200 MPH or even a mile above that due to congestion and traffic. You know what's even funnier? A veyron has never been around the Nurgburgring nor is there any sort of record set by one... You know what's funnier than that? A veyron ss (the 1200 HP version beat a stock Nissan gtr by one second on the top gear test track) lol. At that point, a veyron becomes a much less attractive car... you say that u'd like to have a Veyron and so would everyone else but you would never be able to use it. This my friend is why the 1/4 mile is a much more realistic check of real world performance and if I may point out there are GTR's that will dust veyrons for less than 1/10th the price. Go check out the fact sheets on all Veyron owners and see their average age, how they drive their cars and if any of them have ever driven the car above 150 or even close... There was a guy in texas that drove one into a like at 50 MPH... that is your typical veyron owner.

Oh, and you say can't afford... You're right I can't and probably will never be able to afford a Veyron but I can afford a GTR (and that will be my next car) and an M3 at the same time (but I prefer to invest my money into modding the GTR)

This article may give you and I hope many others something to think about;

http://jalopnik.com/5449046/veyron-o...travel-cheaper

Yeah, like I said the car has almost no purpose other than bragging rights.
Have fun with your GT-R, Please leave the BMW forum now.

Actually, considering you really only care about how "usable" the car, the gt-r isn't for you, considering it will be broken 95% of the time.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #18
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have fun with your GT-R, Please leave the BMW forum now.

Actually, considering you really only care about how "usable" the car, the gt-r isn't for you, considering it will be broken 95% of the time.
See, by that answer I already know your age...

Nowhere did I put down the Veyron for its capabilities... I am saying however that it is a car with very little point and almost no rhyme and reason. You can't really dispute much of anything I said and the qualities that make a Veyron great make it very hard to defend.

Oh and as far as the GTR reliability comment... that's quite alright because for the price of the turtle lookalike; I'll have 10 backups in the garage.
      01-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #19
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

On the topic of reliability, there's really no point to this conversation at all. These cars aren't daily drivers.

The veyron is going to need new tires just as often as the gTr is in for service anyway.

But at least when the gtr breaks there's warranty. When tires go on veyron, you're out of pocket.

Now please stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Feels like a civic forum surrounded by 16 year olds with everyone argues over meaninless shit.

Last edited by The1; 01-01-2012 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 12:54 PM   #20
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep

Quote:
See, by that answer I already know your age...

Nowhere did I put down the Veyron for its capabilities... I am saying however that it is a car with very little point and almost no rhyme and reason. You can't really dispute much of anything I said and the qualities that make a Veyron great make it very hard to defend.

Oh and as far as the GTR reliability comment... that's quite alright because for the price of the turtle lookalike; I'll have 10 backups in the garage.
Please tell me my age, As It seems we drive the same cars, guessing you paid for yourself we are making around the same money. So please make yourself look bad.

The GT-R warranty is a joke, you can't even use "launch control" on the car without voiding it.

The Nissans guys on there forum "estimate" on running cost of Gt-R's is a 1/3 of the MSRP of the car.

Also the Gt-R is one of the ugliest car's on the road, its bulky and ick. Looks worst the the 135s
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Please tell me my age, As It seems we drive the same cars, guessing you paid for yourself we are making around the same money. So please make yourself look bad.

The GT-R warranty is a joke, you can't even use "launch control" on the car without voiding it.

The Nissans guys on there forum "estimate" on running cost of Gt-R's is a 1/3 of the MSRP of the car.

Also the Gt-R is one of the ugliest car's on the road, its bulky and ick. Looks worst the the 135s
I'm pretty sure Nissan changed the no launch control, no warranty policy. Now, you can do it but the computer prohibits you from doing it "too much."
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

Quote:

a stock gtr is just as reliable as any bmw. trust me, it is. i own a gtr, therefore i am much more qualified to spout off facts than your "facts". where the reliability stops is when you modify it. becomes a really expensive car then. but then again, find me a car that's reliable when modified for high HP. better yet...think a veyron is reliable or cheap to operate? no way! case in point, you gotta pay to play, and if you're worried about a warranty, then a frumpy stock bmw is for you. the rest of your BS is opinion. btw, launch control was NEVER deprogrammed from the software, there have just been different versions (LC1, LC2, LC3).
Appreciate 0