E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Rules for the Non Military

07-09-2006, 02:11 PM   #1
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Rules for the Non Military

Should've put this on the lighter side!

Rules for the Non Military (or Military in civvies(?))

Dear Civilians, "We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation has many civilians up in arms and excited to join the military. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:

1. The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their ass.

2.When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their ass.

3. Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a d isabled veteran kicks their ass.

4. (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs) or Jungle Fatigues, telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.

5. Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do you fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt).

6. If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military', inform them of their mistake---and kick their ass.

7. Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her---of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.

8. Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans, and we all bleed the same, regardless of our party affiliation. Our Chain of Command is to include our Commander-In-Chief (CinC). The President (for those who didn't know) is our CinC regardless of political party. We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your ass kicked!

9. 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me---stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!

10. Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commies!' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me---if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass!

11. 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), 'Puddle Jumpers' (Coast Guard), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your ass kicked.

12. Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Thanksgiving and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of soldiers, sailors, marines and airmen far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get it's ass kicked."

"It is the Veteran, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.

"It is the Veteran, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

It is the Veteran, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.

"It is the Military who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

(Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your ass!) :-) "If you can read this, thank a teacher" If you are reading it in English, thank a Veteran "

I will add one more:

13. If you ever see anyone either standing for or singing the national anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR ASS - OR CALL ME AND I WILL KICK THEIR ASS!!!!
      07-09-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Crimson Red

oo-rah! Umm..that's a lot of ass-kicking though.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 04:03 PM   #3
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

I only liked number 13.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #4
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta
oo-rah! Umm..that's a lot of ass-kicking though.
Hooah! That's the American way!
      07-09-2006, 04:05 PM   #5
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I only liked number 13.
Me too
      07-09-2006, 05:38 PM   #6
jcase33
Obsessive
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
13. If you ever see anyone either standing for or singing the national anthem in Spanish - KICK THEIR ASS - OR CALL ME AND I WILL KICK THEIR ASS!!!!
:rocks:

I was just thinking about this the other day when I was calling my banks 1-800#. Anyone else finding this annoying? Any place you call you hear the same thing.

"For english, please press one, para el espaņol, presione por favor dos."
      07-09-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase33

I was just thinking about this the other day when I was calling my banks 1-800#. Anyone else finding this annoying? Any place you call you hear the same thing.

That dosn't bother me. There are a significant number of people that speak spanish in the United States and if a company wants to make sure thatthose spanish speaker have excellent customer service then I am all for it.

I used to be stationed in Japan and I always enjoyed it when I was able to call a company or go into a store and speak with them in English. Off course I did my best to learn as much Japanese as I could but the businesses thatdid that always recieved my Yen.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #8
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase33

That doesn't really bother me either...now if they suddenly had SPANISH as one...then I might have a problem.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 08:49 PM   #9
jcase33
Obsessive
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta

That dosn't bother me. There are a significant number of people that speak spanish in the United States and if a company wants to make sure thatthose spanish speaker have excellent customer service then I am all for it.

I used to be stationed in Japan and I always enjoyed it when I was able to call a company or go into a store and speak with them in English. Off course I did my best to learn as much Japanese as I could but the businesses thatdid that always recieved my Yen.

I guess I see it different. I see it as enabling the majority of spanish speaking people who can't be bothered to learn the langauge of our country. I see this first hand because I own a business in a mainly Hispanic community. Comparing your experience in Japan is a far cry from the situation we are faced now in the United States.

Cheers
      07-09-2006, 11:39 PM   #10
bostoniant
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Best way to support our troops? Bring 'em home.

If English becomes our national language (which I think should be), then there's nothing wrong with requiring a proficiency in English for citizens and permanent residents. But, unless and until English is an official language of America, I see nothing wrong with different tongues pledging allegiance to ONE flag and ONE nation. It would be a different story if the Spanish version was like "hooray for mexico" or "hooray for illegal immigration", but it's not. It's about OUR nation, and our collective people, be it hispanic americans, asian americans, anglo americans, and yes, even french americans.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #11
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoniant
Best way to support our troops? Bring 'em home.

If English becomes our national language (which I think should be), then there's nothing wrong with requiring a proficiency in English for citizens and permanent residents. But, unless and until English is an official language of America, I see nothing wrong with different tongues pledging allegiance to ONE flag and ONE nation. It would be a different story if the Spanish version was like "hooray for mexico" or "hooray for illegal immigration", but it's not. It's about OUR nation, and our collective people, be it hispanic americans, asian americans, anglo americans, and yes, even french americans.
Didn't they change the lyrics?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #12
bostoniant
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Didn't they change the lyrics?
well yeah, you can't translate a song into verbatim and make it sound good. it's never been done, between any languages. the substance is the same though.

From NPR's translation:

Verse 1
It's sunrise. Do you see by the light of the dawn
What we proudly hailed last nightfall?
Its stars, its stripes
yesterday streamed
above fierce combat
a symbol of victory
the glory of battle, the march toward liberty.
Throughout the night, they proclaimed: "We will defend it!"

Chorus
Tell me! Does its starry beauty still wave
above the land of the free,
the sacred flag?

Verse 2
Its stars, its stripes,
Liberty, we are the same.
We are brothers in our anthem.
In fierce combat, a symbol of victory
the glory of battle,
(My people fight on)
the march toward liberty.
(The time has come to break the chains.)
Throughout the night they proclaimed: "We will defend it!"
Tell me! Does its starry beauty still wave
above the land of the free,
the sacred flag?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 12:06 AM   #13
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep

Interesting version. I bet it's a hell of a lot easier to sing.
Appreciate 0