E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > E92 320i 170 HP with no starting condition

02-25-2023, 11:58 AM   #1
Sorin005
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series E92 320i

Exclamation E92 320i 170 HP with no starting condition

Hi guys, I'm new around this forum. I just bought an E92 320i with a known no running condition. I'll try to give you all the details that I have until now about the car condition.
So, the car cranks with no signs of start with check engine and service lights on.
I discovered that 3/4 injectors were leaking fuel and that the harness for one coil was shot. My first tought was that the spark plugs were getting soaked in fuel hence the no start condition. So, I decided to swap all 4 of them along side new spark plugs and coils and I repaired the harness. All of the injectors were coded. While swapping the spark plugs I did a compression test on all four pistons. One piston was a bit off then others but all of them were in good condition.

I tried to start the car. After a few cranks it started for like 4-5 seconds, running very bad, then it died. I tried to start it the second time, with the car having exactly the same symptoms but this time I aplied throtle with no response from the engine.
After all of this I got myself a K+Dcan cable with inpa to read the fault codes. I got a 30C3 Motoroldrucksensor, signal; 29F3 Kraftstoffdrucksensor, elektrisch and 2 unknown errors, one regarding brakes booster I think and the other one about Nullgangsensor Schaltkreis, hoch.

This is all that I have done by now. Any idea or opinion would be welcome.
Now, I'm thinking to drain the oil and change fuel/oil filter and to drop the oil pan to check the condition of the oil pump and the piston walls if I can see them from the bottom. Or should I check the oil presure sensor and change it if necessary first and then try to start it again?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 03:12 AM   #2
4bangersketti
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 320i

I know this is old, but have you had any luck getting your car fixed?
Appreciate 0