E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Interior Parts > FS: Electronic Performance Steering Wheel V1 $800 Shipped

03-03-2015, 11:31 PM   #1
chadrandom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive

Post FS: Electronic Performance Steering Wheel V1 $800 Shipped

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Or Best Offer
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
Hey everyone,

I'm offering up for sale my electronic performance steering wheel V1. It is USED, in what I would call "very good" condition. To be clear, it is NOT "like new", and in my own personal opinion it's not in "excellent" condition either. I'm a pretty particular guy, and if I bought this wheel under either of those descriptions, I would be disappointed, so I'm doing my very best to be very clear about this up front.

In more detail, here's the story in full disclosure: I purchased this wheel on this forum from someone who had put a lot of miles on the wheel. The Alcantara and leather were fairly matted down, a bit oily, and a bit dirty all over. I bought the wheel with intent to strip all of the materials and re-wrap the wheel in a custom configuration. However, in the end I decided to go with another custom option, and decided to have this wheel cleaned up for sale. So I sent this wheel to JPM Coachworks in Atlanta, a shop which does great custom interior work. JPM cleaned the wheel using cleaner designed specifically for Alcantara, and the results are pretty fantastic.

Kudos to JPM for revitalizing this wheel exceptionally. The Alcantara is not perfect, but it's very good - not matted down, very soft, and not oily to the touch at all in my experience.

The white cross-stitching looks great from the distance of the passenger seat, but when you're in the driver's seat you can see that it is a bit dirty. It's not disgustingly dirty, but it's not perfect either.

The leather is clean, however it does have a very small dent, and a very small scuff on the bottom and top respectively, and it does have a shiny finish to it in the way that leather which has soaked up oil from hands has. This is very common for used wheels; I don't mean to be describing anything irregular for a used wheel. Depending on how much of a stickler for detail you are, you may or may not notice anything wrong with the leather. If you are a stickler for detail, and you want the leather perfect, I'm confident that Leather Doctor help you to have the leather in "like new" or "excellent" shape with some research on pH balances, one of their kits, and the elbow grease to recondition it. Or maybe you can send it in to them and have them do it for a fee; I'm not sure.

So, with all that said, that's why the price is $800. If the wheel were "like new" or "excellent" I'd be asking $950. The V1 wheel has become a rare performance accessory since and it is no longer available anywhere new, and most who have it aren't interested in selling it. For some it's actually more desirable to many than the V2. But I imagine there will be a stark contrast of people who desperately want to buy a V1 while the opportunity still exists, and others who think that it's old hat and a waste of time and money. To each his/her own.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading my long winded, but as completely honest and up front as possible post. If you would like more pics than I have attached, feel free to reach out. I'll do the best I can with my phone.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/718978...7651150571581/

Thanks all,

Chad

Last edited by chadrandom; 03-17-2015 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: Additional details
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 03:34 PM   #2
chadrandom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 12:03 AM   #3
mikereeze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 16 428i

good seller just got the zhp knob!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2015, 01:04 AM   #4
chadrandom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereeze View Post
good seller just got the zhp knob!
Thanks Mike; I appreciate that. Enjoy the ZHP Knob!
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2015, 06:44 PM   #5
chadrandom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

sold
Appreciate 0