E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > ECS Coilover problems

02-28-2024, 02:53 PM   #1
Sour.Bimmer
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

ECS Coilover problems

So I recently bought a set of ECS coilovers for my 335xi and the fronts will not lower or raise. The thread body does not move up and down in the strut, the only this the collars do is add/lessen the preload on the spring. I ordered another set to do an exchange because I thought they were seized, but the new ones are doing the same thing. Am I doing something wrong? Do I not understand how these are supposed to work? Thanks you!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2024, 11:22 AM   #2
Jaronbwall
Driving cars and riding bikes really fast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

YES, by spinning the collar the spring is tightened or loosened thus increasing or decreasing ride height. Have you watched any YouTube install videos? Almost all of the coilover kits are the same installation.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2024, 11:46 PM   #3
whyzee125
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Dinan stage 2 335i

Ok I just looked up pics of the kit and I def see where the confusion is coming from.

They definitely look to be the adjustable body type but if both are that way, the body may in fact be one piece and the spring perch is the only adjustment. Many kits are like this including KWs and they’re sometimes referred to as sleeve overs.

I’d reach out to ECS to confirm if the directions don’t clarify it but I would have definitely thought the same as you based on how the strut body looks
Appreciate 0