E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Bye-bye M-640HP CTS-V

12-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #111
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
Status? What status? GMAFB. Its a fkn dressed up 3 series. LOL. The M3 is a compromise car built off of a daily driver.
Don't worry about him. He's more worried about what others thinks of him. If a freaking Yugo had more prestige and status, I bet he would be telling us the Yugo is better than the M3.....
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #112
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Status? What status? GMAFB. Its a fkn dressed up 3 series. LOL. The M3 is a compromise car built off of a daily driver.
This.

Only poor people think the 3-Series is a status car. LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 05:42 PM   #113
Sinful
Banned
Rep
Drives: Its black and has 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
you're visibly emotional, you're statements are simply completely off and construed. I'm not saying all is perfect with the s65 but the huge majority 95%+ are never going to experience any bearing failure. but i understand you sold an m3 and you are still struggling moving on and probably regretting that sell. I can understand. A Vette is a different animal it does not have the composure of an e92 m3. It's a noisy pushrod engine sounding like a loud sewing machine. Your older model vette does not have the chassis balance and predictability and linearity at the limit that an e92 m3 has. It's lousy interior looks like an impala/ malibu. It's has a prehistoric body design from another age (1970) does not have the refinment and status of an m3 and is usually bought by retired pumblers with their pensions. And for your info several unofficial e92 m3 with stock engine recorded sub 8:00 nurburgring laps beating your vette.
I am certainly not regretting the sale (only owned for 1.5 years -unimpressed). I am only here because I am selling things in a part out and I noticed your delusional comments.I used to own a Vette ( for 5 years ) so I am back in my original, reliable and performance oriented world. In this world, " refinement and status " are for sissys who use those words as excuses for paying more and getting less. I have owned them both, so your blabbing based on a biased emotional defense of what you own, I am discussing based on a real world comparison based on ownership of each....

What is even funnier is your defending the M3 against the base model and still losing. If I compare a 2008-2013 Z06 or Zr1 (which costs as much as the M3) the performance comparison is a joke. ...Remember, its B.S. unless all that "chassis balance and linearity" (BMW sold you on) can be applied at the track and produce...which it can't....

Let me clarify, relative to other cars the M3 is a great car but when you compare to a Corvette then your in a delusion. Go touch your simple, plain leather interior and lie to yourself that its special enough to warrant getting smoked..on any track by a Corvette.

Last edited by Sinful; 12-26-2014 at 12:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #114
Sinful
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #115
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulM3 View Post
I am certainly not regretting the sale. I am only here because I am selling things in a part out and I noticed your delusional comments.I used to own a Vette so I am back in my original, reliable and performance oriented world....in this world, " refinement and status " are for sissys who use those words as excuses for paying more and getting less - performance. I have owned them both, so your talking based on a biased emotional defense of what you own, I am talking based on a real world comparison based on ownership of each....

What is even funnier is your defending the M3 against the base model and still losing. If I compare a 2008-2013 Z06 or Zr1 (which costs as much as the M3) the performance comparison is a joke. ...Remember, its B.S. unless all that "chassis balance and linearity" (BMW sold you on) can be applied at the track and produce...which it can't....

Let me clarify, relative to other cars the M3 is a great car but when you compare to a Corvette then your in a delusion. Go touch your simple plain leather interior and lie to yourself that its special enough to warrant getting smoked..on any track by a Vette.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 06:48 PM   #116
tyler9595
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Boring

I think the CTS-V looks pretty damn good. Obviously, it will be a real beast on a track, especially quarter mile. The lip and hood vent are a little much for my taste on a large sedan, but it looks ok in a darker color (less contrast with the black plastic - same for the new Vette).

It's great to see the American car companies being competitive with the rest of the world once again. Go 'Merica!
Previous - 2010 e90 335i (N54) - BSM, 6AT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Hi-Fi, Nav, BMW PPK & PE, Dinan S2
Previous - 2007 e90 335i (N54) - BSM, 6AT, ZSP, ZPP, ZCW, Hi-Fi
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 06:59 PM   #117
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Can we get the prune guy a shovel?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 07:15 PM   #118
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Can we get the prune guy a shovel?

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #119
Stainless 45
Captain
Rep
Drives: Last of the V-8 Interceptors

I wouldn't be interested in buying one unless they found a way to pipe in the cool fake engine noise through the speakers.
Blue Thunder -2011 LeMans Blue e92 DCT, ZCP, European Delivery. BPM Stage II. Dinan 3.45 Rear. Borla/Encore Innovation Exhaust, LUX Angel Eyes, Forgestar F14's, Turner road armor. "Last of the V-8 Interceptors, a real piece of history..."
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 01:49 PM   #120
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

Yes I have driven a 400+ HP car in the snow, the M3. It was on proper blizzaks last winter and I had no issues. The wide tire argument is only valid if you are driving through deeper (multiple inches) of fluffy stuff as the issue is the car tends to float on top of the snow. On snow packed roads, the wide tires do not hurt you.

But to you point, something with a lot of torque does tend to have issues in the snow if you can easily apply the power (slipping clutch, snow mode, etc).

And I guess the quote button isn't working. oh well.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #121
Raikkonen
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Again...how old are you? I don't know of any grown adults who magazine race like this or consider 0-60 to be any sort of meaningful measurement. Most have the intuition and common sense to know that it means nothing when you're talking about 500+ HP cars.
Then why is Cadillac touting 640hp and a 3.7 second 0-60 time?

Cadillac employees must not have any "intuition" or "common sense", or be "grown adults"...maybe they're "un-grown"????

1045 and counting...
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 05:17 PM   #122
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

GT-R in the snow

The video goes in too many technical details, jump to 15:25.

none of those juvenile american HP cars would be able to match this.
heck, there is plenty of videos of s%&^y Vettes drfiting uncontrolably into the roadside gutter in the summer.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 05:32 PM   #123
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Lol, juvenile american cars? You fan boi's crack me up at times.

Heck, there are "plenty" of videos of *&%&^&^&^*^^&^&^%$%%%@%@%@%$$# Godzilla not being able to negotiate a traffic circle or just not being able to stop and crashing into stuff and in the ditch......
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 05:43 PM   #124
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulM3 View Post
I am certainly not regretting the sale (only owned for 1.5 years -unimpressed). ......
leather interior and lie to yourself that its special enough to warrant getting smoked..on any track by a Corvette.
Lol. Thanks for the laugh. I like when some people are trying to vette a Vette (pun intended) against an M3. You loose the argument even before making a sentence, they're completely different vehicles that appeal to completely different people. People who cross shop an engineering refined DOHC high revving european understated aggressively designed car with a prehistoric d|ck looking pushrod engine, "700HP nothing else matters" ugly vette designed for the hairy chested retired cheesy plumber or the juvenile bonehead know very little about what makes a refined ( yes refined) balanced racing pedigree car.

Unlike you i am smilling everyday driving and enjoying my e92 m3 to the fullest. I would be more interest reading about the latest lawnmower model than reading about a prehistoric ugly z06 vette. As for the other two supporting clowns driving a 435i and X1, not worth my response, i'll ignore them like the fray on the road.

Last edited by V8FunNaturally; 12-30-2014 at 05:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 06:08 PM   #125
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Regardless of the arguments going on here, this is one hell of a car I wouldn't mind owning. It's beast mode and looks super aggressive.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #126
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lol. Thanks for the laugh. I like when some people are trying to vette a Vette (pun intended) against an M3. You loose the argument even before making a sentence, they're completely different vehicles that appeal to completely different people. People who cross shop an engineering refined DOHC high revving european understated aggressively designed car with a prehistoric d|ck looking pushrod engine, "700HP nothing else matters" ugly vette designed for the hairy chested retired cheesy plumber or the juvenile bonehead know very little about what makes a refined ( yes refined) balanced racing pedigree car.

Unlike you i am smilling everyday driving and enjoying my e92 m3 to the fullest. I would be more interest reading about the latest lawnmower model than reading about a prehistoric ugly z06 vette. As for the other two supporting clowns driving a 435i and X1, not worth my response, i'll ignore them like the fray on the road.
So what can a cheaper, "unrefined" 2011 Mustang match a refined balanced racing pedigree E92 M3?

By the way, I love any and all cars. But fan boi's and people generally like you that look down on "inferior" cars because they have no heritage or whatever make me laugh and feel sorry for you at the same time. You're like a deer in the headlights or a bug heading for the light....it's not going to end well for you.

And why is there so much hate of a pushrod engine from people? Because its so simple and easy to work on? Its cheap to get parts for? It makes better and more reliable power?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 12:01 PM   #127
Sinful
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Lol. Thanks for the laugh. I like when some people are trying to vette a Vette (pun intended) against an M3. You loose the argument even before making a sentence, they're completely different vehicles that appeal to completely different people. People who cross shop an engineering refined DOHC high revving european understated aggressively designed car with a prehistoric d|ck looking pushrod engineokay so if its an engineering refined euro car with high revs this makes it better for what purpose? You ears? Or maybe to fit in with the other elites sissys? Because in reality relative to the LS3 engine it has less HP, less torque ...way less torque, gets worse MPG, has a dinosaur wet sump oiling system, unreliable relative to the LS3 engine, has bearing and connecting rod clearance issues (great "refined engineering" and they wont even take responsibility for it), and yep you guessed it all this subpar crap with half the life span for 2x the cost!!!...what a suckers, sucker......by the way I have some swamp land for sale you may like. , "700HP nothing else matters" ugly vette designed for the hairy chested retired cheesy plumber or the juvenile bonehead know very little about what makes a refined ( yes refined) balanced racing pedigree car. balanced racing pedigree car?...that has been proven to get smoked on every factual track by the Vette? Drag or corner carver M3 < Vette. Pedigree vs Vette ...hell the first M3 was not made until the 80s and the first Vette in the 50's ..keep dreaming. All that "balance" isn't doing anything for you in the real world......again I got that swamp land ... Plus I dare you to take the grocery getter and park it next to a Vette...if you think the BMW looks more aggressive or better in any way, then your not only a sucker but your blind too...

Unlike you i am smilling everyday driving and enjoying my e92 m3 to the fullest. I would be more interest reading about the latest lawnmower model than reading about a prehistoric ugly z06 vette. I figured you would be smiling....retards love to smile, they are completely unaware of reality. The reason you would rather read about a lawnmower is called "avoidance" you cant handle the truth. The truth is,... based on every aspect you mentioned, the M3 loses to the Vette. If I were you I would compare relative to a different car. Perhaps the WRX sti or EVO? These the M3 destroys like a Vette destroys the M3...Or if you want, compare the vette with your need for 4 seats and ...well I guess thats it. But please dont abuse our eyes to your foolish non factual opinions regarding racing, appearance, or reliability .... As for the other two supporting clowns driving a 435i and X1, not worth my response, i'll ignore them like the fray on the road.
Picked apart your ignorant elites statements above.

Last edited by Sinful; 12-31-2014 at 01:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #128
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post

And why is there so much hate of a pushrod engine from people? Because its so simple and easy to work on? Its cheap to get parts for? It makes better and more reliable power?
Somehow these people got it into their heads that DOHC is a much newer engine design..... Both engine designs have been around since the 1910's.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 02:19 PM   #129
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Tbh, if I was in the market for an American car, I'd only be looking at a Hellcat. That's a car I don't mind being RWD because of the muscle car heritage (Challengers from the 70s). The CTS-V shouldn't really have anything stopping it from having an AWD variant.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 02:38 PM   #130
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
You are trying really hard to sound snobby. I have a Vette along with an R8 V10, Range Rover, and an S-Class...so I might know a thing or two about what's refined. Care to explain how they "appeal to completely different people?"

You're over-compensating for the fact that you live in North Carolina. Since you're poor and can't afford any of the cars which you think are considered a "refined ( yes refined) balanced racing pedigree car," you really need to stop talking.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 02:56 PM   #131
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Tbh, if I was in the market for an American car, I'd only be looking at a Hellcat. That's a car I don't mind being RWD because of the muscle car heritage (Challengers from the 70s). The CTS-V shouldn't really have anything stopping it from having an AWD variant.
I'm sure its to avoid all the unnecessary weight AWD adds to the car. Also, RWD will handle better.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2014, 03:23 PM   #132
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep

I believe its something to do with the transmission. Its a bit bigger and they would have to do some work to get it to fit correctly. I know the non-V CTS/ATS cars have AWD but they have smaller engines and the trans is different in those I believe.

But we better calm down about dissing a M3 or a GT-R or AWD system....we might just get a nasty...hateful email.....
Appreciate 0