E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Replacing BMW parts

07-22-2007, 12:09 AM   #1
Deutsch
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Replacing BMW parts

Just asking out of curiosity: Are parts hard to get a hold of at the dealer's service dept? Are they generally all stocked in Germany or do inventories eventually build up stateside to accommodate cars in service? I imagine at some point inventories do build up, around the end of a particlar generations lifespan, I'm not for sure though?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2007, 08:12 AM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

For new models, it takes a while to stock parts bins when demand is high on the assembly line. Beyond that, BMW has a great supply channel.

I did ED on my e90 on the 2nd week it was available to US buyers, and it got damaged on return shipment. IIRC, there were 4 or 5 of us on Bimmerfest that were on the same ship and had damage. I guess the ship ran into rough seas. It took an extra 4 weeks for me to get the car because it was waiting for parts at the VPC in Jersey.
Appreciate 0