E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > C63 Black Track Package

10-18-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Too slow

C63 Black Track Package

Wow... Do want even more...

Quote:

by Teddy Field

Mercedes is now offering Track and Aero packages for their unholy C63 AMG Black. Now carbon fiber and sticky rubber can be added to your track terrorist, making it stickier than fly paper soaked in Super Glue.
As cars go, the 2012 Mercedes- Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series is pure evil, trimmed in carbon fiber. It's got a naturally aspirated 6.2 liter V8 with forged pistons and connecting rods, a hardened lightweight crankshaft and a new engine control unit. This adds up to 510 horsepower & 457 ft-lbs of torque, fed through the paddle-shifted AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT-7 transmission.

It has an impressive 0-60 time of 4.2 seconds. But that has little to do with this car's appeal.

What makes the C63 AMG Black so special, is its sheer ability to raise H-E-double-hockey-sticks. It has a motorsports-derived coilover suspension, tighter steering, 'modified' anti roll bars, and the track has been widened by 1.57-inches in the front, and 3.11-inches in the rear. Combine all of that with aluminum-lead brake disks the size of Montana, a locking rear differential, and a watered down ESP system, and you get a car that'll hang its rear end out faster than a transvestite at Mardi Gras.

Most Black Series Merc's come into their own on a racetrack, not crawling down the 405. So it's no surprise that Mercedes is offering a pair of Track packages for the C63 AMG Black (which is the automotive equivalent of fitting Edward Scissor-hands with a pair of chainsaws). The first is called the AMG Aerodynamic pack, and it adds an adjustable carbon fiber rear wing, along with two sets of carbon fiber 'winglets' to the front valance. As tiny as they are, those 'winglets' are supposed to significantly increase frontal downforce, while the rear wing pushes the rear down for extra grip in the curves.

The AMG Track Package takes the insanity even further, by adding a bespoke set of 19-inch Dunlop sport tires, and a special radiator to cool the oil in the differential (it's located just behind the rear diffuser). Put the two packages together, and you can make your mental muscle car stickier than...flypaper soaked in Super Glue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quietly, the C63 is becoming a monster. I would not be surprised if and when it dethrones the M3 in this class - seems like Mercedes is becoming a little more driver orientated while BMW is focusing a little bit more on luxury.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #3
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

So that's gonna cost, what, $200k?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

I wonder if BMW would ever do something like a wide body E92 M3 with a few performance upgrades.

I actually saw a few pictures of a wide body kit for the E92 M3, does anyone know who makes it?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I wonder if BMW would ever do something like a wide body E92 M3 with a few performance upgrades.

I actually saw a few pictures of a wide body kit for the E92 M3, does anyone know who makes it?
The BMW from a decade ago would. Nowadays, they're too busy conjuring up M SUVs and "i" cars. The only thing that would make me consider an E9X M3 over a C63 is its standard 3 pedals.
      10-18-2011, 07:41 PM   #6
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
The BMW from a decade ago would. Nowadays, they're too busy conjuring up M SUVs and "i" cars. The only thing that would make me consider an E9X M3 over a C63 is its standard 3 pedals.
Yeah I agree, BMW is evolving to becoming more of a luxury brand than a performance oriented brand.

Are you in the market for a C63 AMG?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 12:42 AM   #7
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
Are you in the market for a C63 AMG?
Does anyone actuallly have any confirmed info on purchasing this car?

I was at the dealer today and they know exactly jack squat up here about what's going on.

First it was only going to be a couple of cars, then it was going to be a full run, then it was back to a handful....etc. Zero ballpark for pricing as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Does anyone actuallly have any confirmed info on purchasing this car?

I was at the dealer today and they know exactly jack squat up here about what's going on.

First it was only going to be a couple of cars, then it was going to be a full run, then it was back to a handful....etc. Zero ballpark for pricing as well.
I don't know. Anytime I see AMG & Black, I just think expensive.

Truth be told, expensive cars always give me sticker shock, until I actually drive them.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2011, 07:28 PM   #9
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
sweet

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0