E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Only in LA... Cops Gun Down Owners Dog In Front of Him

07-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #89
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
No one is saying the owner is innocent in all of this. He is an idiot.

All the taser has to do is give the cops a window to grab the leash. It doesn't have to completely subdue to the dog.
If they were there for an animal call, sure that would have been an appropraite action. BUT the were dealing with a raid/armed robber(depending on the source) noone was prepared to deal with some random animal. And you cant expect an officer to put AWAY one weapon to grab another that quickly.

And lets say the officer did grab the leash. then what? you have a pissed off dog who is being taken away from his owner, and hes on a normal leash, cops dont keep muzzels in their cars. Are they supposed to go to the guys car, and roll up his windows and turn the A/C on(california summer) and Leave the dog their????? Or maybe they could have a deputy hold the leash and wait for animal control to show up hoping he doesnt get bit.. seems like a good use of ones time. IMO the right call was made, i hope this POS pet owner never gets another animal to kill.

My point wasn't that the owner was an idiot, everyone can clearly see that. Its that i believe that he was actively TRYING to get arrested so that he could sue the police dept. again, and succeeded. He's probably better off now than if he was just arrested and beaten.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #90
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Well, I was not very clear. What I meant by "other animals" was the the animals of other people, the their animal race/type compared to other animal race/type.

By that I mean, now most dog-people are sad for the animal because the animal in the incident is a dog and those people have/like dogs. If it was another animal (not in this specific situation), they probably would not care. Take a snake for example, I like reptiles and can attach to them, if a snake was killed, many would not care, but it also is an animal.
Ah, i see what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzibit a View Post
I think all of you except the one person that posted the link from this guys previous settlement are missing the point.

This after reading more background information, and post incident interviews, its clear to me that the guy was "trying" to get arrested. He got a million bucks from the last run-in with the police( i know little about that incident). So now he provokes officers by "pushing" limits of his "rights" knowing that other people are filming it so he will have proof of the officers being "violent." In one interview the owner claimed that he recognized one of the cops as being one involved in the prior incident. And that they singled him out because of who he was. Does this make sense to you guys? looks to me like he was the only one causing a scene while others were on the other side of the street NOT interfering/causing a distraction.

I could go on but This irresponsible dog owner was fishing for a lawsuit. He now has one and knowing that he has large sum of money from the last settlement, he will probably get a good lawyer and win another large sum of money. American greed at its finest.

It made me sick to watch the poor innocent dog die. But the cops actions are justified. An agitated large dog is not something you want on the loose to create a public safety concern.

Also to all the idiots that suggest that the cop should have put his gun away and pulled out his taser/pepper spray(assuming he had one). Clearly have not done research as it is not an effective means of controlling an agitated animal.
So if this this guy was looking to get arrested and file a wrongful arrest suite against the police and that one of the officers knew this guy from the previous incident; don't you think that the police should make sure that all possible t's are crossed and i's dotted when making this arrest? Maybe be a little slower on the trigger finger?

Look at the video again and you'll see cop II checking out the dog in the car when cop I was cuffing the dog owner. He seemed to have some concern about the dog and dismissed it. He could clearly see that the window were down enough for the dog to get out and at that point could have had the dog owner secure his dog while under their supervision. They could have cuffed him and walked him over to the car to put up the windows for him. They could have done something.

But as i stated before, once the dog got out of the car and rushed the cops his chances of survival were very low.

A question for you though... because i love being called an idiot from random internet geniuses.... you don't think pepper spray that can debilitate a 250 pound man and drive away a 600 pound bear can keep a dog at bay?

Here is some taser action for you as well... and you can see what cops without an itchy trigger finger did in a more intense situation.

This last one is a great example of how a taser in this case could be used. Immobilize the dog, get the leash and tie it to a street sign and call in animal services.

Either way, what happened in Hawthorn would play out the same way probably 95 times out of 100 once the dog was out of the car.

Somebody please shoot, taser or pepper spray this thread!
      07-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #91
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
poor pooch just trying to protect his owner. bad decision making right there on LAPD.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #92
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Everyone here appears to be an expert and would know exactly what to do in a situation like this.
      07-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #93
badazzm
Lieutenant
India
Rep
Drives: RRS GT2

Pussy ass officers. Dumb mother f*ucking owner. Poor dog!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #94
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Everyone here appears to be an expert and would know exactly what to do in a situation like this.
cop should have told that dog to chill out while he grabs his pepper spray..simple amirite?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #95
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

All the humans in this video are motherfuckers.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."

Last edited by Brunotheboxer; 07-08-2013 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 07:02 PM   #96
xzibit a
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
cop should have told that dog to chill out while he puts his gun away and grabs his pepper spray..simple amirite?
QFT!!!!! i fixed it for you though
Appreciate 0