E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Brand new Ferrari 458 gets crushed by Ford pickup

01-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
If you watch the vid the Ferrari driver says the truck jumped out... U come down to FL and deal with these red necks that suck at driving.... My car disappears in their blind spot.... Im constantly dodging them everyday...
This. I hate bro trucks and their drivers (for the most part) - in my book, they're no different than ricers and wrong-badge-phags.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 10:19 AM   #24
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Still a truck like that is so high it can barley see that car...

you must have some terrible drivers around you.

I have better visibility out of my truck than with any car I have ever driven.

02-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #25
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Still a truck like that is so high it can barley see that car...
I don't understand what you're saying. Of course they'll have a hard time seeing the car when it's underneath the truck, but other than that, the truck has much better visibility when it comes to seeing anything that isn't right up against them. It's at stock height.... Have you ever driven an F150?

The Ferrari was overtaking illegally, and probably got visually lost behind a vehicle in between the two participants in the accident. Regardless of how the pickup "jumped out", if the Ferrari wasn't illegally overtaking, this never would have happened.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #26
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

I heard from someone who apparently saw it that the truck made that left without seeing the Ferrari and ate it..

Very typical for Florida drivers..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #27
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
I heard from someone who apparently saw it that the truck made that left without seeing the Ferrari and ate it..

Very typical for Florida drivers..
I know, right? I hate Florida drivers - they're all idiots.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #28
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I did a contract job in Orlando for about 6 months after whatever the last big hurricane was and yes the drivers blow over there. I know Orlando is full of tourists but I am pretty sure the ones I growled at were local. 10 miles under the speed limit seemed like the norm.

Shot my six gun in the air as I crossed the Texas state line when returning to Dallas. Y'alls BBQ blows too.
      02-01-2011, 03:44 PM   #29
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
People just don't understand... I have been rear ended very badly.. Thank God it wasnt in the BMW.... But I have to drive 30 to 40 mins one way to go anywhere down here to get stuff done.. In PA a 5 min drive and I could get done what ever I had to do... And I live in Bradenton/ Sarasorta area.. Its not in the middle of nowhere...

I pull out of my devlopment and its 60mph and then I hit the Hwy and if you arent doing 75 ta 80 ur getting run off the road... Its crazy but I love it...

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #30
ENINTY
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sport

While the crash is still being investigated, it’s thought that the driver of the 458 Italia was attempting to pass illegally across a double yellow line to get into a turning lane when it came into contact with the pickup

Nuff said.

Eninty - My other car is a F150.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #31
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENINTY View Post
While the crash is still being investigated, it’s thought that the driver of the 458 Italia was attempting to pass illegally across a double yellow line to get into a turning lane when it came into contact with the pickup

Nuff said.

Eninty - My other car is a F150.
Regardless of where the Ferrari was in the lane, how does that absolve the F150 driver AT ALL for entering the traffic flow without making sure it was safe to do so first? "Oh wait, that Ferrari is illegally passing, so I can just go ahead and jump in front of him." WTH?

Sorry, the F150 driver still bears much of the fault in this accident.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #32
ENINTY
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Regardless of where the Ferrari was in the lane, how does that absolve the F150 driver AT ALL for entering the traffic flow without making sure it was safe to do so first? "Oh wait, that Ferrari is illegally passing, so I can just go ahead and jump in front of him." WTH?

Sorry, the F150 driver still bears much of the fault in this accident.
So maybe you don't ride a motorcycle, but the first rule of motorcycling is to keep yourself visible to other traffic at all times (as much as possible). So what you don't do is cross a double solid yellow line in a no-passing zone therefore keeping yourself visible to other traffic. The Ferrari is just like a motorcycle; it's twice as fast as most other vehicles, it can perform at higher levels than most vehicles, which can entice the driver to think he has enough power to safely pass on a double solid yellow line, and the Ferrari is small and easy lost by other drivers in traffic.

I would suspect the driver of the F150 looked left and saw a car or truck far enough away that he could pull out in front of it, then looked right, saw no on-coming traffic, looked left again saw the same car/truck as before but now while the Ferrari was passing it illegally, so the F150 driver didn't see the Ferrari because there shouldn't have been a car in the far lane illegally passing the car/truck the F150 was concentrating on and pulled out as the Ferrari was coming around the car/truck and bump goes the Ferrari hood. By law the F150 driver does not have to look for traffic where he doesn't expect it to be (it doesn't measn if he sees it that he can just cause an accident).

And no, if the Ferrari was in an illegal spot on the road, it is not that the F150 driver "still bears much of thefault of this accident"; it was entirely the Fault of Mr. Ferrari.

Many a dead motorcyclist has had the same attitude as yours...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 12:11 PM   #33
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
So maybe you don't ride a motorcycle, but the first rule of motorcycling is to keep yourself visible to other traffic at all times (as much as possible).
I do ride.....

Quote:

Many a dead motorcyclist has had the same attitude as yours...
Only those that think that riding a motorcycle gives them license to ride illegally (like crossing double yellow lines to pass, ignoring speed limits, pass zones, etc.....) I try to make myself as visible as possible (bright colors, headlight, eye contact, anticipating cagers, etc.) Even then, I've still had idiots pull out in front of me. And I'm sure that most of those motorcycle accidents are still the fault of the person pulling out. What do they say, "I just didn't see him......"

As of now, everyone is just ASSuming that the Ferrari was passing illegally on the double yellow. He must have been, because clearly only law-breaking douchebags drive Ferraris.

And I'm not even sure that is realistic, based on where the car is with the F150 parked on top of it. He is over the line, but angled toward oncoming traffic, which is likely from 2 things: Reacting to the car pulling out and the impact moving his car to the left. Had he been passing on the other side, then the car would be much further to the left. If he was just starting to cross the yellow line to get to the turn lane (as proposed by one "eyewitness",) then when he began to cross the line he was clearly very close to the F150, in which case, he/she never should have pulled out anyway.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #34
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Agree, I can barely even enjoy my car in south Tampa with the way people drive..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #35
ENINTY
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
I do ride.....

Only those that think that riding a motorcycle gives them license to ride illegally (like crossing double yellow lines to pass, ignoring speed limits, pass zones, etc.....) I try to make myself as visible as possible (bright colors, headlight, eye contact, anticipating cagers, etc.) Even then, I've still had idiots pull out in front of me. And I'm sure that most of those motorcycle accidents are still the fault of the person pulling out. What do they say, "I just didn't see him......"

As of now, everyone is just ASSuming that the Ferrari was passing illegally on the double yellow. He must have been, because clearly only law-breaking douchebags drive Ferraris.

And I'm not even sure that is realistic, based on where the car is with the F150 parked on top of it. He is over the line, but angled toward oncoming traffic, which is likely from 2 things: Reacting to the car pulling out and the impact moving his car to the left. Had he been passing on the other side, then the car would be much further to the left. If he was just starting to cross the yellow line to get to the turn lane (as proposed by one "eyewitness",) then when he began to cross the line he was clearly very close to the F150, in which case, he/she never should have pulled out anyway.
Now that we've established that we both ride (a good thing because I think most cagers should take a mandatory ride on a motorcycle so that the better understand how lethal driving any type of vehicle can actually be), then I think it is fair to ASSume there was a good chance the F150 didn't see the 458. It looks clear to me from just the small amount of information provided that the Ferrari driver put himself in a traffic situation that made him highly susceptible to not being seen. Being that Ferraris are tiny cars the driver, just as a good motorcyclist does, needs to better anticipate traffic situations that can lead to an accident based on the type of vehicle he is driving.

As a motorcyclist you can claim you had the right of way all you want and bitch about how the car driver didn’t see you (as you lay in the hospital with a bleeding spleen), but in the end it is your responsibility to prevent an accident because your life depends on it.

Last edited by ENINTY; 02-02-2011 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 05:20 PM   #36
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Now that we've established that we both ride (a good thing because I think most cagers should take a mandatory ride on a motorcycle so that the better understand how lethal driving any type of vehicle can actually be), then I think it is fair to ASSume there was a good chance the F150 didn't see the 458. It looks clear to me from just the small amount of information provided that the Ferrari driver put himself in a traffic situation that made him highly susceptible to not being seen. Being that Ferraris are tiny cars the driver, just as a good motorcyclist does, needs to better anticipate traffic situations that can lead to an accident based on the type of vehicle he is driving.

As a motorcyclist you can claim you had the right of way all you want and bitch about how the car driver didn’t see you (as you lay in the hospital with a bleeding spleen), but in the end it is your responsibility to prevent an accident because your life depends on it.

I agree w that totally, bitch all you want about whose fault it was, but if you put yourself in the way of danger needlessly and you got hurt or your property got hurt.....blame yourself.
      02-02-2011, 05:37 PM   #37
Impervious
UNC FTW
Pakistan
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 135i

Would have been better if it was one of the F150 Raptors...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #38
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impervious View Post
Would have been better if it was one of the F150 Raptors...

I would expect a picture of the Raptor flying over the Ferrari after crushing the hood, not getting stuck on it.
      02-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #39
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Personally, of the truck drivers I see, especially around huntington beach CA area most of them raised their trucks 6 ft in the air and drive with chip on their shoulder like they have something to prove.

How they drive is definitely not defensive driving. Speed in excess of 90mph and weaving in&out of lanes in a 4000lb vehicle is a serious disregard of others well being. 405 can stop on a dime due to poor driver's near sight-ness. Matter of time one of these trucks steam rolls onto column of cars. Now that's not even going to those drivers who also mounts the confederate flag in the bed and bent on cutting everyone off until he reaches the fast lane.
      02-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #40
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
pwnd
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #41
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:

I disagree.. I have no problem with bikers but you know the risk of driving one, its not my fault you chose to drive something so unsafe...

I can't imagine expecting everyone else to be extra safe around me just because im on a bike..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 09:17 PM   #42
ENINTY
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
I disagree.. I have no problem with bikers but you know the risk of driving one, its not my fault you chose to drive something so unsafe...

I can't imagine expecting everyone else to be extra safe around me just because im on a bike..
Ehhh, that is exactly my point. If you ride a motorcycle that has no protection in the event a crash, it is up to you as the rider to avoid accidents at all costs, which means not driving in a manner that puts yourself in bad situation (as the Ferrari driver did). Rule 1 is every car will try to run into you, act accordingly...

It wasn't the F150 driver's fault that Ferrari-boy decided to drive a tiny car that is easily hidden by other traffic and then put his car in a illegal spot on the road to get runover by the Ford.

And it would have been cool if it was a Raptor because he could of just driven over the 458 and kept on going.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 09:30 PM   #43
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
agreed
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2011, 12:33 AM   #44
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

Ugly car anyways....458 that is. Don't give me the you can't afford it BS...I don't like it. Now that owner can go buy a 430 Scuderia that's a real car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0