E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Chevy beat BMW to LED "Halo Rings"

03-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #111
ChrisV
7er
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1998 BMW 740iL

Garage List
1998 740iL  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer_tx View Post
Newsong is the one that keeps insinuating that I am so how less intelligent for being in Texas.

If you look at my post, I was saying that many figures for the Camaro were less than even the 135i, and much less than the M3. I think it is pretty evident that the foreign cars are much better in the consumer eye, as the domestic automakers can't even make it without us bailing their failure of a company out of the hole...
You're just trying to come up with excuses to be a narrowminded hater. Why is that such a valuable goal for you?

GM's performance cars aren't the reason for their failure, as they only make up a small portion of the total output. While cars like the Camaro won't save them, they aren't the problem either.

Lots of things are better in the consumer eye. but look at it this way...

Americans love American Idol. Americans overeat. Americans did stupid things with their mortgages. Americans over extended themselves on credit. Americans love reality TV. Americans can't drive. Americans voted for Bush. Americans are considered morons. But let Americans buy a Camry or BMW 135, and they are suddenly mensa candidates and "educated consumers."

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #112
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

ROFL
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #113
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
And what factory upgrade would those be? Post up some kind of proof for your claims instead of just sounding like a butt hurt fanboy.

Just like Nissan will tell you what was on their Nurburgring GT-R...

They make Gm performance cams, coilovers, and a cat back system that is a dealer-op. You can bet your ass that they had that on the car when they made their lap...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:40 PM   #114
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Just like Nissan will tell you what was on their Nurburgring...

They make Gm performance cams, coilovers, and A cat back system that is a dealer-op. You can bet your ass that they had that on the car when they made their lap...
OK do you know anything about the car? HP numbers? The fact that it has an IRS now? How in the world do you not view their times as viable? Give up the ghost man. Stop smoking crack.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #115
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisV View Post
You're just trying to come up with excuses to be a narrowminded hater. Why is that such a valuable goal for you?

GM's performance cars aren't the reason for their failure, as they only make up a small portion of the total output. While cars like the Camaro won't save them, they aren't the problem either.

Lots of things are better in the consumer eye. but look at it this way...

Americans love American Idol. Americans overeat. Americans did stupid things with their mortgages. Americans over extended themselves on credit. Americans love reality TV. Americans can't drive. Americans voted for Bush. Americans are considered morons. But let Americans buy a Camry or BMW 135, and they are suddenly mensa candidates and "educated consumers."
You forgot one key component of business... THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. the domestic automakers need to figure this out, and that's one of the reasons why the domestic automakers can not support themselves...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #116
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Just like Nissan will tell you what was on their Nurburgring GT-R...

They make Gm performance cams, coilovers, and a cat back system that is a dealer-op. You can bet your ass that they had that on the car when they made their lap...

You're pulling that STRAIGHT out of your ass.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:53 PM   #117
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You forgot one key component of business... THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT. the domestic automakers need to figure this out, and that's one of the reasons why the domestic automakers can not support themselves...

If BMW had that figured out we'd have seen a HPFP recall by now, and they wouldn't be forcing these dumbass runflat tires on us with every performance model. Oh...and how about a fucking dipstick?!
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #118
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
You get across like a sore fanboy who is just sad because the Camaro looks much better and is faster. How did you come to the conclusion that they put in their factory upgrades when they did the ring lap?

If they put them in, you can bet your ass that it will be supercar fast.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 05:05 PM   #119
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're pulling that STRAIGHT out of your ass.
They have already confirmed the GM performance parts for the Camaro...

Quote:
If BMW had that figured out we'd have seen a HPFP recall by now, and they wouldn't be forcing these dumbass runflat tires on us with every performance model. Oh...and how about a fucking dipstick?!
Those are relatively small things in comparison to overall design and performance.... Their is a reason why the foreign automakers are able to weather the economic situation better than the domestic automakers, and it is not because they build lesser cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
You get across like a sore fanboy who is just sad because the Camaro looks much better and is faster. How did you come to the conclusion that they put in their factory upgrades when they did the ring lap?

If they put them in, you can bet your ass that it will be supercar fast.
They are going to put all of the factory options that improve performance on the vehicle... It's common sense that they will go as far as possible with factory parts to get that time.

BTW, I could go buy a loaded camaro without having to pay any extra money if I parted out my mods, and then sold the car... But the camaro is ugly as shit, and the interior will suck and look cheap, and will drink gas, will ride like crap, and will sound like crap like 99% of domestic v8's do, etc...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #120
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
They have already confirmed the GM performance parts for the Camaro...

Those are relatively small things in comparison to overall design and performance.... Their is a reason why the foreign automakers are able to weather the economic situation better than the domestic automakers, and it is not because they build lesser cars...

They are going to put all of the factory options that improve performance on the vehicle... It's common sense that they will go as far as possible with factory parts to get that time.

BTW, I could go buy a loaded camaro without having to pay any extra money if I parted out my mods, and then sold the car... But the camaro is ugly as shit, and the interior will suck and look cheap, and will drink gas, will ride like crap, and will sound like crap like 99% of domestic v8's do, etc...
This post oozes ignorance. The interior will suck and look cheap? Like the CTS-V? Like many recent GMs that have received unexpectedly positive feedback about the rise in interior quality?

It will drink gas? Really? GM's small block numbers in consumption are way better than comparable offerings from other companies. That is one thing that they have been doing for years....

And it will sound like crap? Really? GTFO. I hate people like you because you are the reason half the world hates us simply because we own BMW's. Just shut up.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #121
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs down

This is why I hang out on 6SpeedOnline instead of here most of the time.

This messageboard has gone down the shitter.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #122
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But the camaro is ugly as shit, and the interior will suck and look cheap, and will drink gas, will ride like crap, and will sound like crap like 99% of domestic v8's do, etc...

That's almost signature material right there. I can't say that I've ever seen anything more ignorant posted on this forum.

Suck gas? It's EPA rating is 1 MPG less than the 135i. Yeah, that's really sucking it down for a 425Hp engine!

Ride like crap? Not according to every single review out there, and not according to my experience with the previous version of this chassis. Once again you're talking out your ass.

And sound like crap? Get fucking real. The small block V8 is an ICON, and part of the reason for that is the sound.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 05:50 PM   #123
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
This post oozes ignorance. The interior will suck and look cheap? Like the CTS-V? Like many recent GMs that have received unexpectedly positive feedback about the rise in interior quality?
As I have stated in earlier threads, I was actually going to buy an new vette until I went and test drove it... The interior sucked, as usual. It rode like a heavy ass car, and was uncomfortable. I'm not expecting any better from a cheaper GM product, are you?

Quote:
It will drink gas? Really? GM's small block numbers in consumption are way better than comparable offerings from other companies. That is one thing that they have been doing for years....
16mpg in the cities if you drive it like a baby... any aggressive driving and it will go into hummer territory in terms of mpg... the v8 can get good gas mileage on the highway though. I have driven several v8 domestics, and they all really suffered around town...

Quote:
And it will sound like crap? Really? GTFO. I hate people like you because you are the reason half the world hates us simply because we own BMW's. Just shut up.
That's all personal opinion on that one... If you want to tell me my opinion is wrong, then go f*** yourself...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #124
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
This is why I hang out on 6SpeedOnline instead of here most of the time.

This messageboard has gone down the shitter.
Why not go to the ford focus forum?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #125
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Thumbs up

It's a fact that the addition of 1Addicts has pretty much ruined this website.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #126
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
As I have stated in earlier threads, I was actually going to buy an new vette until I went and test drove it... The interior sucked, as usual. It rode like a heavy ass car, and was uncomfortable. I'm not expecting any better from a cheaper GM product, are you?

16mpg in the cities if you drive it like a baby... any aggressive driving and it will go into hummer territory in terms of mpg... the v8 can get good gas mileage on the highway though. I have driven several v8 domestics, and they all really suffered around town...

That's all personal opinion on that one... If you want to tell me my opinion is wrong, then go f*** yourself...
Wow dude. Get the fucking picture. If everyone's telling you that what you're saying is ignorant, it's probably pretty damn ignorant (and it is).
You still have no evidence, no actual proof of the performance upgrades for the claimed lap times. You're inferring judgments about the interior based on your experience with an entirely different car. You say it sounds like crap (idk how anyone could say that). Dude, ignorance.

Oh, and I laughed at the ugly comment. You know where I could take that, but I won't.

[u2b]jLqBAWpcDMw&feature=related[/u2b]
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #127
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Easy now!

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 06:52 PM   #128
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

My 135i gets under 17MPG in the city. My GTO got about the same thing on the exact same commute. PLEASE just shut the fuck up. You've been completely owned every time you've posted in this thread, and only an idiot would keep trying. You're in the wrong and you know it, and you're actling like a child and just making shit up at this point.

How old are you anyway? 20?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #129
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

It seems to me like he really wants Camaro but cannot afford it because he spent all the money he had on the 135i. I mean, most people have something nice to say about it (looks good, great price, great engine, sounds brilliant etc.)*.

*I personally think this car is all of that, fuck this ignorant imbecile.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #130
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It wasn't our choice to join Bimmerpost... Our forum is not half as good as it was since joining this site....
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #131
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It wasn't our choice to join Bimmerpost... Our forum is not half as good as it was since joining this site....

Your contribution sucked then, and it still sucks now.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2009, 08:50 PM   #132
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Quote:
Your contribution sucked then, and it still sucks now.
Lots Of Laughs

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Appreciate 0