E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > This is what happens when you get stupid...

03-22-2007, 12:13 AM   #1
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

This is what happens when you get stupid...

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1289042.php

you see that picture of that absolutely smashed M3?......that was my friend who died in that street race against a clk 55 amg on septmeber 25th 2006. He died instantly and caused the 2 girls, all of which were only 18 including himself, in his car to be hospitalized, one of them for 3 months.....dont street people, its not worth the tickets, the fines, the deaths, the pains to the family. If you were at that funeral, that huge funeral, you'd get that "life is worth more then this" vibe all through your body. Still gives the worse chills when i see that....the whole city was upset about that.
Attached Images

Black Sapphire 335i coupe/Saddle Brown leather/Aluminum trim-Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Navigation, PDC, Paddle shifters,Vishnu PROcede awaits, 20" iForged Essen, H&R springs, Milltek cat-back exhaust,side markers painted, 25% tint, V1 hardwired
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 12:16 AM   #2
Evo8MRto335I
Captain
Spain
Rep
Drives: can't list them all

Sad. RIP.

carlos
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 12:19 AM   #3
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

I read about this on my Evo forum a while back. My condolences to the families. This is why I am so against street racing, I've lost friends too and when that happens, you no longer look at it as a 20 second rush just so you can post your next kill story.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
Ado
King Kong
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Damn. It's hard when you know the person or someone who knew the person. You get touched.

Almost everyone races on the street these days, unfortunately images like these are what shows the ugly side of racing on the streets.

Like ///M said. STOP RACING ON THE STREETS.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep
Drives: 335 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo8MRto335I View Post
Sad. RIP.

carlos
guy can burn in hell, why he would take 2 girls with him is beyond me, i meen i understand he probably wanted to impress them, but they would just be weighing him down

i feel bad for the girls, especially if they went un willingly, less so if they went knowing what would happen, but i still feel bad for them because they trusted him not to get them killed i guess

one thing though, i bet statistically there are a HELL of a lot more old people slaughtering people on the roads then there are street racers, can we put a little more effort/attention on them instead?

that will never happen though because old people vote
      03-22-2007, 12:37 AM   #6
Jay@ATP
Private
Rep
Drives: 02 S2k, 06 EVO IX

I was tell people in another thread to stop street racing on the highways.

Most wouldnt listen.
      03-22-2007, 12:40 AM   #7
MacAttack
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast enough

Garage List
2007 BMW  [0.00]
Unfortunate to lose lives over this. RIP
      03-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #8
youyou
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 997 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
guy can burn in hell, why he would take 2 girls with him is beyond me, i meen i understand he probably wanted to impress them, but they would just be weighing him down

i feel bad for the girls, especially if they went un willingly, less so if they went knowing what would happen, but i still feel bad for them because they trusted him not to get them killed i guess

one thing though, i bet statistically there are a HELL of a lot more old people slaughtering people on the roads then there are street racers, can we put a little more effort/attention on them instead?

that will never happen though because old people vote

Are you serious man!!!
What the hell is wrong with you dude!!! Guy can burn in hell??!!!
You know Tekno i've read some stupid comments from you on this Forum but this is by far the stupidest!!!
The guy lost his friend and that's all you can find to say.
If you don't have any kind words to say then Get The Hell Out Of Here!!!

And to M owns U i'm sorry for your loss ... I know what it is to lose a friend in a car accident...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 12:48 AM   #9
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou View Post
Are you serious man!!!
What the hell is wrong with you dude!!! Guy can burn in hell??!!!
You know Tekno i've some stupid comments from you on this Forum but this is by far the stupidest!!!

And to M owns U i'm sorry for your loss ... I know what it is to lose a friend in a car accident...
oh shit didnt actually read the post to know that he knew the guy, still though i have ZERO compasion for people who get themselves hurt/killed while street racing or worse get other people hurt

if his friend shot someone and i said he should burn in hell would you yell at me for it? dont think so
      03-22-2007, 12:50 AM   #10
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by youyou View Post
Are you serious man!!!
What the hell is wrong with you dude!!! Guy can burn in hell??!!! It bogles my mind that people like you aren't locked up somewhere!
I can see where Tekno is coming from. Why should he (Tekno) be locked up in jail? He didn't commit a crime like, say, manslaughter by taking the lives of the passengers when he raced. You pay for your own consequences, and this guy paid it with his life.

Imagine yourself in the shoes as the parents of one of the girls, you would seriously be hating the guts of whoever caused this too.

Another similar story a couple of days ago, there was a Celica racing a new model BMW, I'm not sure what it is, the news story didn't release the series. The Celica crashed and the passenger died. The passenger was going to graduate from U.C. Irvine this semester, and she was a dear friend of my friend. My friend is filled with anger right now so I can definitely understand where that is coming from.

Street racing is so big here in SoCal, especially in San Diego where Drag Net was originally formed. Now they even go in your house with a warrant for your arrest like other felonies for street racing.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 12:51 AM   #11
NewBMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

Painful post to read. But thank you to the OP - gives some clarity about whats important. Clearly 10 secs of rush is not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 01:06 AM   #12
mayno
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i / 2018 BMW 430i Conv

this sucks but this is exactly why you never buy a fast car for a young kid...

fast car + inexperienced young driver = bad times

why do you think California driver licensing laws are so damn strict?!

"Traffic crashes are the leading cause of death among teens in the United States. In California alone, nearly 20,000 teen drivers are injured or killed every year. "

http://www.aaa-calif.com/corpinfo/guides/teens.aspx

18 year old kids (especially boys) don't have the maturity nor the intelligence and driving dexterity to handle a fast car...even give them a junked up beater car and they'll still drive it like a formula 1 car. all they care about is picking up chicks and losing their virginity and growing facial hair.

when my son reaches his driving years, believe me, I'll have one of those spy devices that'll tell me exactly where he's been and how fast he's gone.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 01:08 AM   #13
SoCal335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92-TT Jet Blk Coral Red

One of my best friends died in an integra in 2001. He was the passenger and died on impact. I'll keep racing even if it kills me cause its just what i do and what i love. If i crash i'll be alone in my car, and if some dumb ass fool pulls out front of me i'll take em with me!!! The kid that crashed in that M3 doesnt have my sympathy neither does the guy who killed my friend by driving that pile of shit integ, they both didnt know how to control the car and the M3 guy was showin off to the girls in the car, i dont do that kind of stupid shit when people are in my car.

Last edited by SoCal335i; 03-22-2007 at 01:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 01:10 AM   #14
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

M owns you, are you persian?
      03-22-2007, 03:59 AM   #15
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
One of my best friends died in an integra in 2001. He was the passenger and died on impact. I'll keep racing even if it kills me cause its just what i do and what i love. If i crash i'll be alone in my car, and if some dumb ass fool pulls out front of me i'll take em with me!!! The kid that crashed in that M3 doesnt have my sympathy neither does the guy who killed my friend by driving that pile of shit integ, they both didnt know how to control the car and the M3 guy was showin off to the girls in the car, i dont do that kind of stupid shit when people are in my car.
Stupid remarks that this piss me off.
If you want to race, that's fine - go to a sanctioned track. There's plenty of them. If that so called fool pulls out in front of you when you were racing, how would it be fair to them or their family because you wanted to race.
Sure people may not deserve sympathy but no one deserves to die because of a stupid loss of common sense.
Sure, hitting the gas a bit on an open stretch happens. I do it, and others do it but to have reckless abandonment for others is just lame. With or without passengers.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 04:08 AM   #16
AlexEvo
My Ev0 PWNZ j00!
Rep
Drives: 2004 Mitsubishi Evolution

Tekno - is it not enough punishment that this man had to sacrifice his life because of what he did and because of what he did to those 2 females with him? he has to "burn in hell" as well?

Im in the boat with SoCal335i on this one, i drive very cautious when i have passengers but when its just me, thats just how i drive. Granted i dont do 80mph on city streets(regularly), or in areas where it isnt safe, but ive broken the speed limit in trabuco canyon and ortega highway/canyon quite a few times. its all part of spirited driving, and i believe there is a fine line between spirited driving and driving recklessly.

Maynard, i do have to disagree only on the point of "18 year old boys do not have the maturity or intelligence/driving dexterity to drive a fast car", i recently read an article a month or two ago in car and driver about 2 brothers 12 and 14 i believe who are home schooled and race shifter carts which we all know are very fast and require immense training and high levels of concentration, the same would apply to someone driving an M3, an 18 year old boy that has attented bondurant racing/driving school several times and has practiced safely im sure is quite capable of handling the car.

it is quite possible that this Parees gentleman had the experience to drive his M3 to its limits, but perhaps he forgot the 1 key aspect that differentiates street/track, streets have obstacles such as bad grading, patchy road, rain troughs, etc. along with the fact that they are NOT prepped for high performance driving. as i have been to racing/driving school(s) and having wrecked a few cars of my own on/off the street, i think i speak from experience heh.

but i do agree with buying them a car that is not capable of high performance driving and IS large/safe, like perhaps a Ford Crown Victoria, probably a black one........on second thought maybe thats not such a good idea...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 04:29 AM   #17
turbocoins
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Z06, '07 MKZ

M Owns You--My condolences.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 05:10 AM   #18
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexEvo View Post
Tekno - is it not enough punishment that this man had to sacrifice his life because of what he did and because of what he did to those 2 females with him? he has to "burn in hell" as well?

no, he loses his life for being an idiot in the first place and burns in hell for hurting the two girls, you missed the point where punishment begins

someone who gambles with other peoples lives desrves the worste punishment available
      03-22-2007, 05:16 AM   #19
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

it was an accident techno...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 07:57 AM   #20
NewBMW
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal335i View Post
I'll keep racing even if it kills me cause its just what i do and what i love. If i crash i'll be alone in my car, and if some dumb ass fool pulls out front of me i'll take em with me!!!
Are you for real???

To say you don't mind dying yourself is fine. To say you'll take someone with you because of your racing is foul.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #21
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

@ ///M owns you:Thanks for the pm, I appreciated that and responded to it.

Cheers,
Robin
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2007, 08:09 AM   #22
teknochild
Your resident 4um troll
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
it was an accident techno...

i dont see a diffrence here between this guy and someone who gets on the road drunk, they are both equally responsible for their actions, hell the drunk would be less responsible

ive never seen anyone arguing the drunks side after he killed someone "he only had a couple drinks" yea right