E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Group of NYC bicyclists attack BMW in broad daylight, wild video shows

Closed Thread

12-30-2020, 01:37 PM   #23
Fined
ghost user
Rep
Drives: M2 | 997 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by six75LT View Post
somebody is causing damage to your property & may possibly have the intent to hurt you and the thing you're most concerned about is that other persons wellbeing?
While I am physically inside my car and they are physically on the outside, as I said, I'd be trying to get out of there without hurting anyone. The car itself is meaningless. It's just an object. And an object that is fully insured.

I would not gain something by hurting anyone else. And my ego is not so weak that I need to "teach a lesson" to anyone else.

I get it though, a land of tough guys who live in the western mythology of "how the west was won".. I'll show them! I'll teach them! I'm tough. Like a bunch of middle schoolers.
Appreciate 1
Noneya251.50
      12-30-2020, 01:38 PM   #24
Mingwan
Major
Rep
Drives: X1 Individual custom paint

Cant say I’m surprised. Same state where an old lady got lit on fire as a joke, and a teenage girl got beaten unconscious by a bunch of other teenagers for seemingly no reason other than to take her shoes and shit if I’m not mistaken. From what my friends tell me who have lived there, stuff like this happens frequently.

and they’re cyclists lol....Guy probably honked at the cyclists for doing what they usually do which is ride in the middle of the street slow af with what seems to be zero awareness or care of surrounding traffic. They probably got butthurt they got honked at and just found out they’re only getting 600 stimulus checks
Appreciate 1
CYANiDE167.00
      12-30-2020, 01:40 PM   #25
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hockey4 View Post
well I didn't...I would pull my gun whenever my property or family is being threatened. Would I shoot ? Guess it depends on if they walked away or continued.

Whats wrong with the US is saying "this is ok, police won't do anything, nor should citizens, I mean insurance ? "

who take strong offense to harm towards their property, to the point of wanting to cause physical injury to others

When they are standing out your house, about to burn it down (that happened quite a few times) Take you wife and kids to Ihop, and call insurance next day...I mean its just a house ?

nm you are not in US lol
Justify it however you want but I find the idea that you would be willing to kill some teenagers because they damage your car pathetic. You tell the police you killed them and leave feeling like it was justified, are proud of your actions, telling your family and friends that on the way home from work you killed some people because they damaged your car.

You are mistaken in the belief that allowing people to kill others if they damage their property is the solution to the problem.

No this doesn't compare to people outside your house preparing to burn it down.

Quote:
Whats wrong with the US is saying "this is ok, police won't do anything, nor should citizens, I mean insurance ? "

Quote:
nm you are not in US lol
Noneya251.50
Fast.F10513.50
      12-30-2020, 01:44 PM   #26
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
The kids used their bikes as weapons, how would the police react if the driver did the same? What about the NYC motorcyclists that chased an SUV on the interstate and then on a side street? They trashed the SUV then rode off. .
this video
Appreciate 1
tcphoto3537.00
      12-30-2020, 01:46 PM   #27
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Pinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Justify it however you want but I find the idea that you would be willing to kill some teenagers because they damage your car pathetic. You tell the police you killed them and leave feeling like it was justified, are proud of your actions, telling your family and friends that on the way home from work you killed some people because they damaged your car.

You are mistaken in the belief that allowing people to kill others if they damage their property is the solution to the problem.

No this doesn't compare to people outside your house preparing to burn it down.

I changed my response. WTF are talking about proud or calling folks ? I said I'd pull 9mm, never said shoot....see my changed response (or original). Others here did say they'd run over or shoot, jump their shit. You dont know me

I also said I would protect my family with 9mm, never said I'd just start shooting (I take my conceal carry very seriously)...I assume they'd stop and move on.

Fragile ? Egos ? wtf....I'd would have been scared for my life in that situation..as would wife and kids. Also house and car, both property, both insured, as long as there is no loss of life

yea #WeAreDivided
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #28
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fined View Post

Even in this thread it's clear there are some emotionally fragile folks who take strong offense to harm towards their property, to the point of wanting to cause physical injury to others. It's just a car. If you can get out of the situation without harming other people, but you'd choose to hurt someone else physically.. it says a lot about why the US is such an awful place.
I think many of us in the states are tired of these entitled little sh!ts thinking they can do anything and get away with it b/c the current state of the country and the heightened racial tensions. I'm 46 and NONE of us would do things like this for fear of the law, and our parents wrath.
Nowadays, the youth of the US dont have that fear
Appreciate 4
Smgs1992720.00
Dpc2u11503.00
King Rudi13154.00
      12-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #29
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

So many good points here but at no point does the driver know how far they are gonna take it. I can tell you right now if I was being attacked like this and especially if my kids were in the car I'm taking action. How do i know they won't get more violent...am i supposed to sit around and find out. F That!. I would have put the car in gear and drove off. If there are injuries it is on them for threatening my life and my children. The people that support doing nothing because it may harm the person trying to maybe harm you is ridiculous. I will speak freely and say if someone is seriously injured i hold no guilt. You threatened me and my kids and my only way out was driving away.
Appreciate 7
Smgs1992720.00
Dpc2u11503.00
F30lolz6798.50
twin fed1175.50
DETRoadster11462.50
      12-30-2020, 01:52 PM   #30
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I changed my response. WTF are talking about proud or calling folks ? I said I'd pull 9mm, never said shoot....see my changed response (or original). Others here did say they'd run over or shoot, jump their shit. You dont know me

I also said I would protect my family with 9mm, never said I'd just start shooting (I take my conceal carry very seriously)...I assume they'd stop and move on.

Fragile ? Egos ? wtf....I'd would have been scared for my life in that situation..as would wife and kids. Also house and car, both property
This is what you said and what I replied to -
Quote:
Would I shoot ? Guess it depends on if they walked away or continued.
You said it, not sure why you are now questioning why I replied to it. If you are willing to kill people over it you should be fine with telling people you did it. You have now changed your reply but none of this should confuse you.
      12-30-2020, 01:53 PM   #31
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
So many good points here but at no point does the driver know how far they are gonna take it. I can tell you right now if I was being attacked like this and especially if my kids were in the car I'm taking action. How do i know they won't get more violent...am i supposed to sit around and find out. F That!. I would have put the car in gear and drove off. If there are injuries it is on them for threatening my life and my children. The people that support doing nothing because it may harm the person trying to maybe harm you is ridiculous. I will speak freely and say if someone is seriously injured i hold no guilt. You threatened me and my kids and my only way out was driving away.
My number one thought having lived near NYC and other large cities is:
-are they pulling me or my wife out a window or the sunroof.
Therefore I would not be hanging around long enough to find out
Appreciate 1
CYANiDE167.00
      12-30-2020, 01:59 PM   #32
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

They were beating the shit out of the car, 2 footed through front windshield, and this has to be discussed.

smh @ this country

again David, go respond to folks that said they'd run over or shoot them, I never said that.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 02:03 PM   #33
Fined
ghost user
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
I think many of us in the states are tired of these entitled little sh!ts thinking they can do anything and get away with it b/c the current state of the country and the heightened racial tensions. I'm 46 and NONE of us would do things like this for fear of the law, and our parents wrath.
Nowadays, the youth of the US dont have that fear
I lived in the US for 38 years. All over the US. I'm not confused about anything there or not getting the context. I do get it.

It's not your job, or my job, or anything elses job to teach strangers a lesson.
I'm tired of a lot of things too. That doesn't somehow morph into being a vigilante. Nor does it morph into coming up with stories about how so and so "might have done xyz next".

Being tired of something is not a free pass to start physically harming people who lack home training. I do see problems with how youth are behaving. I see worse problems with how the grown ups are behaving. I see a lot of privileged folks looking for any opportunity they can get to intimidate others with weapons, or using the police as a weapon.

Someone commented previously they would flash their piece in order to resolve a situation. It's a picture perfect example of US foreign policy. Escalation and intimidation. Pathetic.
Appreciate 2
DrKevM52273.50
Skoidat69280.00
      12-30-2020, 02:07 PM   #34
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC, '14 X1 35i M sport

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smgs1992 View Post
Run them over or shoot them. People like that dont deserve to breath
After your first sentence I'm not super confident that you do.
Appreciate 1
Fined243.00
      12-30-2020, 02:08 PM   #35
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

Perhaps someone will come forward and let us know what led up to the attack. Did the driver do something to provoke it or was it simply a random act? I saw no mention of these things in the article.
      12-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #36
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They were beating the shit out of the car, 2 footed through front windshield, and this has to be discussed.

smh @ this country

again David, go respond to folks that said they'd run over or shoot them, I never said that.
You said it, I quoted you, you pointed out you changed your response, now you say you never said it. Anyone that cares can read it and see it, no point in trying to backtrack now.
      12-30-2020, 02:12 PM   #37
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
Perhaps someone will come forward and let us know what led up to the attack. Did the driver do something to provoke it or was it simply a random act? I saw no mention of these things in the article.
Slightly more details here: https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...vve-story.html

Teenagers do something stupid, grown man responds like a stupid teenager which results in an injury to the stupid teenagers. Chaos ensues.
Appreciate 1
CYANiDE167.00
      12-30-2020, 02:14 PM   #38
Dlpfcb
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noneya View Post
After your first sentence I'm not super confident that you do.
Really? Oh so you would sit there since they had you surrounded and find out what they are gonna do next. This is the problem with our country right here. See it all the time a random person being beaten, what do people do? Pull out there phone and film it. Being attacked is being attacked! If a robber is beating at my house breaking my windows trying to get in are you gonna watch them and do nothing? A car is no different, they are being attacked and driving off is what any normal person should do. Not sit there and think....oh I might hurt them if I drive off. Guess what they may kill you. Let me sit it out and find out if I end up in a hospital. Wow!
Appreciate 1
Smgs1992720.00
      12-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #39
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
You said it, I quoted you, you pointed out you changed your response, now you say you never said it. Anyone that cares can read it and see it, no point in trying to backtrack now.
My response stays, I never said I would pull the gun and start shooting, stop trying to indicate otherwise.

You didn't catch shit, I changed and your quote said what I said above, I'd stop the threat to my family, hopefully by removing my firearm.

What I said first time, in changed quote, and again now.

Now, go quote folks that said they'd shoot/floor it right away, and stop being a dick.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2020, 02:17 PM   #40
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

“Two (bicyclists) grab onto a car driving by to catch a ride,” Witness Dr. Daniel Winarick, who posted one of the videos, tweeted. “The driver breaks & 1 of the bikers crashes into something, resulting in a bloody lip.”

Bloody lip !! Ok fine I take back everything, eye for an eye

“Woman was shaking & in tears, ‘We were trapped, there was so much violence, I thought I was going to die.’”

nahhhh just an insurance event.

This thread explains why I got off social media and internet in general..congrats smh

Last edited by 4Hockey4; 12-30-2020 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #41
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlpfcb View Post
Really? Oh so you would sit there since they had you surrounded and find out what they are gonna do next. This is the problem with our country right here. See it all the time a random person being beaten, what do people do? Pull out there phone and film it. Being attacked is being attacked! If a robber is beating at my house breaking my windows trying to get in are you gonna watch them and do nothing? A car is no different, they are being attacked and driving off is what any normal person should do. Not sit there and think....oh I might hurt them if I drive off. Guess what they may kill you. Let me sit it out and find out if I end up in a hospital. Wow!
It's an all-American phenomenon of extreme failure of imagination, where your only two imaginable options to property damage are kill or be killed.

You're in a 300hp metal cage - slowly drive away being careful not to run people over. Have your passenger call the cops while you do. It's not hard.
Appreciate 1
Fined243.00
      12-30-2020, 02:20 PM   #42
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fined View Post
I lived in the US for 38 years. All over the US. I'm not confused about anything there or not getting the context. I do get it.

It's not your job, or my job, or anything elses job to teach strangers a lesson.
I'm tired of a lot of things too. That doesn't somehow morph into being a vigilante. Nor does it morph into coming up with stories about how so and so "might have done xyz next".

Being tired of something is not a free pass to start physically harming people who lack home training. I do see problems with how youth are behaving. I see worse problems with how the grown ups are behaving. I see a lot of privileged folks looking for any opportunity they can get to intimidate others with weapons, or using the police as a weapon.

Someone commented previously they would flash their piece in order to resolve a situation. It's a picture perfect example of US foreign policy. Escalation and intimidation. Pathetic.
LOL. Have to love when Europeans have this attitude towards the USA.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 3
Fined243.00
MKSixer34184.50
RickFLM410979.50
      12-30-2020, 02:24 PM   #43
Noneya
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2021 X5MC  [0.00]
Quote:
“Two (bicyclists) grab onto a car driving by to catch a ride,” Witness Dr. Daniel Winarick, who posted one of the videos, tweeted. “The driver breaks & 1 of the bikers crashes into something, resulting in a bloody lip.”

Bloody lip !! Ok fine I take back everything, eye for an eye

“Woman was shaking & in tears, ‘We were trapped, there was so much violence, I thought I was going to die.’”

nahhhh just an insurance event.
This is a funny response from someone whose reaction is "oh they might kill me with their bicycles - I have to respond by pulling out a gun". The bicyclists must have seen it exactly the same way: "oh I got lucky and it's a bloody lip, but what he did could've easily killed me".

Note, that I'm not implying that either of the above reactions is smart. Both are dumb.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 02:25 PM   #44
Fined
ghost user
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
LOL. Have to love when Europeans have this attitude towards the USA.

I'm in no way European. I was born in the midwest and lived all over the US. Big cities like Atlanta and Miami, and smaller places like Louisville and Pensacola. But do please tell us all more about how you know me.
Appreciate 1
David701567.00
Closed Thread