E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > First time on road course

07-23-2014, 09:55 PM   #23
fastaction
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Tight little track for a 3600lb- 400ish hp street car. I remember Gingerman having a few decreasing/increasing radius turns that needed track time to perfect. I too would try a different steering/seating position as well. As for a happy medium for track/street pads, that might be a tough one without compromise. Definitely do brake flushes regularly and get a good tire gauge when tracking your vehicle.
      10-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #24
Cloud9blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the potholes

Just got back from a weekend at the Gingerman. 2nd time at this particular track and did 3 half-days at Autobahn Country Club in the last few months which really helped me to know the car better.

Switched to PFC 01 pads for the front, which I should have done in the beginning. Awesome pads, and they bite real hard (take some times to get use to) with absolutely zero fade (still running the EBC yellow at the rear, so the pedal still gets a bit mushy by the 2nd day). They do wear rather quick though, only have about 30-40% left after two days. Gonna switch to the 08 compounds next year for both axels, hope they will last longer and easier to modulate.

Personal best was 1:47:35 and was consistently running sub 1:50 by the 2nd day. Have to say the harder I drive this car, the more impressed I am. Just have make sure to warm up those Hankook before pushing them (see the end the video)

Here's the video from the last session. The front tires are getting a little worn, so steering them was getting a bit handful by the end of the day.
Appreciate 0