E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim Discussion

11-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #23
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Back on topic. Beat the main story, felt a little empty after it was over.

I'll refrain from spoilers for a few days til other people beat it as well.
UltimateBMW = BoostedB1mmer? Just wondering. I remember way back in the day after beating FFVII, felt like I lost a best friend when it was over. Well, hopefully they DLC is just as good and I'm already looking forward to a 2nd playthough.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #24
HOG4DNR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Back on topic. Beat the main story, felt a little empty after it was over.

I'll refrain from spoilers for a few days til other people beat it as well.

The game just came out. How much sleep did you get last week?
2008 Z4MC #1786/1815 "The Last IB w/ Extended Leather Made" Gone but Not Forgotten

2014 M235i E.Blue Mods in Progress
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 03:12 PM   #25
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
UltimateBMW = BoostedB1mmer? Just wondering. I remember way back in the day after beating FFVII, felt like I lost a best friend when it was over. Well, hopefully they DLC is just as good and I'm already looking forward to a 2nd playthough.
Nah, I'm not him. Check my join date, this has been my user name since day 1.

Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG4DNR View Post
The game just came out. How much sleep did you get last week?
The main campaign was shorter than I thought it'd be, unless I'm just wrong and I'm not done yet. There is certainly other things going on that I haven't done yet. Anyways, I bought the game Saturday night, have 42 hrs played. It's been out a week today. I just played at night when I got home from work. I slept plenty as well.

Last edited by UltimateBMW; 11-18-2011 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #26
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

^ Sounds like you need to do a bunch more side quests....something to do for your 2nd playthough. I'm about 40+ hours into the game and only 1/2 (guessing) though the main story. I've become an archmage and master in the Companions guild and currently working on leveling up smithing/enchating/alchemy to 100.

I have a feeling I'll be near completion of the game this weekend. But that's the beauty of this game, you can play how you feel fit (whether is questing, exploring, crafting, etc.)
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 01:13 PM   #27
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
^ Sounds like you need to do a bunch more side quests....something to do for your 2nd playthough. I'm about 40+ hours into the game and only 1/2 (guessing) though the main story. I've become an archmage and master in the Companions guild and currently working on leveling up smithing/enchating/alchemy to 100.

I have a feeling I'll be near completion of the game this weekend. But that's the beauty of this game, you can play how you feel fit (whether is questing, exploring, crafting, etc.)
  • finished first quest of Mage's Guild and a side quest; it's cool how some of the characters overlap. One the NPCs was like "How are things from the Thieve's Guild and then his tone switched when I activated the side quest and he treated me like a stranger. lol"
  • completed Companions, Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild. Dark Brotherhood was the least fleshed out IMO. A little disappointed. Companions and Thieves Guild were good.
  • thane of White Run; thane of Solitude. Moving is a bitch. I was really happy with my cozy home in White Run--knew the city like the back of my hand. But the place in Solitude is--Damn! Made multiple trips to bring my best loot over.
  • joined Empire, killed Ulfric--quite anticlimactic lmao...all dialogue options still assume he's alive w/ other NPCs...

I thought the Ulfric was part of the main quest so I'm happy that I barely started the actual main quest--just got situated in the Riverwood Inn and spoke with the owner if you know what I mean

With Oblivion I beat the main quest really early and I regretted so this time I am trying to accomplish as much as I'd like before I start and I am enjoying it a lot more. After Companions, I discovered a lot more locations and I think I read a book in some dungeon/cave that marked a lot of places on the map too.

Wish there were more Daedra hearts.

--

Also I found a few glitches with the Mannequins. I equipped the Mannequin in Brotherhood Sanctuary with a Daedric armor...now it respawns the armor.

Same with Solitude..both Mannequins respawn Dragonplate Shield and Daedric helmet. It's a bit random to be honest. It has nothing to do with the order with which you put items in. The Mannequin seems to just pick one or two items it really likes and just respawns it and equips it every time you enter your home...

So I guess, unless they patched it, be careful what you put into the Mannequin cause it may start duplicating your items. It won't duplicate it fully either. If you put a legendary/flawless item in, it will duplicate a regular version of the item.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #28
HOG4DNR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Need Help

I'm doing the Horn of Jurgen quest and I can not get past these three gates.

They have 3 stones that glow when activated and each raise a gate. When you step near them they glow and a gate raises, but when you step away they stop glowing. I tried running through but that doesn't work.

Also every once in awhile when I step away a stone will stay lit and the gate will stay up (), but I can not get all 3 stones lit.

Any ideas, I need your help.

TIA
2008 Z4MC #1786/1815 "The Last IB w/ Extended Leather Made" Gone but Not Forgotten

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 05:08 PM   #29
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG4DNR View Post
I'm doing the Horn of Jurgen quest and I can not get past these three gates.

They have 3 stones that glow when activated and each raise a gate. When you step near them they glow and a gate raises, but when you step away they stop glowing. I tried running through but that doesn't work.

Also every once in awhile when I step away a stone will stay lit and the gate will stay up (), but I can not get all 3 stones lit.

Any ideas, I need your help.

TIA

Run by them all then use your shout power to sprint across
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 06:50 PM   #30
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

venting really quick

why the hell can my housecarl take blows from dragons and sit in dragon breath, but get hit from behind by a bandit and die

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2011, 07:32 PM   #31
HOG4DNR
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
Run by them all then use your shout power to sprint across

Thank you, I forgot I had that power.

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 12:56 AM   #32
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shazzy04 View Post
venting really quick

why the hell can my housecarl take blows from dragons and sit in dragon breath, but get hit from behind by a bandit and die

Lol. Too true
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #33
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

How many followers can you take with you at once? Just one?

I need some help on Morokei, he's kicking my butt.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 12:04 AM   #34
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
Wish there were more Daedra hearts.
Enthir in the College stocks 2 every day. Pretty easy to get.
      11-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #35
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post

Is that the boss in labyrinthia? Get shock resist.
      11-22-2011, 08:36 AM   #36
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

Game is awesome. Doing a lot of side quests, taking my time with this game. I'm level 19 right now

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #37
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Level 30 now. I'm only about 1/2 though the main quest, just finished the "House Party" part. I'm loving the side quests....my "battle" mage is a Harbringer of the Companions and a Archmage. This game is almost too easy with difficulty maxed out. I'm using a mage "helper" from the college (the Dumner lady) she's decked out in the gear I earned from the Markrath side quests and a chain lightning enchanted staff. If you are a mage.....you must head to Markrath and do the quest there....you get some sick armor at the end and about 1500 gold. My character casts Stone Armor + Frost Cloak then I dual equip some enchanted swords (dawnbringer + another) and go to town! Most enemies drop in 3-5 hits...undead go down in 1-2.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #38
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Lol. Too true
Got myself a dog right now as I usually travel alone after that nonsense

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 12:15 PM   #39
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Enthir in the College stocks 2 every day. Pretty easy to get.
Thanks!!

EDIT:
sigh good old Enthir...he doesn't really remember me from the Thieve's Guild. He was so nice before...now he actin' all shady..

Last edited by jasonn; 11-22-2011 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #40
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Yeah one follower. The HouseCarls are the best from my experience, my fav is the HouseCarl from Solitude. I enchant a random set of armor, ring and necklace with fortify smithing, equip it, and max some daedric armor for legendary + 100% (the 20% smithing from ring/necklace/armoir stacks). So your HouseCarl will be nigh invincible.

Housecarls favor shield + sword so
  1. ring w/ +32 one hand and + XX archery
  2. necklace w/ +32 one hand and + XX archery
  3. enchanted sword with +20 absorb health and +25 absorb stamina.
  4. chest armor is +50 health and +50 stamina
  5. gauntlets is +32 one hand and + XX archery
  6. boots also +32 one hand and forgot the other
  7. no enchantment for helmet till I can find a nice secondary enchantment in addition to archery

You can also summon Lucien LaChance as a semi-follower and then summon a Dremora Lord if you want a team.

I rarely need to unsheathe my weapon. Need I do so, the foe be worthy indeed...

Last edited by jasonn; 11-22-2011 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #41
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
The main campaign was shorter than I thought it'd be
Were u on Novice or?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2011, 10:02 PM   #42
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Were u on Novice or?
It's not that. Just beat it today and was disappointed as well. Lacks the intrigue, suspense, twists, and turns of Oblivion.

No one really to save/protect. No real investment in any characters.

The Guild Quests are much better. Companions and Thieve's Guild had way more story than main quest.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 07:47 AM   #43
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

I just leveled up my butt-rape skill to 58...

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2011, 08:41 AM   #44
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

What class-type are you playing as? That guy sucks, took me a while to kill him. I'm playing as a caster more or less, so I had to position myself behind some rocks in the room to hide from him. When I had my unrelenting force up, I'd hold my shout button and time it so that when I stepped out from behind the rock it hit him so he couldn't nail me with lightning, then I'd cast my lightning at him until I was out of magicka, then I'd hide again...

Kind of lame, but did the trick. Otherwise, I could take two hits of his lightning and I'd die. I suppose the same could work if you're melee, just shout him so he's stunned for a couple, run to him and beat on him a little, then run and hide again when he pops back up. Won't get much damage and takes a while to finally kill him, but it gets the job done. Hope that helps!

Also, I finished the main quest line the other night, and I'm only level 21 I think? Not very high, but I got too involved in the main quest to do any side quest lines. I am into the Companions line now (almost finished I think) and am kind of in the Dark Brotherhood line. Still lots more to do until I am done.