E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > 2015 Mustang

10-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
son_of_siggy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I think there's a striking similarity between the AM designs and Ford's new design language. Any sleek coupe concept you try to draw based on Ford's current design language will look like an AM, that's just a given.
Would make sense, as Ford used to own AM, and I think still has a small stake in the company.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 02:15 AM   #24
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

i like the butt on this car. could be a good bang for the buck. The new z comes out around that time.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 11:20 AM   #25
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
I think there's a striking similarity between the AM designs and Ford's new design language. Any sleek coupe concept you try to draw based on Ford's current design language will look like an AM, that's just a given.

Agreed. It's not as bad as the rap it gets. Not great, but pure awesomeness compared to the Playskool crap the Camaro got stuck with.

Haha yeah. BUT you have to admit they ended up doing a damn good job with the SRA setup. Better than anyone had imagined, I'm sure.

All I ask is that they don't try to take it upmarket and ruin the fun:$ ratio that they do so well with on the current Mustang.
+1. I hope they keep the price down as well. My A Plan discount helps but how many people get A Plan. Not too many. You dont want to scare off the customer base, after all this car was the best selling car in its segment for like 14 years. Until the new Zeta platform camaro came out. The V6 camaro outsold the V6 mustang.
      10-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #26
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

Interesting to see what comes of this. Ford is getting more and more strict (or douchey, pending how you look at it) about modding so EcoBoosts might be less attractive to the tuner crowd. EB is a good motor but it has it's faults.

Cuntastic EPA is cranking down to auto makers harder than ever right now so we can expect this up-coming Stang to put out some nice MPGs too. If a 4-cylinder cummins Titan can achieve 28mpgs, this thing can do the same if not better.
Appreciate 0