E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Will it be big enough?

07-07-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
Deutsch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Will it be big enough?

My Mom knows how much I love BMW's, and today as we were driving around in Malibu I told her how much I'm anticipating the new 1er coupe, she said from what she saw she thought it would be "way too small" for me(I'm 6'5"), but I told her with cars, looking from the outside in isn't enough, as a cars interior dimensions can be masked very heavily by its exterior dimesions(i.e. the MINI). Of course being a Mom she completely disregarded the true statement and replied with, "i don't know why you'd ever get a car that small!?!?!" Don't think she'll get it now or ever, we'll see how she does when I finally do get my MINI or 1er coupe and freaks when I say "Hey Mom, lets go to dinner. I'll drive!"

At the same time I'm a little concerned about keeping this car over the long haul and starting a family later on down the road, but I guess that's what the wifey's car is for = the kiddies. I'd never buy an SUV unless it was an X5, and would never buy a truck, and I don't ever want to buy a car bigger than a 5er. Just think it gets obnoxious beyond a certain point(S-class, bluhhhhh- nice car though!).
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2007, 09:27 PM   #2
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Ah big saloons on the open road are great - I'll take an A8L if you tell me I have to drive Interstates all day. But the 1er has a 104" wheelbase - the backseats will be fine for kids. Both of my kids loved the '91 Sentra SE-R I had and it's much smaller than the 1er.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
Flugtechnik
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

A former coworker of mine is 6'4" and he drives an Elise! Many people have pointed to the picture of Hans Stuck in the red 135 coming off of the Ring to show that there is plenty of room inside.

I have two kids, but my wife always drives them around. However, since I may have to drive them somewhere every once in a while, any new car I get has to have some kind of back seat. But, it doesn't have to be super comfortable. If we go on a trip, we will take my wife's car. I am even considering a 2001 911, since it technically has a back seat. I'm not ready to give up the daily fun of a great little car just so an occasional backseat rider will be really comfortable.
Appreciate 0