E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > OT: The Official UFC Chat Thread

03-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #2223
EURO-SCHNELL
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Audi TT-RS

Garage List
That Guff doe! Rematch is happening. Odds on Jones getting a finish or not? Both are soo dynamic and equal.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 09:10 PM   #2224
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Seems like a great card. I've had to miss the last few but I've been keeping up with MMA online when I can. Seems like Guss is the clear contender and I would like to see jones/Glover winner fight. Jones wants him to fight Cormier next though who looked impressive as well but the guy wasn't top 10.

Also surprised to hear about TRT development and Belfort pulling out. Props to UFC for making machida the replacement as I think that's an equally dangerous fight. Some good fights coming up.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 12:15 AM   #2225
EURO-SCHNELL
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Hendricks had a war with Lawler... Both got rocked at points. I'd say Hendricks got the worst poignant punishment overall, but he was the rightful victor over the rounds. I had it with the experts at two - two with the fifth decidin the victor. As Hendricks locked it in with a good run to the finish.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 12:39 AM   #2226
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Too bad about Condit getting hurt, would have like to see the outcome if it went into the 3rd round

Wanted RL to win, but it looked like his tank ran empty in the last round and he got caught in the takedown. The way JH looked, I don't think he'll keep the title for long
      03-16-2014, 12:41 AM   #2227
2blu
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive ///M Sport

Curious to see if it'll be a rematch or if they'll give woodley a title shot. Hendricks did not look convincing.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 02:06 AM   #2228
EURO-SCHNELL
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
it was surprising that NEITHER went for the kill when they had rocked the other... Hendricks, just played smart. He didnt want the finish, he wanted the TITLE. And he did what he had to do to get it, not rush in and get caught with a counter KO punch... that we all could see happening if he got reckless. Recognition of the situation is a key in any victory.

He just proved he has the "smarts" to keep the belt.

Shame for Condit, yes. Bum legs all around these days. too soon? lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 12:26 AM   #2229
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Title fight was fun to watch. I had it at 2-2 going into the 5th. JH really turned it on in the fifth. It was obvious that he was trying to slow the fight down when he had RL pinned to the ground but he was just trying to secure the win. I thought both could have finished during the fight. Both were rocked pretty bad.

Woodly looked impressive too. I had him winning that fight even before Condits knee blew.

Was hoping Diego would come through with the win. He always puts on a good fight but it was far from his best performance and Myles has excellent movement. Always managed to avoid the brawls.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 06:05 AM   #2230
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Just watched the Gustafson fight the other day. I think he's earned the shot at the title he was really dominant. DC hasn't earned it just yet but I think he's another big challenge for JJ and poses many problems stylistically. The card was really different without Bruce Buffer and Rogan/Goldberg. I thought Dan Hardy did a great job and will only get better. Has anyone watched TUF Brazil yet? Worth watching?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 02:37 AM   #2231
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Awesome card and heaps of finishes. I skimmed through the prelims which really delivered. I recommend watching them if you can.

Maldonado fight was fun to watch. I love his fighting style, makes me think that's how Rocky Balboa would fight in MMA. His boxing combinations are so fluid and I love his body shots. That was a great fight.

Also saw a brutal flying knee KO finish too. I can't remember by who.

Cb looked really impressive, that's probably the first time I've seen him fight and the guy he beat was being compared to Vitor.

I thought Shogun had the fight in the bag. He had Hendo hurt and was controlling the fight everywhere until he got caught. Hendo landed a couple nasty shots to the back of the head but the 2 before that ultimately finished the fight IMO.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 07:14 AM   #2232
Fifty3bags
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Awesome card and heaps of finishes. I skimmed through the prelims which really delivered. I recommend watching them if you can.

Maldonado fight was fun to watch. I love his fighting style, makes me think that's how Rocky Balboa would fight in MMA. His boxing combinations are so fluid and I love his body shots. That was a great fight.

Also saw a brutal flying knee KO finish too. I can't remember by who.

Cb looked really impressive, that's probably the first time I've seen him fight and the guy he beat was being compared to Vitor.

I thought Shogun had the fight in the bag. He had Hendo hurt and was controlling the fight everywhere until he got caught. Hendo landed a couple nasty shots to the back of the head but the 2 before that ultimately finished the fight IMO.
I used to be more into UFC, but now I just try to keep up with the TUF seasons. I did happen to watch a couple of these fights and it was one of the most entertaining cards I've seen, a lot of finishes. I can't remember the guy's name, but the one that kept grabbing the fence made me mad lol he should've been DQ'd.

CB looked good in his fight, I hadn't seen him fight since he was on TUF. I really thought Hendo was out the first time he got rocked, the second I thought Shogun could have finished it but I never would have thought that Hendo would pull off the win. He was wobbly ever since the end of the first round.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 04:04 AM   #2233
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty3bags View Post
I used to be more into UFC, but now I just try to keep up with the TUF seasons. I did happen to watch a couple of these fights and it was one of the most entertaining cards I've seen, a lot of finishes. I can't remember the guy's name, but the one that kept grabbing the fence made me mad lol he should've been DQ'd.

CB looked good in his fight, I hadn't seen him fight since he was on TUF. I really thought Hendo was out the first time he got rocked, the second I thought Shogun could have finished it but I never would have thought that Hendo would pull off the win. He was wobbly ever since the end of the first round.
I enjoy watching the TUF as well. I haven't been keeping up to date with the latest 2 seasons because I've been busy. They've got a new season coming up with Melendez and Petis which should be good.

I think Hendo got very lucky. I think Vitor has softened up his chin with that head kick. Hope to see both guys fight again soon but I can't see either dethroning J Jones.

Weidman v Machida is postponed too
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 01:20 AM   #2234
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Epic card. All of my picks won except for Barao. I couldn't believe he lost. They are calling it the biggest upset since Silva lost to Weidman. Great performance by TJ though. Not sure how Barao will come back, he seemed too slow maybe from cutting too much weight?

The Cormier fight was good too. But at the end of the day it was a 43yo MW vs a prime HW. Lawler in great form too. Hopes he gets the next shot.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #2235
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

TJ was something like a +500 or +600 underdog. Someone made some mad money on that one : )
      05-26-2014, 08:17 AM   #2236
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man
TJ was something like a +500 or +600 underdog. Someone made some mad money on that one : )
Yep and I lost a lot of money too haha
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #2237
BlackCobra08
King Cobra
Rep
Drives: incoming GTS 4.0

Lawler vs Brown UFC on FOX 12 in July
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 12:17 AM   #2238
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCobra08 View Post
Lawler vs Brown UFC on FOX 12 in July
Who do you think will win?

I can't pick between the 2. Both are in the best form I've seen and both are very aggressive in style.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 06:21 AM   #2239
BlackCobra08
King Cobra
Rep
Drives: incoming GTS 4.0

Quote:

I can't pick between the 2. Both are in the best form I've seen and both are very aggressive in style.
I got Brown, he ate those Erick Silva liver kicks like a champ and put on by far the best fight in recent memory. Although Lawler is tough as nails too.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 02:07 AM   #2240
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCobra08
Quote:

I got Brown, he ate those Erick Silva liver kicks like a champ and put on by far the best fight in recent memory. Although Lawler is tough as nails too.
I wonder what the betting lines will be. Lawler is no.1 contender already so he should be the favourite but probably not by much. I'm not sure if this fight will go the distance.

Belfort replaces Wanderlai too. Apparently Wanderlai refused a drug test... I'm actually more excited for this new matchup. Both have to fight without TRT.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #2241
Welterweight
Major
Rep
Drives: Truck in snow, coupe in summer

Garage List
UFC and Bellator coming to CT in September. Hoping to fight on one of these cards. MMA kicks ass!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #2242
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welterweight
UFC and Bellator coming to CT in September. Hoping to fight on one of these cards. MMA kicks ass!!!!
Is that when both cards will be on the same day same town?

Are you a fighter? What's your name? Assuming 170.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 08:16 PM   #2243
Welterweight
Major
Rep
Drives: Truck in snow, coupe in summer

Garage List
Yes one at Foxwoods and one at Mohegan Sun.....in talks with one of them but I have to win my next fight of course and I am a huge underdog....haha

Yes I fight at Welterweight/170
      06-22-2014, 02:40 AM   #2244
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welterweight
Yes one at Foxwoods and one at Mohegan Sun.....in talks with one of them but I have to win my next fight of course and I am a huge underdog....haha

Yes I fight at Welterweight/170
Good luck What's your name and record? What's your fighting style?
Appreciate 0