E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > fuck the police!... sike :)

10-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe TIAG

fuck the police!... sike :)

so I got pulled over for going over 90mph on the freeway. I wasn't trying to be a speed racer on the freeway or anything like that, I was genuinely testing my car to see if it still has the pulling power since I've been having a lot of problems with misfire, rough cold start, and boost leak. My car smells like shit since its completely catless, even no secondary cat. I have my radar detector hardwired and mounted right under my rear mirror. I even had my cobb ap hooked up and the cable was dangling in my car. Everything was completely visible and I highly doubt that he missed any of those. In my head i thought for sure that I was going to get a fat speeding ticket, and a fat fix it ticket because of all the mods.

I was very quick to shut the car off as soon as I pulled over to a stop. The officer didn't have any question regarding my mod nor the smell. So I dodged the ticket for the mods. Thinking hmm for sure I was going to get the speeding ticket. I guess because I haven't had a violation nor pullover for more than 6 yrs, and because of how respectful I was to the officer, he let me go with just a fix-it ticket for not having my current insurance card in the car

moral of the story, cops are people too and they like to be treated with respect just like everyone else. If you make a mistake, just own up to it instead of making excuses.

Last edited by mythek; 10-15-2014 at 09:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
Tom Droze
Major
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i (e92)

Is your uncle the Chief of Police?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Droze View Post
Is your uncle the Chief of Police?
lol i wish! but I must say I'm feeling very lucky today. And I'm the type of guy that would never get luck like that....well i guess i can't say that anymore
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #4
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Nice luck! Every now and then we get cops that are decent to us. But for the most part, they are dicks and just want to write a bunch of tickets.
      10-15-2014, 10:07 PM   #5
jb3617
show me potato salad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

my experience has always been be honest with the cop when you get pulled over. 9 times out of 10 you know why you're getting stopped. it has worked for me a few times and no tickets issued. if he does give you a ticket, like OP said, it's usually a fix-it ticket.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 10:31 PM   #6
Bbacho2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93

2 weeks ago i got pulled over for going 20 over speed limit, cop asked " is this your car?" I said "yes" - "nice car, slow down and have a nice day" ... I almost gave him a kiss lol !
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #7
Newguy123
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Nissan Titan

I've gotten out of a lot of tickets with exactly what OP said own up to what you did. Don't play dumb and make up excuses that they hear all day long everyday. A lot of cops do drive BMWs actually around here
Fuel-It! direct port meth injection
check out my youtube channel here
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #8
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythek View Post
so I got pulled over for going over 90mph on the freeway. I wasn't trying to be a speed racer on the freeway or anything like that, I was genuinely testing my car to see if it still has the pulling power since I've been having a lot of problems with misfire, rough cold start, and boost leak. My car smells like shit since its completely catless, even no secondary cat. I have my radar detector hardwired and mounted right under my rear mirror. I even had my cobb ap hooked up and the cable was dangling in my car. Everything was completely visible and I highly doubt that he missed any of those. In my head i thought for sure that I was going to get a fat speeding ticket, and a fat fix it ticket because of all the mods.

I was very quick to shut the car off as soon as I pulled over to a stop. The officer didn't have any question regarding my mod nor the smell. So I dodged the ticket for the mods. Thinking hmm for sure I was going to get the speeding ticket. I guess because I haven't had a violation nor pullover for more than 6 yrs, and because of how respectful I was to the officer, he let me go with just a fix-it ticket for not having my current insurance card in the car

moral of the story, cops are people too and they like to be treated with respect just like everyone else. If you make a mistake, just own up to it instead of making excuses.
Are you by chance NOT Caucasian? Not to say its often a race thing... but most cops are usually Male and most are usually Caucasian... while I agree it may help to own up to things, but for the most part you need to treat things like you are planning to fight a ticket and keep your mouth shut on what you did wrong.

I've personally fought many tickets in my life and won, but I can tell you for a fact that owning up to something would never have gotten me out of anything. Always be respectful to the officer at the side of the road (he can make things really bad for you)... the time to take off the gloves and do battle is in the court room.

GL to all.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 01:12 AM   #9
9ball
Private
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E92

Whenever I get pulled over I just accept that its my time for a ticket. I figure that all the time that I get away with speeding, rolling stop signs or running lights, its bound to catch up to me. When I get pulled over I own up to it if I was doing it. The police do not want to hear excuses. Almost everybody they pull over has one. I am usually smiling and very friendly to the officer when they walk up to my door. I always ask the officer if they might be able to cut me a break. Guess what? Almost 100% of the time the officer will lower my ticket or let me off.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 01:18 AM   #10
bomiheko
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi

My friend got 2 tickets for having too many passengers and not displaying correct learner sign. Officer wouldn't even let us explain. Now I know we were wrong, but friend just didn't want us to get home alone since we were drunk. Funny thing is I was just under the tolerance limit so I had to drive us home in his car. How messed up is this lol
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 02:44 AM   #11
climax_e92
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Nice man! Same happened to me. First thing cop said, "first of all, this is a nice car. How long have you had it"? I told him a few months. That's why I only have my euro plates on. He checked my ID and just let me go, no warning or anything. as long as we are respectful, then they will show the same respect. And I'm Asian! So it's not just a white thing haha.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 09:47 AM   #12
jb3617
show me potato salad
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazman View Post
Are you by chance NOT Caucasian? Not to say its often a race thing... but most cops are usually Male and most are usually Caucasian... while I agree it may help to own up to things, but for the most part you need to treat things like you are planning to fight a ticket and keep your mouth shut on what you did wrong.

I've personally fought many tickets in my life and won, but I can tell you for a fact that owning up to something would never have gotten me out of anything. Always be respectful to the officer at the side of the road (he can make things really bad for you)... the time to take off the gloves and do battle is in the court room.

GL to all.
Back when I first started driving I got 2 tickets I had to appear in court for. Speeding and probationary license violation. I played it cool with the officer and didn't give him any grief. He did show up for the court date and when I went to talk to the prosecutor, he put it a good word for me and I had the speeding ticket reduced and the license violation thrown out. I was looking at 4 points and a huge fine. Ended up being 2 points and just court costs. YMMV but as fazman said, always be respectful to the officer and it can usually work in your favor unless the officer is a real prick.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #13
TEAM SLO
Slo'est E90 around
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i gone, 2011 335IX e90 6mt

Ive definitely had my run in with law enforcement. Most of the time, I was in the wrong. Received many tickets, but I have had a couple of instances where the officer just gave a warning and let me go. Mostly on my sportbike including recently, doing 25 over up in the mountains just cruising.

I owned up to it letting him know I was just taking it easy and cruising before the season ends but yes, I was probably speeding. He requested my usual info, and told me up front I would not be getting a ticket. He just wanted to verify everything was legitimate.

In the end, I don't get pissy at law enforcement that are just doing their job whether I get a ticket or not.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #14
brewnami
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i M Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race View Post
Nice luck! Every now and then we get cops that are decent to us. But for the most part, they are dicks and just want to write a bunch of tickets.
You guys in VA, especially. Traffic cops up there are among the worst in the country. Consequences for speeding there are asinine. I just always like to avoid contact with all police at all times. Maybe 1 in 10 are decent humans, in my opinion.
2009 335i M Sport coupe, BSM with black/aluminum interior, 6MT, JB4 G5, MDH Backend Flash, Walbro 255 inline LPFP, VRSF Inlets, BMS 3" catless DP's, Borla Aggressive catback, ER FMIC, ER charge pipe, Tial BOV, BMS 2.3 gal Meth Kit, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, Ported CDV, RB PCV, Cyba ram air scoops, Status Gruppe SRS coilovers, ECS trailing arms, Forgestar F14 SDC.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #15
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Yea va cops are rude, and usually write the tickets. I try to spot them before they spot me, and if I'm going over 100, and there stationary I'm gone before they can even pull out.
      10-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #16
Volasko
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i E90, 18 530xe G30

Garage List
Moral of the story is to own up? You just said you shut down everything to hide the mods lol. You just got lucky!

I agree though, the best thing you can be is respectful. The second you come off as a stereotypical BMW driver he will do anything he/she can do to screw you.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 02:18 PM   #17
MYovichZ4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0i Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb3617 View Post
my experience has always been be honest with the cop when you get pulled over. 9 times out of 10 you know why you're getting stopped. it has worked for me a few times and no tickets issued. if he does give you a ticket, like OP said, it's usually a fix-it ticket.
Agreed. Even in speed traps, I've found that they usually more interested in getting people to slow down than in writing tickets.

2007 BMW Z4 3.0i Roadster / Silver Grey
BMW CCA 492691
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #18
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Last week I walked by an officer speaking to a guy about 25yo who received multiple citations for equipment violations. I actually walked by a few times, and the officer was listing off things that were probably done to the car in a matter-of-fact kind of way.

The last time I went by the officer said "I just saved you about $700, I switched it to a fix-it, BECAUSE YOU SPOKE TO ME IN A RESPECTFUL MANNER AND DIDN'T ARGUE LIKE A LITTLE KID"

I covered my mouth and said "Take that shit and RUN!"
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #19
m3ray
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Bet ya if he had gotten the ticket there would be no "sike" at the end of this thread title...lol
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #20
mythek
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3ray View Post
Bet ya if he had gotten the ticket there would be no "sike" at the end of this thread title...lol
lol no buddy I wouldn't even post a thread. I dont hate police, I just hate getting busted. I'm reasonable though, police just doing their things, they didnt make the laws.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 03:24 PM   #21
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM SLO View Post
Mostly on my sportbike including recently, doing 25 over up in the mountains just cruising.
That is one sneaky undercover car. You can just make out his radar unit on his dash there. Rectangular box and the round radar gun. Probably wouldn't even have gotten pulled over if you had a radar detector, jus sayin'.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 03:39 PM   #22
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

100 miles and runnin'
Always into something
Yellin fuck the police
Like I'm straight up out of Compton
Appreciate 0