E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Should I call cops on a neighborhood driver....?

03-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #23
f30nynj
Chilling
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F25 X3

Write a letter!! Something similar to this one.

http://www.27bslash6.com/halogen.html
2013 F30 -> SOLD
2007 E90 -> SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #24
Greatdane84
Leeeroy Jankins
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
No I haven't used an actual radar. It's just straight obvious. Especially when I'm going 25-30 down the road and I see him about 6 streets back flying up behind me.

Hmm... Sleep with his wife (this was funny besides letting my fiancé read this thread haha)

Speed bumps could be good. There is an association meeting in the next week or so.

"If you're not 1st, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #25
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Don't tell any one...at night just go out with a stick of liquid nails and put the things down.
No one will know other than this guy and kids using it for a sweeeet jump!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #26
Codevo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269
Don't tell any one...at night just go out with a stick of liquid nails and put the things down.
No one will know other than this guy and kids using it for a sweeeet jump!
This
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 04:36 AM   #27
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Now if it's a 30 zone where there aren't any blind drives or kids running around, that's a different story IMO.
He said it was a long road (I'm assuming straight).
Which is why I don't see the big deal.

First World Problems: "the guy over there is driving too fast in front of my lawn"

can we have a picture of said road?
      03-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #28
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
OP
I'm not trying to be an asshole...but have you thought of?
http://www.theparkcatalog.com/speed-...ic-speed-bumps
A friend who had an issue with kids using the street behind his house as their private drag strip used this.
He used nothing more than liquid nails to put it down in middle of the day....any dumb ass willing to this this at 45mph will feel it in their ass!
This is just evil. Im sure someone else would complain and the town or city would come rip them out. Don't think your just allowed to glue something down to the street...

I would just go leave a note on his door, if he doesnt stop. Either spike strips or sleeping with his wife are the only reasonable options. F**k the police! But if your gonna call the police get a home video camera system, mount them facing the street and show them the video. Give them proof!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 01:50 PM   #29
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post

First World Problems: "the guy over there is driving too fast in front of my lawn"

What does it matter that it is a straight road? A six year old can't possibly dart out from behind a car on a straight road? The point everyone is making is that there is a speed limit for a reason OBEY IT! I know I would prefer not to watch a six year old little girl have her head crushed under this idiots tires. "but it was a straight road...."
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 02:12 PM   #30
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Petition the city council for speed bumps
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #31
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92oholic View Post
This is just evil. Im sure someone else would complain and the town or city would come rip them out. Don't think your just allowed to glue something down to the street...!
Actually.....since it's no permananet you can!
Just pick them up use some low end hot glue to stick them down and then watch the poor bastard go airborn!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 02:24 PM   #32
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:

I think you're missing the point of a speed limit in a residential area. It's not to keep cars on the road by ensuring they're operating within their performance envelopes. It's to ensure drivers are keeping their braking distances and reaction times at a reasonable level in case they encounter things common to residential areas, such as pets or kids running into the streets, people backing lazily out of driveways, etc...

Kids getting killed by drivers not obeying safety regulations is not just a first world problem BTW.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #33
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Seriously I would just talk to the guy. If he's reasonable, then it should be settled. If he's not, then sleep with his wife.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #34
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

Or just get the silly $60 speed bumps...it's cool just do it!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #35
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30nynj View Post

This letter and string of emails deserves it's own thread.
      03-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #36
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

When you hear him coming down the road, roll a tennis or wiffle ball out into the street.

If he doesn't get the message, get the video camera out. Show the speeding video to the HOA/cops, and the wife video to us!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 12:57 AM   #37
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwzimm View Post
What does it matter that it is a straight road? A six year old can't possibly dart out from behind a car on a straight road? The point everyone is making is that there is a speed limit for a reason OBEY IT! I know I would prefer not to watch a six year old little girl have her head crushed under this idiots tires. "but it was a straight road...."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I think you're missing the point of a speed limit in a residential area. It's not to keep cars on the road by ensuring they're operating within their performance envelopes. It's to ensure drivers are keeping their braking distances and reaction times at a reasonable level in case they encounter things common to residential areas, such as pets or kids running into the streets, people backing lazily out of driveways, etc...

Kids getting killed by drivers not obeying safety regulations is not just a first world problem BTW.
I'm sure you've never ever been over the speed limit by even 1mph
Model citizens.

No, I know what it is there for, I also know that most likely than not, these speed limits are set based on the crappiest cars they could find (worst brake distance and handling).
All I'm saying is that it isn't a winding road, and cars don't pop out of no where. When I was a kid, I was taught to not play in the road, if something went into the road, call an adult and don't get it yourself. Speed bumps and stop signs are the new parenting I guess. Sitting outside making sure your kids aren't doing dumb shit is over rated when soccer moms can watch the Kardashians instead.
Backing up lazily from a drive way without looking around, well shit man, let's never take the blame for anything anymore. Whether he is speeding or not, if you back out of a drive way without looking where you are going and RAM another car, speeding is not to blame.
OP can't be sure exactly how fast that guy is actually going over the speed limit. Most people tend to over exaggerate. I've seen it happen in lots of neighborhoods where they go up in arms against some dude who's engine might just be loud, or whatever.
      03-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #38
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

I forgot, speed limits and common sense don't apply to those who drive race cars. My bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #39
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue
I forgot, speed limits and common sense don't apply to those who drive race cars. My bad.
Since Comet got his car, he's upped his d-bag quotient in every post. I thought only BMW keys did that.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #40
M3 Gamer
Rep
Drives: M3

Really OP, and you have an M3 and are mad about someone going 15 miles above 30? I don't know how fast that really looks, but someone who drives an M3 or at least is on an M3 forum I have a hard to believing you would be angry about someone driving fast.

But I dunno, my neighbor called me today because my birds were to noisy and I forgot to close the window.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #41
jwzimm
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Quote:
I'm sure you've never ever been over the speed limit by even 1mph
Model citizens.

No, I know what it is there for, I also know that most likely than not, these speed limits are set based on the crappiest cars they could find (worst brake distance and handling).
All I'm saying is that it isn't a winding road, and cars don't pop out of no where. When I was a kid, I was taught to not play in the road, if something went into the road, call an adult and don't get it yourself. Speed bumps and stop signs are the new parenting I guess. Sitting outside making sure your kids aren't doing dumb shit is over rated when soccer moms can watch the Kardashians instead.
Backing up lazily from a drive way without looking around, well shit man, let's never take the blame for anything anymore. Whether he is speeding or not, if you back out of a drive way without looking where you are going and RAM another car, speeding is not to blame.
OP can't be sure exactly how fast that guy is actually going over the speed limit. Most people tend to over exaggerate. I've seen it happen in lots of neighborhoods where they go up in arms against some dude who's engine might just be loud, or whatever.
To tell the truth, no. In 25 and 30 mph zones I obey the speed limits. As I said, all I need to do is imagine that 6 year old's brains splattered across my windshield. Somehow I don't think it will make my own pain and horror go away by saying to that girls parents "Well you should have been watching her better." The point is, is that 2-5 minutes you save by blasting through a residential really worth it?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:07 PM   #42
Greatdane84
Leeeroy Jankins
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 LCI

Garage List
2009 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Gamer
Really OP, and you have an M3 and are mad about someone going 15 miles above 30? I don't know how fast that really looks, but someone who drives an M3 or at least is on an M3 forum I have a hard to believing you would be angry about someone driving fast.

But I dunno, my neighbor called me today because my birds were to noisy and I forgot to close the window.
This is an off-topic forum that shows up under multiple bmw series threads! (Just learned this myself). I'm guessing you have an idevice? Cause I can't see signatures and I'm guessing you can't see mine.

And I don't have an M3! Would be nice but I can't deal with that kind of gas mileage.

"If you're not 1st, you're last" -Ricky Bobby
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #43
e92oholic
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30nynj View Post

haha thats awesome!

1. It's in the letterbox again.
2. Look in the letterbox.
As I realise this probably won't narrow it down much for you, I will give you a third clue in the form of a riddle:
What burns with the light of a thousand suns and is in the letterbox?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 12:41 AM   #44
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Since Comet got his car, he's upped his d-bag quotient in every post. I thought only BMW keys did that.
AWD was so lame, GT3 (even though used) sounds so much more legit
Appreciate 0