E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Its Official.. i must do this..

07-11-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Its Official.. i must do this..

So i decided that i am going to spend the next World Cup in europe. Who knows where my life will be in 4 years from now, but its my goal to be there.

Plan A is to actually move there in the next year or so, stay for 6 months, and return *unless some hottie italian sweeps me off my feet ha ha*. Plan B is to go for the World Cup in 4 years. My God, 4 years... its incredible how time flies. I can remember saying how i couldnt believe i was going to be 14 for the next world cup. Now i can say wow, im going to be 26 until we see this again. Now you know why im such a fanatic, its once every 4 years.. and when it happens, words cannot express the pride you feel for your hertiage/country/culture. I wish the United States would open their hearts to this sport. Maybe if they did, the US team would have more success. Their motivation right now is pretty nonexistant. I drove around with my italian flag, honking the horn, and about 1/4 of people looked at me like i was an idiot or something.

There is something inside of me that wont let go.. I dont know what it is, but all i have been able to think about for the past 2 years is wanting to move to Italy. I guess moving to NY first is a start, then ill make my way there. But i know how i am, and im stubborn and once i get my mind set, i dont let go. Ive been telling my parents over and over that in my heart, i feel like i wont be complete unless i do this. Ive already looked into study abroad programs, and i think mine would be in Rome. Even when i think about the possibilty of moving there, i get so excited and anxious. And its not because Italy just won the Cup, this has been in my mind since i was 20 years old. So .. its Official... i have to move to Italy.
      07-11-2006, 01:18 AM   #2
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Traitor.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 01:20 AM   #3
ADHD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Garage List
21 M540i  [0.00]
07 e90 335  [0.00]
Good to see your setting goals for yourself! Thats great..I have a buddy whos full italian and feels about the same as you! Im hoping to take a trip back with him so he can show around as a local u know!
Keep your heart set on it and your mind will follow u there doing whatever it takes to get u there!

So i didnt see a PlanB
      07-11-2006, 01:22 AM   #4
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD

So i didnt see a PlanB
HAHA o yea.. Plan A is to actually make the move in the next year to live there. Plan B was going for the World Cup in 4 years if i dont move. But i doubt plan B is neccessary
      07-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #5
KennyVendetta
Salsero
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 Crimson Red

Uh....the next World Cup is in South Africa.

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 01:26 AM   #6
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
So i decided that i am going to spend the next World Cup in europe. .
I guess not, the next one is in Africa
      07-11-2006, 01:28 AM   #7
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta

Maybe she just wants to be with real Italians?

I'm guessing it's crazy still in Italy right now.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 01:34 AM   #8
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
You only live once so I would move if I was able too!
      07-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #9
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Hhaaha Guys- i KNOW the next world cup is going to be in S africa, out of all people, i would know. I should have rephrased it. What i meant is, i want to be in Europe watching the games in the next world cup. You know at the bars, in the streets, with the people.

I believe after S. Africa, its going to be in brazil.

But anyway- i just think being there would be incredible.
      07-11-2006, 01:41 AM   #10
docbolo
BMW worshiper
Rep
Drives: M3/alpine/manual/prem/19"

Lets move there together Ms. Bella. We can make beautiful children and a happy family. We can even bring our E90's. Whaddaya say?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 01:55 AM   #11
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
That is great.

I had a chance to see Copa Confederaciones 1999 in Guadalajara...with great squads including Mexico, USA, Brazil, and Germany. It truly was an incredible experience to be among people who are just complete fanatics about the sport. I will never forget it. They have such a different mentality...everyone, it was completely awesome. To see such an event...with people of your own heritage....(Bella, you know what I mean). It was just unexplainable.

I had more fun in Mexico than during World Cup 1994...I went to several matches at the Rose Bowl (I worked for them back then...so I got in free!), and it was alot of fun...but the intensity just did not compare.

Do it!
      07-11-2006, 07:13 AM   #12
MrSilver
Judge Advocate General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
I went to the World Cup in both '98 (France), and '94 (U.S.).

I was on the Champs Elysées when France defeated Brazil to win it all. Easily one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

'07 E92 335i "Over-Heating" and "Blowing Up" since 9-5-06
6MT, Space Gray, Gray w/ Dakota Leather, Dark Burl, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW
Comfort Access, Sirius Satellite (Howard is not optional)

'07 X3 3.0si - Black on Black, ZPP, ZCW, Step. - Wife's car
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 07:52 AM   #13
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 325i titanium silver spk

Bella you`re gonna love living in Italy. I have cousin who moved back to Italy and don`t ever want to comeback. Our parents immigrated at a time when in southern Italy it wasn`t easy to make a living times have changed. If I could I would go live in Italy.
      07-11-2006, 08:05 AM   #14
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

A few of my friends went to Rome for the celebrations I haven`t spoken to them yet but I could imagine how crazy it must of been.

They were in Italy for the semi finals and the final and apparently when Italy beat Germany it was insane.

If you don`t move there you should go during the next world cup. I now I'm going. Memories last for ever.
      07-11-2006, 08:29 AM   #15
MG_2006325i_KG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Alpine White

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
being in germany for WM 06 was great....especially when Germany lost...man it was like their dog died
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 08:38 AM   #16
bimmer4me
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Bella, I think you should go for it!. I have had other friend's that went back to there home countries too. Most of them, however, return to the US. I bet you'll come back and feel very fulfilled with the time you spent in Italy. Just a guess! Good luck with everything, Bella, and keep us all informed about your next adventure.

2006 330i Monaco Blue | Grey | Walnut
...Manual | Sports | Premium | Cold | Nav | Comfort Access | PDC | Sirius | Sunshade
...M-Tec Steering Wheel | M-Tec Shifter | TLC
...Performance Center Delivery | Oct 14, 2005
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 09:14 AM   #17
Juve29
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer4me
Bella, I think you should go for it!. I have had other friend's that went back to there home countries too. Most of them, however, return to the US. I bet you'll come back and feel very fulfilled with the time you spent in Italy. Just a guess! Good luck with everything, Bella, and keep us all informed about your next adventure.
She will probably comeback if she feels lonely. If she has family in Italy she'll be ok.
      07-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #18
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

So i decided that i am going to spend the next World Cup in the United States. Who knows where my life will be in 4 years from now, but its my goal to be there.

Plan A is to actually move there in the next year or so, stay for 6 months, and return *unless some hottie Zimbabwian sweeps me off my feet ha ha*. Plan B is to go for the World Cup in 4 years. My God, 4 years... its incredible how time flies. I can remember saying how i couldnt believe i was going to be 14 for the next world cup. Now i can say wow, im going to be 26 until we see this again. Now you know why im such a fanatic, its once every 4 years.. and when it happens, words cannot express the pride you feel for your hertiage/country/culture. I wish the transsexual horselovers federation would open their hearts to this sport. Maybe if they did, the Dutch team would have more success. Their motivation right now is pretty nonexistant. I drove around with my italian ***, honking his horn, and about 1/4 of people looked at me like i was an idiot or something, which is true.

There is something inside of me that wont let go.. I dont know what it is, but all i have been able to think about for the past 2 years is wanting to move to the USA. I guess moving to Nova Zembla first is a start, then ill make my way there. But i know how i am, and im stubborn and once i get my mind set, i dont let go. Ive been telling my parents over and over that in my heart, i feel like i wont be complete unless i do this. Ive already looked into study abroad programs, and i think mine would be in the Bronx. Even when i think about the possibilty of moving there, i get so excited and anxious. And its not because France just lost the Cup, this has been in my mind since i was 20 years old. So .. its Official... i have to move to the USA.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 10:28 AM   #19
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve29
She will probably comeback if she feels lonely. If she has family in Italy she'll be ok.
I have family in Sicily, not so much in Italy. But hey its just a few hours away..
I have 2 uncles, 1 aunt and about 6 first cousins there. I cant wait.. i think this will be a great experience and im truly looking forward to doing it. Ill be taking Italian 3 at Hofstra this fall, so ill be a little more comfortable with the language. But i know when i move there, ill pick up on it extremely fast since my mom speaks to me in sicilian.
      07-11-2006, 10:54 AM   #20
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyVendetta

...beat me to it.
Though I'm thinking she may just want to spend the time with "real Italians" (not saying Italians in countries other then Italy aren't real, but you know what I mean).

Bella... quick question though. How is moving to NY first a start?
If you want to go to NY, go to NY. If you want to go to Italy, go to Italy.
Have you ever been to Italy? It's a huge commitment and process moving to another country; not one I'd do without at least first visiting on vacation.
If it's truely what you want, then go for it... just make sure you've really thought it over, and it's not an impulse. Impulses can last 2 years.
      07-11-2006, 11:15 AM   #21
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

In regards to you wishing that the U.S. should put more emphasis in "soccer" - perhaps that would be nice as soccer is actually more entertaining (at least compared to baseball) to watch.

But, truthfully, "soccer" in the U.S. has the stigma of being the sport for pansies. That's why in the U.S. we have the world's best baseball team, basketball team, and "football" team. We even have the best athletes as we've been continuously winning the most medals in both olympics. Seriously - all the "guys" in highschool go for football, baseball, or basketball - NOT volleyball or soccer. It would be very interesting, however, to see how good the U.S. would *really* be if they had as much enthusiasm in "soccer" comparable to the rest of the world.

Also in regards to Italy, it appears that you are putting Hofstra down low on your priority list in place of an impulsive urge to go to Italy. It is a troublesome feeling to know that whatever desires you have are based off of volatile foundations. Some people live fine by that path, though.
      07-11-2006, 11:18 AM   #22
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks
In regards to you wishing that the U.S. should put more emphasis in "soccer" - perhaps that would be nice as soccer is actually more entertaining (at least compared to baseball) to watch.

But, truthfully, "soccer" in the U.S. has the stigma of being the sport for pansies. That's why in the U.S. we have the world's best baseball team, basketball team, and "football" team. We even have the best athletes as we've been continuously winning the most medals in both olympics. Seriously - all the "guys" in highschool go for football, baseball, or basketball - NOT volleyball or soccer. It would be very interesting, however, to see how good the U.S. would *really* be if they had as much enthusiasm in "soccer" comparable to the rest of the world.

Also in regards to Italy, it appears that you are putting Hofstra down low on your priority list in place of an impulsive urge to go to Italy. It is a troublesome feeling to know that whatever desires you have are based off of volatile foundations. Some people live fine by that path, though.
Actually i read quite a few articles sayiing that in reality, the US doesnt have the best sports like we all think. I believe our basketball team lost, our US baseball team lost, and football isnt really played anywhere else but here.

In regards to italy. Im not putting hofstra down, i mean im excited about making that move. But while im there, i want to sign up to study abroad in italy. I dont want to just pack up and move to italy right now, i first want to gain the experience of being on my own before living in another country. All im sayin is that eventually i want to do it, and whether it be in the next 6 months or 2 years, it will happen. I feel as if i am missing something, and if i dont do this, i will always look back and regret it