E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Single v. Relationship

07-07-2006, 04:09 PM   #45
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I never think about being single. If if you're in a relationship and you're thinking about being single then you need to fix/change something or get out.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 04:12 PM   #46
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
then you need to fix/change something
That is generally all that is required to alter the dynamic in a relationship. People run into problems when they fail to address/identify the problem, thus, causing destructive rifts in the fabric of the relationship.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #47
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Yeah, my boyfriend and I have been through so much in 4 years and we would never be together now if we didn't talk to each other, tell each other what's on our minds, and change things about ourselves so that we could be happy together. You can't be selfish in a relationship if it is going to work, but you can't allow yourself to be walked on. It's a delicate balance.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 04:15 PM   #48
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 325i titanium silver spk

Quote:
Originally Posted by parachute
4) If you're on this forum it means that you own a BMW therefore you chances of getting laid are higher than someone who drives a toyota.

On a serious note though, i didnt mean it like I cant get laid, that is really not the problem. the thing is I broke up w/ my girl and wondering if I did the right thing. She's a keeper, I'm just confused right now. Enjoying my first days as a single man, but scared of what the future might bring.
You did the right thing.

You only have a few years to have fun. You have the rest of your life to be in serious relationship.

The more choices you have the easier it will be to find the right girl.
      07-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #49
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
Yeah, my boyfriend and I have been through so much in 4 years and we would never be together now if we didn't talk to each other, tell each other what's on our minds, and change things about ourselves so that we could be happy together. You can't be selfish in a relationship if it is going to work, but you can't allow yourself to be walked on. It's a delicate balance.
Spoken with maturity! Good girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve29
You did the right thing.

Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we???? He hasn't even explained why they broke up. His decision could have been made in haste. You sound like the cynic I used to be.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #50
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan
Spoken with maturity! Good girl.

Jumping the gun a bit, aren't we???? He hasn't even explained why they broke up. His decision could have been made in haste. You sound like the cynic I used to be.

All I'm doing is encouraging the poor guy. If it doesn't work out with this girl he'll find another one. All I'm saying is that the older you get the easier it gets to find a girl, simply because he will have more to choose from.
      07-07-2006, 05:05 PM   #51
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

By the way if you want my advice, get a nice rich girl who doesn't talk much.

A girl's worst enemy is time, the older they get the uglier they become. Girls don't age well, they are like milk they have an expiry date. Thats why get a rich girl even if she's ugly it doesn't really matter because eventually they all become ugly. Plus, a good looking girl always comes with a shit attitude.

Patience is the best of virtues.
      07-07-2006, 05:24 PM   #52
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:

A girl's worst enemy is time, the older they get the uglier they become. Girls don't age well, they are like milk they have an expiry date. Thats why get a rich girl even if she's ugly it doesn't really matter because eventually they all become ugly. Plus, a good looking girl always comes with a shit attitude.

You should do stand up comedy bro. Your perspective is so skewed that you'd be a hit. Where can I purchase tickets?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 06:33 PM   #53
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
I feel like this is the right post for me and the right time too.

I'm 22. I've been going out w/ a girl for almost 3yrs. The first yr and a half was amazing, peaches and cream. After that year the magic was lost, but I stayed w/ her cause she's very close to being the perfect one ( a keeper, very sexy, cute, wants to marry me, etc).
About a month ago we broke up.

After that 1st yr I stopped being faithful. a big part of it is because I feel young and also, and not to be egocentric, is because no girl has ever rejected me. I always felt like I could get whoever I wanted. So I really want to take advantage of that while I'm young, but at the same time I'm very afraid to let go the best thing that could happen to me.

I know I shouldnt listen to anyone about this, but i need to know what u guys think from ur experiences!
Where do you see yourself with this girl? Do you see marriage and maybe kids down the road? You have to ask yourself if this is someone that you could develope your relationship into something more than just girlfriend/boyfriend or just dating. The thrill of getting girls will only get old and soon you realize that there is more to life than one night stands and bouncing from one girl to another. Be sure of what you want! You are at an age where life can be really fun and you need to think about what you want for yourself until the time is ready for you to eventually settle down or not. Some people never get married. As far as magic being lost, even married couples can lose the magic and must find ways to ignite the spark again. Its a commitment to each other for better and worse. Good luck!
      07-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #54
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:

ahahhah....dude that was indeed funny.

Although I would agree with you in the most general way, in that looks do fade for most everyone. So...I would think that it would push you to think that maybe you should be looking at what makes up the person, their values, personality, morals, etc...so that when the looks do age...they are still the right person for you.

But...hey, if money is all you care about...more power to you. You can easily trade in the ol jalopy in for latest model....

I just hope you have money...or you might be traded in as well someday.
      07-07-2006, 06:35 PM   #55
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:

Or you could never get married and just keep dating 18 year olds.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #56
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
You're so right.

There is an Italian expression that says "meglio solo che mal accompagniatto"
meaning its better to be alone than in bad company. If you're with the right girl you're flying, if you're with the wrong girl you're fucked.

For some reason after you get into a relationship with a girl she seems to forget how to have sex. You pretty much have to give up on sex.

These days a relationship is not worth it. There's so much stuff to do now that having a girlfriend is big waste of time.

Plus, girls are more independent nowadays than they use to be, therefore you can always find a girl to go watch a movie or go to dinner with.

Stay single enjoy life.

Remember once you get married you stop living you just exist.
I tell you what, getting married will always have the ups and downs like every relationship but to say that you stop living and just exist is I have a 4 y/o daughter that makes me so happy and that is living!
      07-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #57
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
do guys think I'm getting old for this (22). I mean, will I find another good one or even better in the future; or will I get old and eventually settle for less than what I had?
You are hardly old and yes you will come across another. When?
      07-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #58
parachute
parachute
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2011 335i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
thanks a lot for the advice Asiann.
I'm gonna give it a little time, since we only agreed to stop talking to each other 2 days ago.
I'm gonna give it a week and see how I feel about it.
She's a really good girl, and I see myself having kids w/ her, but lately I feel that I dont wanna be around her more than a couple hrs, or i want my own privacy and on top of that I check out every cute girl in sight!
idk
I'll see how I feel about it in a week and then decide i guess.

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #59
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I'm gonna give it a little time, since we only agreed to stop talking to each other 2 days ago.
She's a really good girl, and I see myself having kids w/ her, but lately I feel that I dont wanna be around her more than a couple hrs, or i want my own privacy and on top of that I check out every cute girl in sight!
idk
How long did you two date (..forgive me if this has already been stated)? What is your definition of privacy? Maybe there is a lack of communication between the two of you. Have you ever considered that? Good communication is a learned ability; it doesn't always come natural to people. You're going to run into similar issues regardless of who you date. If that's all that it takes for you to consider a relationship unworthy of continuance, you're going to be alone forever. Everybody has experienced those same (or similiar) feelings at some point in their relationships (..assuming the relationship lasted longer than the infatuation period).

Also, noticing other good looking people is normal. There are always going to be good looking people in the world. There is a difference between noticing a good looking person while you're with your woman, and ogling. Ogling is downright rude, and such an act shows no consideration for the significant other standing next to you.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2006, 08:12 PM   #60
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
idk
Give yourself some space and see if that will make things better. Even married people need some time apart. Yeah, looking is normal and part of being human.
      07-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #61
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Crimson Red

Why do people feel the need to be in relationships? Is our self-esteem so low that we have to have someone to validate it for us?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 12:09 AM   #62
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

heed the dark side and thy shalt realize its better than being single or in a relationship

07-08-2006, 12:41 AM   #63
HappyG
Major
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i / 6SP

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
We all know the famous line of Scarface...money, power, women. I think it applies more to our current society and it's ways then any other era. Maybe except the Greeks.

Keepers are keepers, but even they need to be thrown away sometimes. Don't settle for something if you have to convince yourself that it's not worth losing. You should be thinking, "I can't and don't want to lose it."

Women come and go, but your integrity and selfworth stay with you forever.
________
buy iolite vaporizer
________
BMW R1100RT
________
herbalAire vaporizers
________
Ford Ex
________
AnnyAngel

Last edited by HappyG; 05-17-2011 at 02:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 12:52 AM   #64
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta
Why do people feel the need to be in relationships? Is our self-esteem so low that we have to have someone to validate it for us?
Some people need a sense of security that comes with having someone in your life. Besides you want to be single forever? There does come a time and for some it can be early, later or never!
      07-08-2006, 01:04 PM   #65
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aapriadi
heed the dark side and thy shalt realize its better than being single or in a relationship

....cause an entree is no good without something on the side.

**Imperial March Playing**
      07-08-2006, 02:03 PM   #66
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta
When i was younger, i was always so scared to break off a relationship even though it wasnt working, and the reason was due to the fact that i was scared of being bored/alone. I felt like, ok if we end it.. what am i gonna do on those nights that i spent w/ him? So id stick it out, that way i wasnt lonely. Its pretty stupid, and im glad i dont think like that now. When my X and i broke up, i started to take classes at the gym during the times that we'd be together. That way i wasnt at home twiddling my thumbs wishing that we were still together.