E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > CCC failure (head-unit rebooting constantly)

09-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
gti6cyl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

CCC failure (head-unit rebooting constantly)

Hi forum:

I did do a fair amount of searching, so please if someone can point me in the right direction, I would love to know more.

I have had my car for 5 years, now finally the CCC (BMW diagnosed this) has failed causing my head-unit to reboot rendering my navigation or anything else displayed on the LCD monitor useless.

Help! I am quoted a lot of money to fix it and I am curious if I take it out myself, can anyone on the forums fix it for me? or do you know of a place that I can ship it to and they can fix it??

Internet and post searches have left me empty handed, any info is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #2
gti6cyl
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Found it at the junkyard nearby. I can provide the part number if anyone needs it.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
PA66400
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

I've replaced mine twice. once under warranty (no cost to me) and then 2 years later, on my dime. cost me $1100 all in. Bought a rebuilt CCC from GetBMWParts.com and got a local indy shop to install it. You can't really install it yourself, because it has to be coded to your car, or it will not work. I had a local indy shop (who do BMW coding) do this. Taking it out and putting it back in requires some dash disassembly, but not a big deal. you will need a full range of torx drivers (not socket, drivers).

Really poor quality on this part. Two failures in 2 years and thousands in repairs. Not at all happy with it.

My cost at the dealer for the R+R would have been >2000 all in, btw.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 08:05 PM   #4
Wongway
Captain
Rep
Drives: 328i xdrive

I was afraid of this (and sorry to say, justified now too )

Feel for you guys. It was one of the reasons why when I searched for my E90, I tried to get it with as few of the BMW bells and whistles as I could find. Much as I wanted the navigation and whatnot, I had a feeling it would be murder to replace it if/when it went.

There are times, I really wish I could just pick up the dash from one of your E90's and mount that in mine, as I'd prefer to keep the screen up near eye level, but I may end up getting the Dynavin N6 to cover my 'needs'. At least, with replacing one of those, a brand new one doesn't even break $800.

Really hope you have better luck on your units! Definitely something I don't wish on anyone.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
glachhman
Banned
Rep
Drives: '07 335i e90

hey hey well I have a cic retro for sale if anyone wants!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 02:05 AM   #6
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Are you sure your battery is good.

Are you sure your battery is good.
If you haven't changed the battery in an 06
you are overdue and electronics don't like to be current
and voltage starved.
Appreciate 0