F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Retrofit a leather dashboard?
proTUNING Freaks

07-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
suparockin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi Q3

Retrofit a leather dashboard?

Okay so I saw that 2015 equipment list you can add a leather dashboard as an option.

4M5 - BMW Individual leather dashboard is now available as a Priority 1 option ($950). This option requires a Line or M Sport as well as a Leather upholstery (except LCDF and LCLY - Beige Dakota Leather). The lower and upper sections of the dashboard are covered in Black Walknappa Leather.

So of course my question is - do you think you could order it on-line or at a dealer and get it retrofitted?

What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 09:59 PM   #2
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by suparockin View Post
Okay so I saw that 2015 equipment list you can add a leather dashboard as an option.

4M5 - BMW Individual leather dashboard is now available as a Priority 1 option ($950). This option requires a Line or M Sport as well as a Leather upholstery (except LCDF and LCLY - Beige Dakota Leather). The lower and upper sections of the dashboard are covered in Black Walknappa Leather.

So of course my question is - do you think you could order it on-line or at a dealer and get it retrofitted?

What do you think?
I would definitely get it. However, I think it needs to be ordered during the build process as dealers don't provide after factory orders/installs. In terms of retrofit, it's possible to get it done at a local upholster with premium leather or alcantara.

Here's a pic of a OEM leather dash & one of a retrofit from Studie in Japan.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2014, 10:12 PM   #3
suparockin
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi Q3

Ew - the red and blue one looks a bit yuk.

I'd love a tastefully done Dakota Black leather one with red stitching.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 08:50 PM   #4
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by suparockin View Post

What do you think?
I know this thread is old, but I have done an OEM Retrofit, so it is clearly possible.
Appreciate 0