E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lease up end of decemeber, may be leaving bmw

11-21-2012, 12:59 PM   #1
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

Lease up end of decemeber, may be leaving bmw

Lease is up at the end of decemeber, was thinking about buying it out but it's a lot of money that I don't really have right now. Then i looked into leasing something new (2013 5.0, used m3 or c63) but with my credit situation it doesnt look like im going to be getting a great deal there either. I was thinking about getting into something fairly cheap for the next few years save some money get my credit up for the when the m4 comes out

I've looked at other threads and the most popular options seem to be the s2000, e36 m3, e46 m3, miata , and the sti
found a a few options, really trying to keep it under 15k but if a really great deal becomes available for a little more i might have to bite.

i found an s2000 that looks to be a good deal, im just not 100% in love with the looks and driving around in a rice rocket is something im not sure i can live with
http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/3422747559.html

e36 m3- but the price on these guys seems to be either way to high or the car is just in horrible condition

e46 m3- still alittle costly but would love to get into one of these for the right price

STi- Can't seem to find one I like in my area, and the older models looks pretty dated to me. Still an option though

im pretty much open to any suggestions though

| New: 2018 F80 M3 | Old: 335i / 335is | Instagram: Marcadelic |
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

It didn't make your list, but I just got a 2011 GTI and freakin love it. mk6 is out of your price range but mk5 is within it, and same TSI motor. $2500 k04 turbo kit bolts up and brings it to 366hp 380tq, or just a tune for $600 brings you to 250hp~ 300tq. I recommend at least test driving one if you haven't
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Marcadelic
Instagram: @Marcadelic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
It didn't make your list, but I just got a 2011 GTI and freakin love it. mk6 is out of your price range but mk5 is within it, and same TSI motor. $2500 k04 turbo kit bolts up and brings it to 366hp 380tq, or just a tune for $600 brings you to 250hp~ 300tq. I recommend at least test driving one if you haven't
i know i was looking at the mk5 too but i just dont really like the looks enough.

opinions on a c32/c55 AMG?

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/cto/3346479314.html
http://sarasota.craigslist.org/cto/3415615811.html

| New: 2018 F80 M3 | Old: 335i / 335is | Instagram: Marcadelic |

Last edited by Marcadelic; 11-21-2012 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

C32's are reliable. The engines and transmissions themselves are bulletproof. The engine is hand built (as are all AMG engines) and the transmission itself, from what I've read, is rated for up to 700ft-lb's of torque. Note that this transmission is used in the C32, C55, W211 E55, as well as some of the Chrysler SRT products - including the Jeep SRT-8. edit - I was wrong here. The Jeep uses the A580 from the previous gen W211 platform, my bad.

From what I have read the biggest problems occur specifically with the 2002 model year and potentially early 2003's with the transmissions. Well, the transmission itself wasn't the problem but there was a potential for fluid contamination from the Valeo radiator that could damage the transmission.

Other minor problems may be encountered just like any car. In general mechanical issues do not seem to be the problem with these cars. It's the little electrical demons that are the killer. The common issues you'll see are automatic windows not going up / down, seats stop moving, sunroof not auto moving. All of this can be reset just by undoing the battery for a while and reconnecting it. Sometimes the seat module may need to be replaced for seat issues.

All that said I've had my for 6 months now and absolutely love it. The power is fantastic and the ride quality is great. Haven't had a single mechanical reliability issue but I have had the seat-moving thing happen. A simple battery disconnect & reconnect reset that and corrected the issue.

So in my opinion - Great Cars! If you're going to buy one you might save yourself some trouble and get one that already has bi-xenon HID's installed. And if you ever plan on installing a stereo try to find one without the Bose option. As a point of reference I gave $24,500 for mine with 41,000 miles. I've heard of better deals as well. Keep in mind this car originally retailed for $55k+ too.

Hope that helps!

I didn't write that, pulled it from:

http://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c5...-reliable.html

Beautiful car!
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0