E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Critique my dating style (very long)

04-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #23
Flyingfart
Just as when I found my car, they changed it.
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90-330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedean786
Further proof that no matter how much a girl claims she wants a nice guy in the end they like the ones who push them around....
I dont know what message board your on, but last I read Mr. Wannabe Nice guy didnt get any. Maybe you meant they dont like to be pushed around!
TYPO error, I understand, fat fingers ~!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:07 PM   #24
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedean786
Further proof that no matter how much a girl claims she wants a nice guy in the end they like the ones who push them around....
My sentiments exactly. Might as well have girls for f*ck buddies as oppose to girl freinds. As I have said in the past, the quality of females is at an all time low. shake your to that.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:10 PM   #25
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep
Drives: White Lightning

To those that say be nice and caring etc. obviously miss the distinction between insulting someone and setting standards for yourself. Plus you have to accept reality and move away from the ideals of a utopian world. What works works. These are the same people that say money doesn't bring happiness, etc.
      04-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #26
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfart
I dont know what message board your on, but last I read Mr. Wannabe Nice guy didnt get any. Maybe you meant they dont like to be pushed around!
TYPO error, I understand, fat fingers ~!
I'm not sure exactly what your saying, but I think what he was trying to say (if I read your reply correctly and what I've garnered from reading his) is that girls constantly whine about not finding/having the "nice guy" but at the same time they won't stop dealing w/ the "bad guys" (guys that aren't good for them), given this one dudes experience just adds further proof to the fact that females don't know what the hell they want and that rather be mistreated that treated w/ kindness and respect.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:13 PM   #27
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfart
From the quick read I did, I can say you're a jerk! and a smack for a date!

you called a girl evil and continually bust her chops!
she got even with you! at the end thinking you are going to make out
and left you with your D*ck hanging!

if you want to be successful in dating, I suggest treating your dates like your sisters, and the rest of the game will follow.

Ive seen a movie once "All About Mary" the guys advice to be a better date is to jerk off, yes! thats the one !, before you go out on a date so that your D*ck doesnt do the thinking and talking for you.

Try it! it might surprise you, better yet! do it twice, so to be sure it works.

sorry its IMHO of course!
I can't disagree more. So I should be upset she didn't sleep with me the 1st night? Sorry, but I do respect a girl who can control herself. If I let my dick do the thinking I would have not been indifferent and tried to get on her within the first 3 hours of our date.
      04-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #28
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slubu
To those that say be nice and caring etc. obviously miss the distinction between insulting someone and setting standards for yourself. Plus you have to accept reality and move away from the ideals of a utopian world. What works works. These are the same people that say money doesn't bring happiness, etc.
Only trying to rationalize your behavior, and you don't know any of us to say what kind of people we are. Being an ass is being an ass, period. Not everyone lives the life of an asshole, get it straight.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:19 PM   #29
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m666
Girls do this all the time, they fall for this tactic. I'm sure some girls here will disagree with me, but girls like being with someone who is confident and sadly, some dudes talk like this guy to elevate himself. Like putting someone down to make yourself look better. It's weak, but it works.

Anyway back to this dude- what do you want, a cookie?

lol, "NEW" huh? What a trailblazer you are.....

I don't argee with everything Tom Leykis says, but he's been advocating this stuff for the past 10 years.
Apparently I cannot have a new belief for myself? Thus the "new" portion of it. I have obviously seen jerks etc. for many years. The fact that I have adopted a new method that yields results does not mean I am claiming it to be mine.

Society is based on a series of social interactions, causing the results of those interactions to program one's mind. If one method of character yields considerably higher results than another, how is it in anybody's best interest to go against it?
      04-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #30
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Why the hell did you ask us to critique your character if you're gonna come up w/ all kinds of rebuttles for every individual that disagrees your actions? Get over yourself first, then get over it.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #31
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
Only trying to rationalize your behavior, and you don't know any of us to say what kind of people we are. Being an ass is being an ass, period. Not everyone lives the life of an asshole, get it straight.
Um ok. This e-arguing is not that productive for anyone. But to those who commented, negatively or positively, I do appreciate it as it helps me see different perceptions. Thanks to all.
      04-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #32
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-4life
Why the hell did you ask us to critique your character if you're gonna come up w/ all kinds of rebuttles for every individual that disagrees your actions? Get over yourself first, then get over it.
I believe it was critique my dating style. I can talk about my beliefs all day long though, and now I'm losing track at work. This e90 board...
      04-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #33
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
I believe it was critique my dating style. I can talk about my beliefs all day long though, and now I'm losing track at work. This e90 board...
And through your dating style reveals at an even deeper level your character.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:27 PM   #34
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
It's fine to play games and have "strategies" and "tactics" when you are young (to a limit).

But when you are ready to have a meaningful, long-term relationship, you'd be wise to just be yourself.

Otherwise, you're going to wake up one day when you're 40 with a lot of notches in your belt and nobody next to you.

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:42 PM   #35
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP

its funny were a bunch of guys talking about how/what women like/dislike. and its funny people are getting heated over this.

where are our three (i think?) resident girls on the board? lets here what they have to say. to me i think its pretty simple...

girls want what they cant have. its in their nature to compete. and slubu is just "playing the game." and that shouldnt really refelct on his character. its just how things are weather we like it or not. its just adopting to the enviornment. hes not in his 40's or anything he's young let him have his fun. and im not saying 40 is old im just saying they have different priorities. and thats his game. and we all have ours. some are similar and some are different. but we all have the same goal. whats the big deal?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:47 PM   #36
slubu
Never Go Full Retard
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieJ
its funny were a bunch of guys talking about how/what women like/dislike. and its funny people are getting heated over this.

where are our three (i think?) resident girls on the board? lets here what they have to say. to me i think its pretty simple...

girls want what they cant have. its in their nature to compete. and slubu is just "playing the game." and that shouldnt really refelct on his character. its just how things are weather we like it or not. its just adopting to the enviornment. hes not in his 40's or anything he's young let him have his fun. and im not saying 40 is old im just saying they have different priorities. and thats his game. and we all have ours. some are similar and some are different. but we all have the same goal. whats the big deal?
somehow you managed to explain my point in unsurpassed succinctity. kudos to you sir.
      04-07-2006, 04:48 PM   #37
noflash
Captain Caveman
Rep
Drives: '06 325eyeyiyi

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Maybe people have had bad experiences with all this fake, plastic, game-playing, BS?

E90 325i Monaco Blue, Black Leatherette, Sport, Cold Weather, Xenon, Sat Prep, 18" BBS RGR
Mods: Polorized Film for Business CD, added lumbar, rock chip on hood
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #38
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
Maybe people have had bad experiences with all this fake, plastic, game-playing, BS?
I have.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 04:58 PM   #39
BiggieJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335 ZSPZPPOPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by noflash
i think weve all had bad experiences with this... but thats how life rolls sometimes. nothing we can do about it but adopt and hope nice guys wont finish last. thats how it is and there really isnt much we can do about it.

but if there was someone to blame its all those damn girls...damn evil girls, looking all good. and dont even get me started with alcohol and dating...

...you know who invented beer right? an ugly girl.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #40
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I guess I'll chime in here. It's cool to tease a girl but not pick on her all the time. You dont wanna be nice all the time cus they'll walk all over you. As for when she asked you whether you've cleaned your house to impress her, you coulda been a little nicer. I've heard a lot about these "games" people are playing but I've never seen it played out. Im personally not a fan of these "games". Unless you're in it for the thrill, there's no point of playing it. It's all fun and games 'til somebody gets hurt.

PS- Seems like Slubu doesnt care/doesnt want to get into anything serious. He's just going with the flow.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 05:06 PM   #41
Matbrach
Trophy Husband - Honorable Mention
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 330i. X5 4.8

--Many young women make dramatic changes in their self-images and their behavior. Carol Gilligan, a Harvard researcher, has called this process "hitting the wall," which is made of blocks containing all the negative messages young women receive from society about their bodies, their minds, and their worth. Through this process, they begin to recognize that the world functions in terms of power dynamics and that it is women who do not possess the power (Debold, Wilson, and Malave 1993, p. 14).--

Thats great - lets keep women down by treating them how they have been treated for thousands of years.

Maybe you are mature enough to imagine it was your daughter that was dating someone like you - do you really think what you are doing is right.

I personally think you are experiencing cognitive dissonance - hence the post here for validation.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 05:07 PM   #42
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
Rep
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke

Quote:
I'll just run through my date from last night. I am curious how different guys and girls perceive my tactics/actions. I'm always up for learning and taking criticism. I can also give my thought process behind my actions if interested.

Girl left voicemail around 8pm. Called her back when I got out of the gym at 9pm, told her to come over but dress casual as I can only hang out for a couple of hours. Showered, got dressed nice, she came over. I have a dog so my dog went nuts barking at her, I told her it was because she was evil. The Laker game was in overtime so I said let's watch this then go.

Game ended, we left to go down to Newport and walk by the beach. Got some comments on the E90 obviously and she was intrigued by the whole Euro Delivery. Parked, walked along the pier for awhile, all the time busting her balls and calling her out on her comments, etc. She called me a jerk so I asked would you like me to stop and she said no. I continued busting her chops.

We came back to my place, made some drinks and chit chatted about random things. Note that not once did I touch her, at all, yet. We sat on the couch and I leaned away from her the whole time. After about 15 minutes I just told her to come here and she did. Cuddled up against me for a bit, etc. She asked if I cleaned the house to impress her, and I said no as I have no desire to impress her. She kinda made a face and said why the hell not, blah blah. Wanting to quiet her down, I just grabbed her and made out with her (worked like a charm).

Then, the best move in the book. We were talking about movies and asked her if she has seen Alfie. She said no, I said well you should let's watch it. After she agreed I got up and she asked what I was doing - I said well the DVD player downstairs doesn't work so we'll have to watch it in my room. The DVD player obviously works downstairs.

We got through 2 minutes of Alfie in my room before some I guess she was a bit of a good girl, as she stopped my progressions after a point. Respectable.

Thoughts/comments?

Since you live in L.A. I would say listen to Tom Lekis around 3 to 7 on 97.1 FM (especially on Thursday for Lekis 101)...you'll get more ass then toilet seat after learning all the tricks of the trade
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #43
m666
Rep
Drives: X5

I never told you to stop or advised against it. I don't knock anyone trying to hustle. I just think you're way to happy with yourself over something so minor. I just don't think it's notable, no big deal.

If it worked for you, isn't that all that matters? Why do you need anyone else to critique you? Like I said, just sounds like your all too happy over something so little. Take is easy there playa. Bottom line, you only got what she was willing to give. As much as we men like to think we're in the driver seat, the girl gets the final say. That's why I think you should get over it already.

Just do it. There's no parade for you here.

Btw, you're in Newport so trust it that you check out Peirce St. Annex? Total meat market and you'd understand that what you're doing is no big deal.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2006, 06:48 PM   #44
m666
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine
Since you live in L.A. I would say listen to Tom Lekis around 3 to 7 on 97.1 FM (especially on Thursday for Lekis 101)...you'll get more ass then toilet seat after learning all the tricks of the trade
That's what I"m saying, this kid doesn't know anything. Gets all happy over nothing. Lekis will school him and he'll realize how lame is game actually is.
Appreciate 0