E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > FS: 2007 335i Automatic Sapphire Black

09-17-2023, 10:20 PM   #1
guerve
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

FS: 2007 335i Automatic Sapphire Black

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 1,750.00

Item Interest
Edit: Looks like the heater core has given up the ghost. She's leaking from the middle and I felt moisture on the driver side floor board. Dropping the price and may part-out or donate if there is no interest.

I’m selling my 2007 335i Automatic with approximately 193,000 miles in St Louis. I’ve had this car since 2009 when I bought it from a car dealership with 25,000 miles. Car has been a daily driver until last month when a heater core coolant hose gave up. I have since replaced both heater core hoses, transmission mounts, and engine mounts just this week. However after filling the expansion coolant tank, I found coolant leaking out near the transmission. My best guess is a turbo coolant hose just gave away as well. Most of the cooling system has been replaced in the last year and a half. Fresh radiator, water pump, thermostat, most hoses and o-rings. Car does have waste gate rattle and frequently gives 30ff codes (low boost). Almost all parts are OEM. Aftermarket parts include an aluminum charge pipe from Burger running, VRSF front turbo inlet and a cheap auto zone starter motor.

Recent service history:
This week - transmission mounts, engine mounts, heater core coolant hoses

Two months ago - spark plugs, oil change, new valve cover and gasket (still leaking a little rear corner towards passenger), sway bar end links

Last 2 years - new rotors and pads, radiator, thermostat, water pump, most coolant hoses, accessory belt and pulleys, sway bar bushings

Prior 2 years - fuel injectors (new index 12s), oil filter housing gasket, intake valve cleaning (chemical)

Current issues:

Low boost - car gets a 30ff code when giving more than half throttle. This has become a problem in the last 6 months. Have made adjustments to the rear waste gate actuator arm to hopefully alleviate the issue but no luck. I had rebuilt the waste gate actuator arm and bearings using the Turbo Lab of America kit about 70k miles ago but may need new turbos or intake manifold.

Transmission - Car has the original transmission fluid. Had intended to change the fluid and valve body sleeves and filters but wasn’t able to find the time. No longer advisable to change those items with this many miles without causing it to slip. Shifting between 1st gear and 2nd isn’t great if going super slow but when driving regularly, it shifts fine.

Exterior/ Paint: Overall the paint isn’t good. Hood and front of the roof paint is scratched and oxidized. Front bumper has a bad scuff on the passenger side corner. Likely should be replaced. Car could probably use a respray.

Features: CLEAN TITLE, sport package, premium package, single hump (no i-drive), heated front seats

Upgrades: aluminum charge pipe, M3 front control arms, 335is motor mounts trans mounts set, aluminum “mickey mouse” coolant flange

Gallery:
View post on imgur.com
Feel free to ask questions.

Last edited by guerve; 11-21-2023 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 06:46 PM   #2
CoralRed
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, e36/7, e91 times 2

Do you have an idea how many miles are on the injectors? What’s the condition of the interior?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2023, 11:03 PM   #3
guerve
Rep

The injectors have around 20k miles on them. Here's some photos I took just now of the interior.
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2023, 03:54 PM   #4
guerve
Rep

Updated price

I've dropped the price to $1750. Someone could add a heater core bypass pipe and the car would run fine though without cabin heat. Perhaps someone can turn it into a race car. Going to be parting it out soon if there is no interest.

Last edited by guerve; 11-22-2023 at 02:33 PM..
Appreciate 0