E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Ferguson, MS: Wilson vs Brown

12-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #177
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Bosnians are caucasians...

what does slavery have anything to do with anything? Is that why Michael Brown was killed?
Wait a minute, you stated that I have an IQ of a peanut because I didn't know Bosnians are Caucasians?

You also have a pre-conceived notion that I already would have a low IQ. How is that possible when you don't know anything about me other than the fact that I've stated my ethnicity a few times on here?

These are the exact reasons why all these issues arise, you are quick to judge and slow to help. Instead, how about informing a fellow member?
My guesstimation of your low level of intelligence came from the comment you made which had 2 very parts of low intelligence.

A) The assumption that slavery has anything to do with this thread or my link at all. Which if that is truly the belief, I can't help you.

B) Not knowing that Bosnia is a Country in Southern Europe made up of predominantly white people.

I would say those are both valid assumptions of low IQ. No reading between the lines just retorting based on a comment. Either way, no need to argue... lets just read the articles and make our own informed decisions.
      12-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #178
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho
I think his point is that if it was four white teens killing a black man with hammers in front of his wife, they would say it as such and label it a hate crime. Because it was the other way around, the perps are only referred to as "teens" and no possible motive is mentioned or insinuated.
      12-02-2014, 01:27 PM   #179
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I think his point is that if it was four white teens killing a black man with hammers in front of his wife, they would say it as such and label it a hate crime. Because it was the other way around, the perps are only referred to as "teens" and no possible motive is mentioned or insinuated.
I completely understand what he's trying to say, I'm targeting the root cause of his snide comments. It was unnecessary and creates division.

I'd like to hear from him direct, rather than a summary of what you think he's saying. I believe All Lives Matter.

Also, like I stated before, Yellow Journalism is reality. This unfortunate event, will not be as "entertaining".
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 01:33 PM   #180
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My guesstimation of your low level of intelligence came from the comment you made which had 2 very parts of low intelligence.

A) The assumption that slavery has anything to do with this thread or my link at all. Which if that is truly the belief, I can't help you.

B) Not knowing that Bosnia is a Country in Southern Europe made up of predominantly white people.

I would say those are both valid assumptions of low IQ. No reading between the lines just retorting based on a comment. Either way, no need to argue... lets just read the articles and make our own informed decisions.
That's all it takes huh? If you are being 100% serious (considering this is the internet) that is very sad.

I'm dying to say more, but I can tell this will not get anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #181
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Dafuq is a Bostonian? Wait, is this going to make my IQ level go down because I asked a question? (see: fallacious statement)
I was going to answer your question literally, then realized i was going to make myself an idiot.. but I still don't know how to answer your question.. is it rhetorically? we all have different intelligences

Quote:
depends if you're talking about a particular incident or the larger picture.. I think that's whats being confused
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #182
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl
Quote:

That's all it takes huh? If you are being 100% serious (considering this is the internet) that is very sad.

I'm dying to say more, but I can tell this will not get anywhere.
Please do, I am curious what you meant by your initial comment. It wont get us anywhere but perhaps it will offer closure for myself... Don't try to wind around when I ask you what you meant and instead offer an explanation. I think I did, I don't know what else I could say. Did you not read the articles I posted?
      12-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #183
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I firmly believe that all lives matter and I think everyone in this thread agrees with that. However, as an individual, no matter what color your skin is, if you punch a cop in the face and try to grab his gun after strong-arm robbing a convenience store for blunt wraps, you have officially ticked off the box saying you no longer think your life matters. Officer Wilson didn't make that choice, Mike Brown made that choice. He decided, on his own, that he didn't want to go to jail for a crime he knew he just committed.

For those keeping score, Mike brown had committed:
1 robbery
1 assault against the store owner
1 failure to comply
1 assault of an officer

...that was all before Officer Wilson even exited his vehicle.

Officer Wilson then defended himself when he felt (and this was backed up by eye witness accounts) that Mr. Brown was attempting a third assault on him which would have surely caused further bodily harm. His actions were well within the bounds of the law.

Officer Wilson didn't "murder an unarmed black teen", he defended himself from an active criminal in the midst of a series of major crimes.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #184
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Guys, please get back on track or this thread will end up locked. It's been a clean and fruitful discussion up to this point so let's keep it that way.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:00 PM   #185
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I was going to answer your question literally, then realized i was going to make myself an idiot.. but I still don't know how to answer your question.. is it rhetorically? we all have different intelligences

depends if you're talking about a particular incident or the larger picture.. I think that's whats being confused
Haha, I really don't know what a Bostonian is...

Quote:
Please do, I am curious what you meant by your initial comment. It wont get us anywhere but perhaps it will offer closure for myself... Don't try to wind around when I ask you what you meant and instead offer an explanation. I think I did, I don't know what else I could say. Did you not read the articles I posted?
No, it won't offer closure, it's steering this discussion into an unhealthy direction and as @kingofjericho stated, I don't want to be responsible for the thread being locked.

Have a good day sir.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #186
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Haha, I really don't know what a Bostonian is...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bostonian

phew I went out on a limb there...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #187
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
It's a person from Boston, BTW.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #188
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep

That was my assumption! Like Californian

So...let's hear some more comments.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:15 PM   #189
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
I think mine got lost in the mess above...

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #190
e90inAZ
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 S1000RR

Why is it that Officer Wilson will not be receiving severance pay if he was acting within the law defending himself? Purely to appease the public's unrest? Or are there other reasons I am unaware of?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:27 PM   #191
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

I think the "just sayin'" clip nailed it for what "change" needs to come from within the black communities throughout this country. That said, I haven't seen one person in the media labeled as an "activist" for this "cause" even mention taking personal responsibility as a potential catalyst for the "change" and "justice" they so desire.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #192
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90inAZ View Post
Why is it that Officer Wilson will not be receiving severance pay if he was acting within the law defending himself? Purely to appease the public's unrest? Or are there other reasons I am unaware of?
You can't collect severance if you resign.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #193
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Where are the charges against mom and step dad for robbing and beating her former mother in law? How dare she sell Michael Brown t shirts.
Charges for inciting a riot? Let that mother burn.

Awesome couple.
      12-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #194
e90inAZ
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 S1000RR

Quote:
You can't collect severance if you resign.
Interesting...did not know that.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #195
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
I think the "just sayin'" clip nailed it for what "change" needs to come from within the black communities throughout this country. That said, I haven't seen one person in the media labeled as an "activist" for this "cause" even mention taking personal responsibility as a potential catalyst for the "change" and "justice" they so desire.
What would the media stand to gain/lose by being forthright and responsible?
What would the monochromatic and other special interest groups gain/lose by being forthright and responsible?
What would the politicians in this country stand to gain/lose by being forthright and responsible?

None of them have any interest in the truth and accountability. In fact, I'd argue all of them stand much more to gain by staying away from it.

Just feed the ignorant masses what they want to hear and the money/power will roll right in.
Appreciate 1
      12-02-2014, 03:37 PM   #196
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I still dont understand why there is no mass outrage that thousands of blacks are killed at the hands of other blacks every year.

Why arent people burning down buildings in Chicago because young lives are being ended all the time?

Yes this was a police officer instead of a regular citizen, but if "all black lives matter", then why not act more upset at the many, many others who are killed?

What if Brown was shot by a black gang member instead ? Would his life matter less because the bullet didnt come from a police-issued gun ? All black lives matter, but they matter more posthumously if they were ended by a white person ?

White cops are hardly the biggest threat to the safety of the black community. If all lives matter, you could actually save MORE of them by focusing on the biggest problem first.
      12-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #197
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

It's a culture thing. Men in power in the black community use these events to keep their power and try to justify their existence. The political arm also used fear tactics to do the same thing. It's perpetuated by ignorance and a media vested in it as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #198
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Al,

There is a much larger issue that an officer (although of any color, it doesn't matter) shot a suspect (of any color, it still doesn't matter) who had his hands up and was surrendering. I don't believe that was the case here, and I think the GJ proceedings bear that out.

The very fact that Wilson resigned after the GJ decided not to prosecute shows that either
1) Wilson is truly innocent of the accusations and has the interests of the community in his heart, or
2) he is a great con-artist who figured he could just kill a black youth and be set for life on money without ever working again.

I don't know where his money will come from for the rest of his life, whether the money previously raised for his defense will just go into his bank account. I can't imagine ANY police force (except maybe Sheriff Joe) would ever touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Appreciate 0