E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Four cylinders, 400 nM: BMW's new turbo diesel

03-24-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
ibn
Rep
Drives:

Four cylinders, 400 nM: BMW's new turbo diesel

It's nothing new that torque addicted, diesel junkies abroad get all the cool stuff, and now this. BMW just released details on its new 2.0-liter, variable twin turbo diesel engine that is making 204 HP and almost 300 ft.-lbs. of torque. The two-stage turbo system, initially introduced on the 535d, all but eliminates any amount of lag by utilizing a smaller turbo at low engine speeds and a larger snail higher up in the rev range. The result: 147 ft.-lbs. at 1200 RPM and 295 ft.-lbs. of twist at 2000 RPM. Coupled with a lighter aluminum engine block, BMW maintains that a significant increase in fuel efficiency over the outgoing model has been realized.

article: autoblog.com
pictures: motorauthority.com

if they put this engine in the 1/2-er coupe. i'll put my down payment today. :thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
aesthetect
form follows function
United_States
Rep
Drives: GC impreza

i really hope they bring this over to the US...
Appreciate 0