E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > C63 is going to be a beast

08-23-2007, 07:53 AM   #1
Maximus Decimus
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: people crazy

C63 is going to be a beast

There is a point in the video (4:44 remaining) where they start it up, oh man, sounds like a car of the Gods. I love the looks as well, very transformer like. :tongue:

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
WolfsburgerMitFries
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3er

Sure. But Mercedes thinks the answer to all performance questions ends with slapping a 6.3L V8 into a car...every car, every SUV. You wanna feed a 6.3L V8? be my guest. I personally feel BMWs efficient dynamics strategy is a significantly wizer approach.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #3
Maximus Decimus
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgerMitFries View Post
Sure. But Mercedes thinks the answer to all performance questions ends with slapping a 6.3L V8 into a car...every car, every SUV. You wanna feed a 6.3L V8? be my guest. I personally feel BMWs efficient dynamics strategy is a significantly wizer approach.
In what way is the BMW approach better? Not disagreeing, just playing devils advocate.

It's a 6.2L by the way, that supposedly weighs less than bm's 4L V8. From Top Gear article "according to official weights from BMW and Mercedes, the AMG engine weighs 199kg, compared to 202kg for the M3's four-litre V8. So it's light for its size... It's all down to the influence of Bernd Rammler, the engine's creator. His CV isn't too shoddy - he designed the Porsche Carrera GT's V10, along with many DTM (German Touring Car) engines of the past. A master, is our Bernd... Bernd Schnieder, five-times DTM champion with Mercedes, was on hand to demonstrate just how fast the car would travel around Paul Ricard. Yes, it's fast alright. And having Schnieder there rammed home the point that Mercedes is capable of making a tin-top car lap a track quickly. BMW hasn't dared take on Mercedes in the DTM." But who knows if we're comparing apples and oranges? There's no mention of what's included in those engine weights. I haven't seen anything that suggests it will get worse fuel economy than the M3 if that's what you are comparing it to.

Let's not go into the torque difference cause there's no comparison there, albeit the C63's likely will not be as linear.

As far as dynamics go, they've done more than just slap a big motor in a sloppy package this time. They seem to have taken this car very seriously. From MT 1st drive "Ah, but Euro-sport sedan love means dancing through esses with the chassis sharing its most intimate secrets via the steering wheel. It's here that AMG takes the most startling swipe at the M3. Turn-in is quick, effort builds naturally with cornering intensity, and the chassis responds in ways that would make a blindfolded Bimmerphile surprised to find a three-pointed star on the airbag cover."

If I were back home (these cars are way 2 expensive here, my 1 coupe here cost as much as the old 335 in the US) and it weren't for the fact it's only available with an automatic, I would seriously consider this car. This is coming from some1 that if you check my posts, LOVES BMW, especially the M3, but I'm certainly not blinded by brand. But no manual = no love from me. But that brings me to the last note from the Top Gear article "Talking to AMG boss Volker Mornhinweg , seems like he's aiming to beat BMW M-Sport at its own game. I told him I didn't like the transmission much, thought it was too slack and soft, and his eyes lit up at that.

"Just wait," he said. He wouldn't tell me what he's up to, but he's definitely up to something."

I love the arms race that's on in Germany. It's too bad only those with deep pockets come out as winners.

Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #4
sahan0011
Registered
Rep
Drives: Corolla

Still it is a beast

I still remember how people who had C63s in our country drove it with massive pride. There was a saying that people who had a Mercedes Benz in our country will earn the pride of the society. Still we see that even after 8 years.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 04:59 AM   #5
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

strong first post bro...bring back a 7 year old thread
      03-09-2014, 05:57 AM   #6
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
strong first post bro...bring back a 7 year old thread
and I don't think anyone sees a c63 owner as having pride rather someone who likes spending money on tires
Appreciate 0