E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Isn't anyone single anymore?

01-15-2006, 11:01 AM   #67
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante
2. Get a cute kid and take a walk in the park. BAM! (could be tricky though )

Hmm...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 11:02 AM   #68
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I've never had a problem finding guys, in fact I can't remember ever really being single..and that's a bad thing. It doesn't allow me for any "me time". I'm not a good relationship person, but that's the way our society works so I go with it.

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #69
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Hey thanks for all the responses

I don't know, this thread was jagermeister induced...and I see there's no emoticon for embarrassment Like I said, I usually don't post stuff like this, but it gets really frustrating. Most girls moved out of my shit town for college and never came back, and the ones that stayed are all in relationships. After college, I came back to work for my family, and now here I am in a world of no opportunities. You never really truly know what consequences are until they're in your face.

I appreciate all your advice...church...unfortunately only old people go to church, like 70+... If I want to see old people, I'd just go to the mall . Besides, no offense to church-goers here, I can think of 1000 things more exciting I'd rather do than go to church...including sleeping!

Being single isn't all that bad...I know where you guys are coming from, especially coming from a shitty relationship. All of a sudden a whole new world of freedom opens up.

Last edited by deutschmann59; 01-02-2007 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #70
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

sharp...i feel your pain on "being stuck all weekend by yourself" I recently got out of a 5 year relationship about 4 months ago...Trust me..its tough from having someone you spend every second with and tie up your "boredom" time, to not having anyone to run to during the weekends...

Quite frankly..I'm kinda tired of going to movies with my friends..I miss the movies with the g/f...but hey....I guess people are right...better to be alone then to be with some1 who doesn't treat you the way you should be treated or being with someone who cheated on you...

like you, I'm waiting for that special someone to come along, and I really don't think its ever going to happen.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 11:24 AM   #71
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer3253
Quite frankly..I'm kinda tired of going to movies with my friends..I miss the movies with the g/f...but hey....I guess people are right...better to be alone then to be with some1 who doesn't treat you the way you should be treated or being with someone who cheated on you...

like you, I'm waiting for that special someone to come along, and I really don't think its ever going to happen.
And I'm tired of going out with my friends to bars and clubs every weekend because all my friends have girlfriends, and then there's me...the tag-along. They don't treat me like that, but that's how I feel. That's why I haven't even gone out with them in like three months now. You know...I could go out, but I just don't want to anymore.

And where are these circles of dancing single girls at the nightclubs I've been hearing so much about? I get the impression a bar or club is a place to bring your girlfriend...not a place for pick-ups.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 12:45 PM   #72
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

Ha...I completely agree..Try going to the movies with your friend and his girlfriend..or dinner with them! I'm cool with his girlfriend...but still..sometimes it gets more depressing!! Especially b/c at one point I used to bring my g/f everywhere I went so it was always a group event...now I just feel like the loser

Its tough..but I guess eventually it'll all work out....I have my "backups" but I don't want my backups..I want my main squeeze..lol

BTW...There are circles of dancing girls in bars/clubs....I see them quite often..one problem...they are there to dance with their girlfriends...not with the guys...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 12:48 PM   #73
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Hey BMW E90,

sorry to hear that. Here are three secure opportunities to get in contact with nice women:

1. Get a cute dog and take a walk in the park. BAM!

2. Get a cute kid and take a walk in the park. BAM! (could be tricky though )

And the best at last:

3. Go to IKEA (preferable in a city with a major college) A.M. time. You will never see so much attractive (single) woman in one place elsewhere.

Oh oh, and donīt forget to check the parking lot afterwards where all these cuties try to stuff their billies and paxes and gullholmen things in their minis. Just when these women desperatly look around for you suddenly blend in with a charming smile (and your bimmer with folding rear seats maybe)...

And its easy to begin conversations in all situations.

Hope this might help!

haha what is all this?? lol I was actually gonna go to Ikea to buy furniture for my bedroom. Maybe i WILL meet someone there
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 12:52 PM   #74
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer3253
Ha...I completely agree..Try going to the movies with your friend and his girlfriend..or dinner with them! I'm cool with his girlfriend...but still..sometimes it gets more depressing!! Especially b/c at one point I used to bring my g/f everywhere I went so it was always a group event...now I just feel like the loser

Its tough..but I guess eventually it'll all work out....I have my "backups" but I don't want my backups..I want my main squeeze..lol

Dude I remember a few years ago I had a very bad incident going to the movies. I liked this chick and we were gonna go watch Ali together with my friend and his gf. I didnt drive then so he was supposed to drive. Fucking A he showed up late and then had to pick up his gf so we ended up being like 40 mins late for the movie. So we wanted to watch Lord of the Rings but the chick I liked already saw it. And she had curfew and couldnt stay out late. So she went home with this girl friend of her. I had to watch the movie with my friend and his gf. OMG that was fuckin torture. THREE HOURS of BOREDOM!!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #75
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
And I'm tired of going out with my friends to bars and clubs every weekend because all my friends have girlfriends, and then there's me...the tag-along. They don't treat me like that, but that's how I feel. That's why I haven't even gone out with them in like three months now. You know...I could go out, but I just don't want to anymore.
Same here. THat's why I havent really been hanging out with them for the past month or so.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 01:02 PM   #76
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

Well if you don't hang out with your friends...then you will probably feel even lonelier (sp), which may make it worse
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 01:03 PM   #77
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 / F31 330d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
haha what is all this?? lol I was actually gonna go to Ikea to buy furniture for my bedroom. Maybe i WILL meet someone there
Go to IKEA and keep your eyes open, you will see... Just make sure its a.m.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA
Hmm...
Haha, I see you never went to a park with a sweet little baby in a stroller. I took my nephew once. Babe magnet!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 01:09 PM   #78
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90
Same here. THat's why I havent really been hanging out with them for the past month or so.

Nah- like I said before: being alone does not mean lonely. I just dont wanna do the same shit over and over:go eat, pool, movies, drive around, etc. I wanan take trips and go snowboarding and stuff. But they're all broke so I cant help it. LOL I do hang out with them once a week though. Before it used to be pretty much everyday.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 01:17 PM   #79
findtom
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E60 545i

Garage List
2005 545i  [0.00]
Quote:
Go to IKEA and keep your eyes open, you will see... Just make sure its a.m.!

Why the morning? Just curious.

BTW... I've never gone to Ikea to cruise for chicks but my experience with that place is that it's couple central.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 01:27 PM   #80
BellasBmw
If love is the answer,please rephrase the question
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tit Silver 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Haha, I see you never went to a park with a sweet little baby in a stroller. I took my nephew once. Babe magnet!
No lie, but hot guys with little kids is definitely a turn on. But you gotta look past that and think "baggage...baggage" haha.

Guys have it rough nowadays. They are working a very fine line. You cant be too nice, or else we'll be bored. You cant be a dick, cause then we'll go elsewhere for someone who will treat us better. I need a guy who will keep me on my toes. But dont you hate that the ones you really want, are always taken!
      01-15-2006, 01:27 PM   #81
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by findtom
Why the morning? Just curious.

BTW... I've never gone to Ikea to cruise for chicks but my experience with that place is that it's couple central.
I donīt know, I just noticed that. Maybe itīs because couples go there together in the evenings when they have time. Single women go there (mostly with their GFs) in the morning. You also can get a good breakfast there!

BTW: I never go there just to cruise for chicks either, I just noticed
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 01:31 PM   #82
Dante
Enthusiast
Germany
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
No lie, but hot guys with little kids is definitely a turn on. But you gotta look past that and think "baggage...baggage" haha.
Thanks for the support Bella. Thats exactly why I hinted it could be tricky...
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 02:07 PM   #83
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the support Bella. Thats exactly why I hinted it could be tricky...
Hehe No prob.

I think its the maternal instinct in women that flare up everytime we see a guy playing with a kid.
      01-15-2006, 02:18 PM   #84
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

anybody got a kid i can borrow =)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #85
BellasBmw
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
But you gotta be a DILF

Cant be old, nasty with a kid. Defeats the DILF status
      01-15-2006, 02:31 PM   #86
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw

Guys have it rough nowadays. They are working a very fine line. You cant be too nice, or else we'll be bored. You cant be a dick, cause then we'll go elsewhere for someone who will treat us better. I need a guy who will keep me on my toes. But dont you hate that the ones you really want, are always taken!
I think it's more like, the ones that are taken, are the ones you really want.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #87
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

haha.."dilf" thats great..I'm 23 so I'm far from the "dilf" status =)
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2006, 02:36 PM   #88
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I think it's more like, the ones that are taken, are the ones you really want.
You always want what you can't have...and when you have it..you take it for granted
Appreciate 0