E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Whst is up with 335i drivers?

06-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #23
E90Boy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14 F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by takedown8 View Post
WTF? You think Boston gets better weather? Look at a map. Toronto is farther south than Boston and gets much better weather too!

It has nothing to do with what country you're in.

From what I gathered on google, Toronto's Seasonal Average Snowfall: 141 cm (55.5 in) and Boston's 42.6 inches of snow. I"m sure you like more snow, but not me. All I'm saying is CANADA GETS MORE SNOW THAN USA. "Look at a map".
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #24
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
I am sure that a ProCeeded 335i can out accelerate a Z4M that is not supercharged.
BTW, where did you get the numbers from a supercharged Z4M? Or are you just guessing?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 01:56 PM   #25
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:

If you really want to race then take it to a racetrack with proper turns and a Z4M that is unmodified will ProCeed to hand you your a**. I like that last sentence.... A classic
Wow - a far cry from you original post talking about the attitudes of 335 drivers. Isn't it amazing how you've come full cirlce, and now you're the one with the attitude? Makes you really have to wonder about your credibility in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 02:05 PM   #26
jonerik26
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: black 335i e90 PRE-LCI

Garage List
2007 335i  [8.00]
1998 Acura Integra  [8.50]
2006 325i  [8.00]
maybe your just focusing on 335i drivers....everyone on the road is the same with all brands of cars..........
      06-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #27
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Wow - a far cry from you original post talking about the attitudes of 335 drivers. Isn't it amazing how you've come full cirlce, and now you're the one with the attitude? Makes you really have to wonder about your credibility in the first place.
You are right. I found TheAcAvenger's post to be offensive. I should not have followed his or her bad example. I apologise for that. A feel ashamed - finally a 335i driver managed to e-bait me.

Now - you, normtrum, are talking apples & oranges. There is a bit of difference between starting at a traffic light (on public roads) and trying to be a "straight line" racer (which does not really require much skill) & driving on a private track that is meant to be driven fast on. So - I repeat, if you really want to see what your 335i (ProCeed or not) can do then please take it on a track. Do not race on public roads where there are little children, potentially, crossing the street.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 02:46 PM   #28
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
BTW, where did you get the numbers from a supercharged Z4M? Or are you just guessing?
I haven't bothered looking for a SuperCharger yet for my Z4M. However, there are many superchargers available for the S54 engine. For example: http://www.koperformance.com/BMW/tur...percharger.htm

I have to decide whether I will keep my Z4M Coupe or pick up an M3 when the Warranty is running out.... I may even go the M6 route.

Now - getting back to "racing" on Public Streets.... It is asinine.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #29
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

Quote:
You are right. I found TheAcAvenger's post to be offensive. I should not have followed his or her bad example. I apologise for that. A feel ashamed - finally a 335i driver managed to e-bait me.

Now - you, normtrum, are talking apples & oranges. There is a bit of difference between starting at a traffic light (on public roads) and trying to be a "straight line" racer (which does not really require much skill) & driving on a private track that is meant to be driven fast on. So - I repeat, if you really want to see what your 335i (ProCeed or not) can do then please take it on a track. Do not race on public roads where there are little children, potentially, crossing the street.
Well it's not that big of a deal, I get "baited" on here every once in awhile myself. Ya about me and the Z4m, sure there were a lot of variables, the first of which was I didn't want to race, which is the main point I was trying to make. I hardly ever get into it with people on the road, only when pravoked (which is really a pretty lame excuse).
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #30
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I haven't bothered looking for a SuperCharger yet for my Z4M. However, there are many superchargers available for the S54 engine. For example: http://www.koperformance.com/BMW/tur...percharger.htm

I have to decide whether I will keep my Z4M Coupe or pick up an M3 when the Warranty is running out.... I may even go the M6 route.
The reason I asked was because I couldn't find a supercharger kit for the Z4M.

Quote:
Now - getting back to "racing" on Public Streets.... It is asinine.
I would agree that needlessly endangering people is asinine. If you can race without the risk to others, I have no problem with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #31
Dammmittt
My favorite sign.
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2007 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
I agree with this. There is some illusion of power among many 335i drivers, because they simply don't know better. A lot of 335i drivers have not had the opportunity to drive different sports cars, so they think they have a "fast" car. If they actually had driven a fast sports car, they would not be going off bragging and gloating with an inflated sense of power. This sense of power relative to experience.

On the other hand, I wouldn't call Z4M "agile". It weighs 3,295 pounds! That's over 400 pounds more than an RX-7, for example. This is a bigger difference in weight than is the Z4M to the 335i.
I didn't say that the Z4M was the most agile care around...I just said that the 335 is not. However, with the stiffness of the chassis and the low center of gravity...the RX-7 would not see anything but my tail lights on a track and the same goes for the 335i...no matter how many hp and torque you get out of your tuned 3.0 liter. I'm still waiting to see what that does to your engine over time...stock boost is stock boost for a reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
I might be able to see your point. On the flip side, I ran into my first z4 m coupe a few weeks ago at a stop light. A gentle left turn took us on a 1 mile, 2 lane on ramp to a freeway. I was looking at the guys car at the light, cus I luv the car! He pointed to the road, I shook my head no, he honked, I said no again, he honked a 3rd time I shrugged my shoulders. He backed off after about 4th gear as he was in my rear view mirror already. I didn't ask for it. I said no, twice.

So if you really want to get down to it, I guess it can swing both ways. The diff between you and me is I don't post it on the Z site.

Oh, and yes I have a procede.
And as many of you E90 folks seem to forget...the members lounge is for all of the bimmerpost forums...not just e90s.

At the end of the day...the 335i is a great car...and a good drag car for it's the price. The Z4M is also a great car for it's price and is a superb track car. Just enjoy what you got and have fun with it.

07 ///M Coupe (Premium Package) Black Saphire Ext. Imola Red Int.

Best Website EVER!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 04:01 PM   #32
hands on
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i coupe, Titanium/Saddle

Quote:
Hey all. I am going to get flamed by saying this - so be it.

What is the problem with 335i drivers? I think that the 335i is a pretty decent car. Handles nicely, is comfortable, has very good acceleration etc. A nice compromise just as my Z4M is.

However, whenever I has seen a 335i - the drivers, more often than not, look as though they have something to prove. There are countless times that 335i drivers have tried to race me in my Z4M. I have never taken the bait because I have nothing to prove to a 335i, a Honda Civic, or a Mustang for that matter. I can't be bothered with G35's, & IS350's either. I have nothing to prove to a 18-wheeler either - they are capable of squashing me and I cannot touch them!

So - what is up with people who buy "The BMW 335i"? They should know better.
maybe they just like driving fast and having fun it's not always about you bub
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #33
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1526 View Post
maybe your just focusing on 335i drivers....everyone on the road is the same with all brands of cars..........
Seriously. I get "challenged" a few times a day, almost every day. It's a shame some 335i owners are being lame, but it's not just them, most people just suck.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #34
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hands on View Post
maybe they just like driving fast and having fun it's not always about you bub
Maybe they shouldn't do that on city streets bub.

Plus, if someone keeps accelerating and braking and accelerating and braking and keeps looking at you then maybe it is about you bub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picus View Post
Seriously. I get "challenged" a few times a day, almost every day. It's a shame some 335i owners are being lame, but it's not just them, most people just suck.
You are right - it is not just 335i drivers. The Honda Civics with 4-inch exhausts also do it.... I just expect more from 335i drivers.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #35
vAnt826
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Maybe they shouldn't do that on city streets bub.

Plus, if someone keeps accelerating and braking and accelerating and braking and keeps looking at you then maybe it is about you bub.

You are right - it is not just 335i drivers. The Honda Civics with 4-inch exhausts also do it.... I just expect more from 335i drivers.
Then ignore them and move on with life.

Worthless topic targetted at a broad range of people that the OP has no real info behind.

Next time before you target every single 335i, how about you limit it to a specific range?

It's just like people who say BMW drivers are all assholes, and Z4 drivers are all gay or girls.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 05:18 PM   #36
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Quote:

How on earth was my post offensive when someone starts a thread called "What is up with 335i drivers" when a huge segment of the members on e90post drive 335is? As if all 335 drivers drive like a-holes. I'm pretty sure i clearly stated it wasn't anything personal. And i'm pretty sure I wasn't e-baiting anyone. I find it hard to get "offended" by something on the internet, but I'm pretty sure one could find your post generalizing 335i drivers as juvenile compared to z4m drivers to be slightly more offensive
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 08:02 PM   #37
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
How on earth was my post offensive when someone starts a thread called "What is up with 335i drivers" when a huge segment of the members on e90post drive 335is? As if all 335 drivers drive like a-holes. I'm pretty sure i clearly stated it wasn't anything personal. And i'm pretty sure I wasn't e-baiting anyone. I find it hard to get "offended" by something on the internet, but I'm pretty sure one could find your post generalizing 335i drivers as juvenile compared to z4m drivers to be slightly more offensive
It was the whole deal with "Whore" and all - that was unkind.

For the second part just look at all the Threads: "333i vs Is300" "335i vs RS4" "335i vs Ferarri" and the list goes on. I do not see any threads about Z4M's or Z4's that are like that. Need I say more?

Here's your post for reference. See the "whore" part with the M? That was unkind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
This thread is ridiculous. If I paid $52k for a loaded 3, i'm pretty sure I couldve bought a Z4M or a Vette. It's personal preference. I don't have to prove anything because I could've just as easily had your car. Your M-badge whore "blow off the 3" attitude is just as bad, if not worse than the "lets make a name for the 3" attitude. There's nothing unattainable about a z4m or a vette.

Nothing personal, just my 2 cents
For the record - you cannot ever have had my car because I bought it and I won't sell it to you!!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 08:07 PM   #38
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Hahaha, my bad, guy. It's not really calling anyone a "whore." It's just a nickname for people with a lot of brand loyalty. Wow, I can totally see why you were offended. It's kind of a slang term. It's not meant to be taken literally. Type in "badge-whore" in the search and see how many results you get.

Huge misunderstanding
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #39
mayanh8
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

I don't know. I see many 335i's on my way to and from work. Never had a problem. 100% of the time they seem completely content, minding their own business.

Conversely, I get noticed by E90 3-series (non-335) all the time. I can't count how many times I have been tailgated or had a ricer fly-by done on me by one of these for absolutely no reason at all. They seem to be the most aggressive BMW drivers on the road, at least in my experience.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 08:43 PM   #40
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
I'm still waiting to see what that does to your engine over time...stock boost is stock boost for a reason.
I wonder what the extra stress is doing to the pistons, the tiny turbos, and the transmission. It will be interesting to see what breaks first. Presumably the weakest link in the powertrain will be revealed as power is increased in the coming months. I was told by a Dinan dealer that Alpina destroyed many N54 engines in their experiments on the B3 - they basically settled with just 40HP over stock and even decided to use different pistons with that meager increase in power over stock. However, many of the detrimental factors, like heat and knock due to lean condition, are being monitored and are in normal ranges.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #41
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammmittt View Post
The problem with 335i drivers is they think they drive a race car...when nothing could be further from the truth. They drive a car that can accelerate fast. Race cars can turn people. And a 335i...is not a car that is know for it's agility.
+1 but hey i shouldnt talk the RS4 gets sat down by the 335 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #42
blackcat335i
blackcat
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe

I was the first 335i in my area but there are about 8 now. I almost got the current M3 but too bad the new one will only be out next year. Everytime when I see a M5 or M3, I will drive behind them, I love the M.

The 335I is getting a lot of attention these days (good and bad)... it's new and a great car ( far from the best ). The new M3 will be out soon and that will cool it little brother down.

The best car is money can buy but not a person ...hope everyone enjoy their car and drive safe....we should be happy that we are driving a BMW.

In LA you get a lot of honda and cab trying to race u, but the cop alway wins... u don't want to race one.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 12:31 AM   #43
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Hey all. I am going to get flamed by saying this - so be it.

What is the problem with 335i drivers? I think that the 335i is a pretty decent car. Handles nicely, is comfortable, has very good acceleration etc. A nice compromise just as my Z4M is.

However, whenever I has seen a 335i - the drivers, more often than not, look as though they have something to prove. There are countless times that 335i drivers have tried to race me in my Z4M. I have never taken the bait because I have nothing to prove to a 335i, a Honda Civic, or a Mustang for that matter. I can't be bothered with G35's, & IS350's either. I have nothing to prove to a 18-wheeler either - they are capable of squashing me and I cannot touch them!

So - what is up with people who buy "The BMW 335i"? They should know better.
Why did you start this thread? do YOU have something to prove?

If I had a Z4M, wasn't into racing on the streets, and I had nothing to prove... the issue really wouldn't bother me as much as it seems to be bothering you. In psychiatry they call this "Projection." I learnt that at skool.

Edit: now that I think about it more, I'm in the same situation as you are. I drive a brand new 335i and just today I had 2 330Ci's trying to race me at stoplights. I declined both times, but I didn't feel resentful as you do... I know it's just because either they want to prove they're faster or because they want to see how fast I am... so be it. I don't go post a thread on "what is up with 330Ci drivers!?"

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2007, 01:33 AM   #44
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

Wow why is this such a big deal? Most people just want to see what's up with the car, nothing more than that. if anything I get more people trying to race me than me trying to race people ( old gen g35 sedan/coupe, srt-8 dodge ram, srt pacifica, G6, cts-v, srt-crossfire e.t.c) if the road is clear sometimes you have fun, sometimes you don't.

It is indeed guaranteed that you'll meet some people that are annoying, but you can't just classify all of them as that. Unless I should have started many threads about why is it that so many audi drivers, maxima drivers, infiniti drivers e.t.c always wants to race.

p.s. I had to remove my badge because it was that bad, and it really did die down after that, which is kind of surprising since the dual (single exhaust on each side) still gives it away, but I still meet bmw drivers who still don't know about the 335i and ask what mod did you do to get the car like that?

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0