E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Double blinking "Euro" hazards only work while engine is running?

04-22-2014, 07:46 AM   #1
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 335i coupe

Double blinking "Euro" hazards only work while engine is running?

Does anyone know how to get the double blinking Euro hazards to work while the engine is off as well? I noticed that the engine has to be running for them to work. In fact, if you turn the engine off while the hazards are on, they immediately switch back to the conventional single blink.

I enabled DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK only - does DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_CRASH allow it to work when the engine is off?
      04-22-2014, 09:06 AM   #2
Andrewe92
enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 lci 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells View Post
Does anyone know how to get the double blinking Euro hazards to work while the engine is off as well? I noticed that the engine has to be running for them to work. In fact, if you turn the engine off while the hazards are on, they immediately switch back to the conventional single blink.

I enabled DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_WARNBLK only - does DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_CRASH allow it to work when the engine is off?
according to multiple coding sheets... "DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_CRASH" will apply double blinkers when you crash haha but anyway yea you are correct it is only when the engine is on. I don't think I have seen anyone accomplish what you are asking about. keep looking!

http://www.bmw-one.com/staff/doc/BMW..._Code_List.pdf
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 09:57 AM   #3
joepcrepairs2
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:

works with engine runing or not running idk why yours dont..

are you sure you enable it it??

is it frm1 or frm2?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:02 AM   #4
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewe92 View Post
anyway yea you are correct it is only when the engine is on. I don't think I have seen anyone accomplish what you are asking about. keep looking![/url]
Interesting, thanks. I went through the FRM thoroughly and couldn't find any other references to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
works with engine runing or not running idk why yours dont..

are you sure you enable it it??

is it frm1 or frm2?
FRM3 with latest firmware on an LCI E93. It's definitely enabled, I did a read out after I finished coding to verify that it had stuck. It only works with the engine on (or maybe just ignition at least).
      04-22-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
joepcrepairs2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Interesting, thanks. I went through the FRM thoroughly and couldn't find any other references to it.

FRM3 with latest firmware on an LCI E93. It's definitely enabled, I did a read out after I finished coding to verify that it had stuck. It only works with the engine on (or maybe just ignition at least).
post a copy of your trc file so I can look aat it
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
joepcrepairs2
Banned
Rep

try enabling
DOPPELBLINKIMPULS_CRASH

and if they still dont work when engine is off

WARNBLK_ENERGY_SAVE_MODE change this value to nicht aktiv
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #7
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Looks like STROMSPAR_WARNBLINKEN might have an impact as well. I'll test it when I have a chance.
      04-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #8
joepcrepairs2
Banned
Rep

today I was coding a 2008 x5 and notice that double blink hazards only stay om while engine runing since car has frm3... I disable the power saving mode and now they work with or without engine running.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 11:35 PM   #9
joepcrepairs2
Banned
Rep

Quote:
today I was coding a 2008 x5 and notice that double blink hazards only stay om while engine runing since car has frm3... I disable the power saving mode and now they work with or without engine running.
this to nicht aktiv

WARNBLK_ENERGY_SAVE_MODE
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:10 AM   #10
dwells
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep

Quote:
this to nicht aktiv

WARNBLK_ENERGY_SAVE_MODE
Good stuff, thanks. Guess it makes sense that it does this by default - prolongs how long the car can keep it's flashers running on the side of the road if it were to break down.
      12-09-2016, 01:36 PM   #11
SteveEvans
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
this to nicht aktiv

WARNBLK_ENERGY_SAVE_MODE
That didn't work for me (2012 LCI E92 M3). Well, to be precise, I get double blink if the key is in; the engine doesn't need to be running.

I'm wondering if WARNBLK_ENERGY_SAVE_AHM being aktiv might be to blame? I shall have to try again.

Steve

Last edited by SteveEvans; 12-09-2016 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #12
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEvans
Quote:
this to nicht aktiv

WARNBLK_ENERGY_SAVE_MODE
That didn't work for me (2012 LCI E92 M3). Well, to be precise, I get double blink if the key is in; the engine doesn't need to be running.

I'm wondering if WARNBLK_ENERGY_SAVE_AHM being aktiv might be to blame? I shall have to try again.

Steve
Set STROMSPAR_WARNBLINKEN to nicht aktiv.