E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > C6 Corvette vs 335i

Closed Thread

02-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #67
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiNiStErE92 View Post
as another member stated. Many of you who have a 335i could have just as easily gotten a vette so my question is how come none of u have one ? I'm not sAying this in a malicious manner or anything but just curious..
I had a 350Z... I wanted something I can also take other people somewhere. This is my only car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #68
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Personally I like things you don't see everywhere you go. 3er is a nice family car or sporty GT. The vette is a semi-muscle car with decent road manners and performance and style beyond the typical American car (still wouldn't want one though). The 3er isn't raw or rewarding enough to be considered fun. The vette is pretty docile at speed limits and quite a thriller if you can find somewhere to open it up. But the vette lacks refinement and technology, and I don't think I can own a car with leaf springs that Henry Ford didn't design himself.

Scratch 'em both a get a Porsche.
      02-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #69
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Personally I like things you don't see everywhere you go. 3er is a nice family car or sporty GT. The vette is a semi-muscle car with decent road manners and performance and style beyond the typical American car (still wouldn't want one though). The 3er isn't raw or rewarding enough to be considered fun. The vette is pretty docile at speed limits and quite a thriller if you can find somewhere to open it up. But the vette lacks refinement and technology, and I don't think I can own a car with leaf springs that Henry Ford didn't design himself.

Not this argument again......
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #70
E82tt6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC

Quote:

Did you know that Formula 1 cars use leaf springs?

"Decent road manners"? The ignorance is strong with this one. Any vette will easily outhandle any car made by BMW.

This is the one problem I have with BMW boards, too much of this kinda crap.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:32 PM   #71
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post

"Decent road manners"? The ignorance is strong with this one. Any vette will easily outhandle any car made by BMW.

Hockenheim short laptimes:
E92M3 6MT 1:14.2
Corvette C6 1:14.8

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:34 PM   #72
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
thanx Yoda. Ever been to the Nürburgring? ROFLOL

"SPORT AUTO" doesn't mean AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION but the german carmag'Sportauto' I was referring to in my first post.ROFLMAO!!!!

How can I believe you, Yoda?
May the Force be with You!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordsch...test_lap_times
You know in the Wikipedia link YOU posted, it list the C6 at 7:59.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #73
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
The light weight is the reason it beats cars like the M3, without the weight difference it would just be another whale with a rocket ship attached.

Chevy likes to keep it a Goldfish with a rocket ship attached.

Also, if your looking for Modding.... i know that the 335i is known for its abilities but lets look at this.... after THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars, and blown warrantys... you get close to 400whp and 400lbft.... which is what you get with a STOCK corvette...

3k into the corvette and you've got 550hp in a 3200lb car.

Plus... and i know this is subjective, but imo there is nothing you can buy which will match the exhaust note on a Vette....

The C6 has so many CHEAP mods available, I've seen modded C6's reaching into the 10's. It's amazing.

Also oil changes = $65 at the dealership
BMW oil changes = $80+ if you do it YOURSELF, $300 at the stealership

Also +1000000 on the exhaust note. The C6/Z06 have the ANGRIEST exhaust note I've ever heard on a car. It's even better than the viper.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:38 PM   #74
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
as another member stated. Many of you who have a 335i could have just as easily gotten a vette so my question is how come none of u have one ? I'm not sAying this in a malicious manner or anything but just curious..
I have a kid, and wife. I almost jumped on a Z06 long ago, but then I thought about carrying my son in a 3,200lbs car with a fiber glass body, and 500+ HP and decided to make a "smart" sacrifice and get an E90 335i (which I canceled the order to when I found out about the HPFP problems and opted for an E92 328i).

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #75
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Cool

Quote:
Nurburgring laptimes:
E92M3 6MT 8:05
Corvette C6 MT 7:59

$20,000 more, and still can't win on the Nurburgring. How sad this must be for you.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #76
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
$20,000 more, and still can't win on the Nurburgring. How sad this must be for you.

(I'm not a Corvette hater)

Edit: The fastest Ring laptimes in streetcars are achieved by fellow Dutchmen(Tom Coronel and Michael Vergers) but not with a Corvette, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #77
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:

(I'm not a Corvette hater)

Edit: The fastest Ring laptimes in streetcars are achieved by fellow Dutchmen(Tom Coronel and Michael Vergers) but not with a Corvette, sorry.
Hey I like Dutchmen. Awesome drinkers!

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #78
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
If you ever listen to a C6R on a race track... it drowns out every other car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #79
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
+100000000000000000000000000000000

Watch this hahahahaha

Compare the fastest Nurburgring Lap times of any street legal BMW to a Corvette of the same $$ and you'll understand why Corvette owners laugh at BMW drivers.
That video has been favorited.

Did that guy have an orgasm? He made the sound of one 5-8 seconds into the video. That is one of the best pulls I've ever seen in my life.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #80
E92AXM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

OH MYY FU** . Holy shit what is 320km in mph???

That's insanity.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 02:21 PM   #81
CoolToolGuy
1er Happy Camper!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i,'07 X3

Quote:
Any gear, any speed, the car can throw you back in your seat and peel the skin on your face.

Get one.
Truth be told, there is nothing like the sound of a good American V8 with the right exhaust.

I really like the 'vette, but it has gained the reputation as "The old guys' sports car." Look at the majority of 'vette drivers and you'll see what I mean.

But what seals it for me - Have you ever seen a 'vette try to motor on in the rain? I have, and in SCCA Showroom Stock trim, a VW GTI will eat its lunch. Pretty much a deal-breaker. . .

Have Fun,
Rick
2009 135i (E82) Space Gray; Gray Leather; Steptronic w/paddles; Premium; Sport; CA - Dinan: Stage 2 ECU; Cold Air Intake; Oil Cooler; Susp. bushings; Strut Brace. - BMWPerf: Suspension; rotors front & rear; exhaust; grilles; sideskirts; trunk spoiler. BMW 261M wheels w/Sumitomo HTR ZIII. - Quaife: LSD. - Custom Graphics.
2007 X3 - 2002 Pontiac Montana
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 02:24 PM   #82
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post

Read it again and this time try and comprehend the words. No pro-BMW speak in there anywhere (I wouldn't have a 335i either). By decent road manners (vette) I mean it's quite compliant for general road use. That was a compliment in the fact it can be both docile and a terror. Not many cars can pull that one off.

Be careful throwing around words like ignorance. You just may run into someone one day in the flesh without the LCD screen to hide behind. But that's to be expected from the 1er crowd as per how unfriendly your website is to each other let alone any "outsider." Entry level car...entry level humans I guess.

BTW, leaf springs in F1. I hope that was just a joke on your part. Ever heard of a wishbone suspension with T bars, dampers, and coil springs? My god! Go back to entry-level land...please and thank you.

And for what it's worth, the vette with those massive tires has a lot to do with its lateral grip. I'm not knocking the vette. I'm not a vette kinda guy, but I appreciate it for what it is.
      02-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #83
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Talking

Quote:
Read it again and this time try and comprehend the words. No pro-BMW speak in there anywhere (I wouldn't have a 335i either). By decent road manners (vette) I mean it's quite compliant for general road use. That was a compliment in the fact it can be both docile and a terror. Not many cars can pull that one off.

Be careful throwing around words like ignorance. You just may run into someone one day in the flesh without the LCD screen to hide behind. But that's to be expected from the 1er crowd as per how unfriendly your website is to each other let alone any "outsider." Entry level car...entry level humans I guess.

BTW, leaf springs in F1. I hope that was just a joke on your part. Ever heard of a wishbone suspension with T bars, dampers, and coil springs? My god! Go back to entry-level land...please and thank you.

And for what it's worth, the vette with those massive tires has a lot to do with its lateral grip. I'm not knocking the vette. I'm not a vette kinda guy, but I appreciate it for what it is.

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #84
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
+100000000000000000000000000000000

Watch this hahahahaha

Here is a Video w/ the Corvette LS3 exhaust

Compare the fastest Nurburgring Lap times of any street legal BMW to a Corvette of the same $$ and you'll understand why Corvette owners laugh at BMW drivers.

I knew that first vid ROFLOL
Yes the Corvette is a very fast and relatively light piece of machinery with a nice pricetag. I know a few guys who own Z06's, excellent cars. Maybe a bit too extravagant and the interior is a bit crappy imho.

I really need 4 seats and a 'normal' representative car, where I live the Corvette is a bit 'too much', the M already is, that's why I have the M3 saloon.But then again, I 'd like to see a regular Corvette guy still laughing doing a Nordschleife lap and seeing me disappear in front of him.Chiao.LOL
Just like a few years ago the VW Polo GTI at my six and passing me in my former 330i, a local german, hahahaha

I've seen a lot of very fast cars on the Ring doing nothing but sightseeing....
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #85
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:

well same goes for you then, lets pray you never run into one of us "entry level people" on the street. .
as for being unfriendly to each other, no way. Ive never come across another 1addicts who was unfriendly.
As for being unfriendly to "outsiders", not unless they come in looking for a fight. With that, stay in the z4 forums douchebag :finger:
better yet, lets go for a drive so you can see your barly-a-///M get taken by a stock 135

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 07:23 PM   #86
Aija
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335Coupe 6-Speed!

funny...
before i leased the 335...i was thinking of buying an 08 vette LT2 package.

When my lease is up in 2010 i may consider a vette again seeing how i saw some 06 C6 vette get sold for 27k as of today.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #87
E92AXM
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Alright guys no reason for such hostility over the internet it wont get either of you to far.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2009, 09:21 PM   #88
Pirate
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Good question. I shun another 'Vette because there were no good dealerships in my area, a situation that has worsened with GM in financial trouble and dealerships closing shop. The only reason.

When pursuing a 'Vette, Corvette Forum is your best friend.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread